It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds reach deal with Damascus to end Syria conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It looks like there is some further movement in Syria to try and establish a peace deal. It has been to long in coming IMO due to all the external forces trying to tear the Syria apart for their on purposes. Never can tell were all this will end but at least it is some good news as far as I am concerned.

An alliance of Kurdish and Arab militants in Syria says it has come to an agreement with the Syrian government to develop negotiations to end violence in Syria.

The announcement was made after the so-called Syrian Democratic Council (SDC), the political wing of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), sent a delegation to Damascus for talks with Syrian officials earlier this week. The SDF, itself, is a US-backed coalition of mainly Kurdish militants.

The SDC said in a statement Saturday that it had agreed with the government of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to form committees that would "chart a roadmap to a democratic, decentralized Syria.”

The SDC delegation visited Damascus for the first time after President Assad said that he was “opening doors” for negotiations with Syrian Kurds that he said had "apparently become wary" of their unpredictable ally - the United States.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Friends one election cycle, enemies the next, sucks to be these guys.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

GD you. GD you I say!

Now the Deep State is sure to shut this site down. RACIST!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

biggest problem to peace is the fractures within the terrorist groups. Just as one signs a peace deal, 3 quarters of the group rebel and start another group.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Hope it works out in the region, I think the place has had enough of Western fueled violence

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

biggest problem to peace is the fractures within the terrorist groups. Just as one signs a peace deal, 3 quarters of the group rebel and start another group.

If only certain groups would stop funding these terrorists.... Wink wink nudge nudge...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Iranian pro Assad propaganda.

From what I am reading there have been no negotiations or deals. Both sides stated their positions and that's it.

Afaik Kurds want an autonomous region and that is something Assad will never accept.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This is excellent news!!

The US influenced Kurds and the Russian influenced Syrian government are working towards peace.... all within a month of Trump/Putin meeting!

I had hoped that this is precisely what we would see for the Syrian people!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Dang well since it is a double post may as well continue my thought process.

I have followed the Syrian crisis since the beginning. I know people from Aleppo and it is so good to see the Syrian people being given the opportunity of peace.

This is directly because of Trump, if the heinous one would have been elected, Syria would look like Libya.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amMonday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Amazing, these crazy stupid warlord leaders of these groups after all these dead young men died for nothing now they decide to stop fighting. THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED!

We need a worldwide boycott by young men joining these armies and then maybe there would be world peace since the old bastards who start these wars won’t fight.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The kurds and Assad have been heading this way for some time. I expect the kurds will get a deal similar to the one in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
How how they going to get Turkey off their backs?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Kurds and the Syrian government have never really been enemies. Aside from a few minor skirmishes here & there, they've avoided fighting each other.

On the larger scene, any hopes of an independent Kurdish state are gone. Turkey would never allow this to happen. Preventing the formation of such a state was the reason Turkey got involved in the Syrian civil war in the first place.

Once the Kurds have formally reconciled with the Assad government, there will be nothing to justify continued Turkish involvement in the conflict. The government will invade the Idlib province and re-establish control, and the war will be over.

top topics

join