It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa - Land Expropriation.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Russian policy is going to be behind all this further up the line. The tactics being used to scare people off the land are exactly what the Russians did to German speaking people all over eastern Europe pre 1945 and post 1945 for decades afterwards. Localised massacres on farms and just generally making life very uncomfortable for German minorities all the way to the 1960's resulted in the greatest migration the world has ever seen. It went on for decades. It worked too, Slavs took over all the former areas once inhabited by Germans. Sounds familiar? Same process going on right now?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You are dead right.

Land expropriation: What could possibly go wrong? (Inspired by Stalin, designed to create misery.)

It is no secret that the Soviet Union was (and probably still is) the single biggest influence in framing the ANC’s ideological framework. Much of the ANC’s rhetoric on the working class, transformation, monopoly capital and even land reform is taken directly from the terminology of the Soviet Union.

It has been so successful in this that many in the ANC regularly quote communist leaders like Joseph Stalin and Vladimir Lenin unconsciously, thinking that they are simply expressing their own thoughts. During the past year, a great fuss was made by the ANC about the Bolshevist Revolution of 1917, in which Lenin and the Communists took power, eventually leading to the founding of the Soviet Union and Stalin’s dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Apartheid was instituted because Communism was rampant in the Black SA population. The Soviets spend considerable resources arming and training rebels both inside SA and in neighboring countries ultimately resulting in the Bush Wars of the 70's and 80's fighting insurgents backed by Cuban troops. There was simply no other way to maintain a modern society under the conditions that existed post WW 2. Nelson Mandela later admitted to be a member of the communist party.

What is happening today is the very reason Apartheid was ever started. The SA government did create homelands but they also provided schools, hospitals, police, social services etc. Every single metric from income to education to health and life expectancy has eroded since the beginning of Black rule. That is all the proof necessary to know why white South Africans did what they did. They knew what would happen and acted in their own best interests.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bro, you mentioned Hermanus.

And the "people's war" showed us how bad intimidation can be.

They took a cat, swung it around and then put it in a fire.
ewn.co.za...

Flip, that broke my heart.

I mean people can have differences, but when you do that to an innocent kitty cat.
I don't think there's much negotiation possible.

And historically they (the Bantus) didn't live in Hermanus at all.
They are the colonizers.

The brown or Khoisan people are saying, enough.
Go back to the Eastern Cape.

You come here on a bus or taxi, and you never paid a cent for anything.
And if you don't get what you want immediately you burn down our libraries, our houses and municipal structures.

You had the most fruitful, beautiful land in SA declared as reservations (the former Transkei and Ciskei).
And you did nothing with it.

Now you come here to break the people's things.
This will lead to a serious ethnic clash.
I'm not even talking white vs. black.
South Africa is far more complex.
There are local people who claim this land, before the Bantus even invaded from Uganda.

And to put it mildly - they are not impressed.
edit on 17-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders.

Maybe they would be welcomed with open arms.

They would be greeted by smiling faces - while getting beaten from behind and having their phones and wallets stolen. Crime in SA is roughly 10x what it is in the US.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Renaming the Cape Town International Airport.

The Xhosas (Bantus) say it should be the Winnie Mandela airport.
The local Khoisan tribes say it should be the Krotoa Airport.

It once was the DF Malan Airport.
But whites are out of the picture nowadays.

Glad to see it's gonna be named after somebody who made no contribution to flying whatsoever.

But now watch - that's over a name change for an airport.
I don't know what will happen over land in the Cape.

And then the chief: "If this will not be a Khoisan name, this will be war"!
Yeah, and they mean it.
They are not afraid.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Thanks for bringing this to us in the wider world halfoldman. Without people like you putting things in the international arena then we would have no idea about the changes going on in South Africa.

Do you believe that Western Cape could go its own way and become independent of the rest of the country? I have no idea whether this would be possible all over the region but there might be pockets in ape where it is possible through the ballot box to go down that route before the ANC take your cities away from you along with the land and if not a new breakaway republic?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Anything is possible.

Take it step by step.

Both the ANC and DA has failed us.

Find a party that puts the ratepayers and people of the Western Cape first, I'd say.

Send a clear message - you Bantus have your homelands, and we don't bus our people in and cause problems there.

That would be a democratic start.

Can the Cape actually become independent - not foreseeable.

My opinion, but I think, I'm actually moderate.
I wouldn't put anything past these dudes.
They are seriously pissed off.

If it does, we (as a white minority) support them.
Well I would.
All I can answer.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just one song:

Sing Afrikaner Sing.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Reading the newspaper.

OK, there is an ethnic element, but I want to get away from the ideology of the ANC.
And to me the DA (the ANC lite).

I read in Die Burger yesterday.
Every white farm over 12 000 hectares must have a portion that goes to a poor but successful black farmer from their tribal lands, or reservations.

So now they try and downplay the racial aspect and so forth.
Oh they know investment is nosediving.

But most of the SA interior is virtually desert.
So 12 000 hectares in some places might not be productive farmland at all (the Kalahari region), whereas in other places it might be super (the low-veld).

