It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Acquires 94 Million Voter Cell Phone Numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Great... The DNC has data-farmed / crossed referenced voter records with commercially purchased data to get all of our cell phone numbers. Get ready to receive unsolicited calls, targeted adds, and SMS text to your cell from the DNC soon.

politicalwire.com...
www.axios.com...
www.documentcloud.org...

NATIONWIDE CELL PHONE ACQUISITION

The DNC acquired the cell phone number of every registered voter across the country for whom a cell phone was commercially available. To date, we have enhanced our voter file with the purchase of 94 million additional cell phone numbers.

This is a big investment unlike anything the party has done before, and will aid our efforts not only for 2018, but for 2019, 2020 and beyond. As the majority of the electorate continues to shift from landlines to cell phones, the DNC is making sure that Democrats and all our state parties are in the best position to contact voters and share our message.

This summer, the DNC launched a six-figure digital ad buy to reach sporadic voters and encourage them to commit to vote. Using the voter file, these ads are targeting a custom audience of people who typically vote in presidentials but not in midterms, with a focus on millennial voters and communities of color. Sporadic voters will also receive peer-to-peer SMS communications from the DNC, using our nationwide cell phone acquisition of registered voters. Anyone who commits to vote will then be part of a robust digital chase program this fall, using SMS, email, and other tools to send supporters their personalized polling place and encourage them to make a plan to vote -- the first fully digital commit-to-vote and chase program of its kind.

edit on 30-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh i cant wait. Time to get the "victim soundboards" back all loaded up at the ready on me pc.

Chinaman:

Irate Black Man:

And the patron saint of all prank calls, across all of possible history, Frank Garret:

Now that I think of it I should go register as a volunteer on all of their campaign websites, but not as what I call "pranktivism", I swear it, I've just been lacking a daily laugh for some years now after all the scammers and telemarketers worldwide scrubbed me from their call lists.

edit on 30-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

What if I change my number tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well orange you a party pooper. I say have a good laugh (see above) on the first call, and then have more laughs by calling the numbers back. Since 99% of all Democrat / Republican career politicians, calls from them classify as being from both "scammers" AND "telemarketers", and they're annoying (the politicians and the calls) I insist having a laugh at their expense doesnt even qualify as "activism" but more along the lines of common civic duty.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
considering how many times "Hillary" has called me...
I thought they were one of the very few that already had my number??
considering just how stingy I am about who I give it to...
would really like to know how they got it.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is TRUE.

TRUE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn those damn dirty .......something or other.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, considering most people, I think, simply want the government to get out of their lives and out of their bedrooms, I wonder how the DNC injecting themselves directly into the lives of average Americans this way will go over?

Think about it... a hard day, tired, come home to watch a little TV, and the cell phone rings: it's a recorded call about how I need to get out and vote Democrat! Or it's been a while and me and the wife decide to have a quiet romantic dinner and Pelosi calls to chide me about how important it is to vote for somebody. In a meeting at work, and the phone goes off with a text right as I'm trying to close a deal. Or maybe I'm just out having a good time and get 10 texts in a row from every politician running on the Democratic ticket.

What about at a funeral, and I get a very important call from Waters frantic about not letting the Republicans win?

Yeah, great idea... the spam snail mail is bad enough, now these fools are going to spam my phone as well? Good luck with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If they telemarket my cell phone I'll vote the "R" column out of spite.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Tara was the sender of the DNC text to me.

Don't have to worry about a mannners and decorum violation on your cell people.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Let them call me. Then I'll have their phone number. Two can play.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Have fun with them, I offered to make a donation when the Hilldog's campaign called me, I told them I had my granny's polyester pant suits and her walker. They no likey.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This is true. The single biggest way I was turned against unions was when the teachers' union spent all my dues to harass me all through the election season calling me every night to tell me they had determined who I better vote for. And make no mistake, the wording was coercive, not persuasive. I kept receiving flyers with "VOTE! Your job depends on it!" on them. The calls weren't any different and they were live callers, not robo.

I got so tired of it that I started asking what good they were for if the only active presence in my life was to tell me who to vote for with threats and to hold weekly mandatory complaint fests about the work we were being told to do.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

How wonderful. There are not enough dolts calling about credit card transfers and other nefarious things and now the DNC is going to harass me, too? Don't they realize that this is counterproductive?

I'm thinking of counting annoyances and then vote for the candidate who bothers me the least with their political ads. Calls at supper time count as five calls. Every call I get in Spanish counts as ten calls.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

umm... ya... I've gotten calls from republican candidates also??

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I hope a real person calls me.
If they are Dems, I have quite a bit to tell them. Maybe I can straighten out their thinking a bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Remember how horrible it was when it was revealed that this sort of data collection was done by the Trump campaign?!

The horror! It was so invasive ...

But this is apparently hunky-dory A-OK,
! WINNING.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I have too, and I have voted Democrat just out of spite.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You guys actually accept a call from a number you don't know? I get one of those I ignore it. If it's important they'll leave a message.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If they bother me I will vote against them just to spite them. I am sure I am not the only one who won't take kindly to their disingenuous soliciting.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You guys actually accept a call from a number you don't know? I get one of those I ignore it. If it's important they'll leave a message.

We have a cheap-@ss Magic Jack attachment with our house number for most purposes. The idea is that most of the annoying calls go to it and then we ignore them outright.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join