Is it reassuring?
No, because land doesn't work that way.
What are you farming (game, cattle, sheep, crops)?
How much water is there?
Crops must be rotated seasonally.

Absolutely zero understanding of the land (or rather, many landscapes).
No we can just chop this all up like a puzzle.

I'm glad I don't eat much.
Because they ain't going to grow much.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And most glaringly - most people just came to the city within a genration or two.

The last place they want to go is to live in some hut on the land.

They just got away from there.

So unless you do a Pol Pot, and chase all the people out of the cities at gunpoint (it wouldn't surprise me), who is willingly going to make the Kalahari fertile?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Do you believe that Western Cape could go its own way and become independent of the rest of the country? I have no idea whether this would be possible all over the region but there might be pockets in ape where it is possible through the ballot box to go down that route before the ANC take your cities away from you along with the land and if not a new breakaway republic?

Actually the Western Cape seceded from the RSA on 24 September 2017 (and seeing that no-one even noticed, again in July 2018)... It's now called The Sovereign State of Good Hope if you don't mind.

On the 24 September 2017, King Khoebaha Calvin Cornelius III engaged in a legitimate and lawful ceremony of secession at the Castle of Good Hope in Cape Town. This ceremony was broadcast live on Conscious Consumer Network, an independent media network, and was completely ignored by the government controlled mainstream media.

The government doesn't even acknowledge them or the so-called King of the Khoi-San... It's quite laughable. I don't know exactly how many people now believe they now live in a separate country, but if we go by their FB page, it's about 4,000 people...

You can have a laugh here:
Official website
News article

Seriously though, there are several scattered groups that are trying to secede legally. The ANC however does whatever it pleases, so I doubt it'll "just happen". Not without an actual fight.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Exactly. More than 90% of land reform claimants took the money instead of the "land". It's not really about the land. Never was...

When the land restitution process began in 1994, some 79 700 valid land claims were submitted by December 1998. By 2013, as the then minister of rural development and land reform, Gugile Nkwinti, pointed out, roughly 76 000 successful claims had been disposed of. However, only about 5 800 of these successful claimants (roughly 8%) chose to have their land restored to them. The remaining 92% preferred to receive cash compensation instead.
Source

And another insightful article
edit on 17/8/2018 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Been planning to move from Britain to Cape zone (or maybe Durban) for quite some time whenever my job goes down the pan and it's getting increasingly close lol to going soon.................... I visit SA property sites to look for something to live in, you get a lot for your pound over there but that is not the relevance here, something like a 20 hectare property is doable and within budget only a old shack is necessary to live in literally a stable, anyway such a property is listed on sites such as Pam Golding a 'farm.' Sure to me it's a smallholding or a house with a big garden, do you believe there is any chance that a smallholding like this might be taken by the government as they list it as a farm?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yeah, come join the fun!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks Halfoldman, tell the truth I just can't wait get to Africa. UK has been going down hill for about a decade or so it's just died and become a very strange place. Brexit is the culmination of that period, it may even end with something approaching Nazi Germany if politics keeps answering to the will of the people, I need to get out soon before it's too late. Very stale and unfriendly plus the party scene has died. Our streets are littered with heroin addicts, I swear it like a scene out of Thriller. Plus the wildlife is a bit poor, peasants and foxes are nice but Ostrich and Elephant just are better being honest and realistic about it. I only feel alive in Africa and having weighed things up Africa has more opportunities to live well on a reasonable basis.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
All our Sunday newspapers filled with land expropriation news.
Since they are still on sale their links aren't freely available yet.

But as far as I understood it, according to Rapport (an Afrikaans Sunday newspaper) some farms have received expropriation notifications as "test cases".

The ANC minister though says he's not committed to the 12 000 hectare thing.
Many people in SA don't even know how much land that is, and only 0,2 percent of farms in SA are over 12 000 hectares.

But we're getting a lot of duel news.
It seems they want one narrative to placate the foreign investors, and another one for their followers.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here a recent link I could find on the latest: citizen.co.za...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Wow....what a massive exaggeration.

The UK like Nazi Germany?
Are you for real?

When was the last time you were denied your right to free speech or your right to worship whatever deity you may deem fit to prostate yourself to?
Who is recommending the genocide of anyone?
Exactly how may the UK resemble Nazi Germany?

I know your rabidly anti-Brexit....but its called DEMOCRACY!

Please, please explain your reasoning.

I know there's much wrong with our country - in my opinion Brexit is the ideal opportunity to start addressing those issues, unfortunately for many reasons this opportunity is going to be wasted - but running it down like you constantly seem to do achieves nothing and comparing it to any fascist state let alone something as abhorrent as the Nazi regime is simply wrong and way, way wide of the mark.

Almost lost for words.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I've yet to see anything that begins to morally or ethically justify these land grabs.

They can twist, manipulate and even re-write the South African Constitution but no amount of spin and legalese can begin to defend this unwarranted and corrupt practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join