It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reee is always bigger in Texas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Maybe it's the To....looks rather phallic when you think about it.

That can make a lot of guys uncomfortable.

But hey just like the people from the op he can petition me to change it and I will consider it.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Since the name change occurred in 1839, according to wiki, I think we can safely assume that DB wasn't around to fuss...

Well...........

I mean, he could eat really REALLY clean.

I do put celery in my morning Bloody Mary's.

You mean "breakfast"?

Pre-breakfast.

Breakfast has bourbon.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'd have to agree with ya there.

If the fine folks of Austin want to change it, let 'em. I think it's silly, but meh.

My only problem with this whole idiocy of removing statues, or books, or renaming town--did I miss anything?-- is some seem to think that this suddenly is going to alter future behavior.

Suddenly bigotry is going to be relegated to the history books, or something of the sort. Obviously, it won't.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If the fine folks of Austin want to change it, let 'em. I think it's silly, but meh.

Oh no DB looks like we got another book burner over here!
/sarc

But yeah I agree it's silly and in no way will it erase the past.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Off topic: Man I forgot all about austin city limits.

Used to love watching that when I was younger.
Is it even still on?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I've already said that people are free to be as f###ing stupid as they want to be.

Not sure what else you want.

Go burn a book if that's your thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How about the union designate one state as a safe place for the hurt people. Regular people can leave and all the offended people can go and create there safe place.

Why just one state? That's not fair. Last I checked there were 50 of them so there should be no less than 25 designated safe state places, and if the people in those states don't want to be safe, then they should be forced to be by law! And there should be stiff penalties like jail time enforced for people who think wrong in those safe states.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Please don't think I'm even remotely in favor of it. Because I'm not. I am, however, in favor of allowing the folks of Austin to decide it for themselves.

There's rather a bit of difference there.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would like you to apologias for saying such a terrible thing about me just because I hurt your feelings when I said meh to a city name change.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Cmone maen!

They dont (usually) literally burn books, they just reword all the "offensive" identities (man, white, etc) and then slap TRIGGER WARNING stickers on them so nobody bothers opening them.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Please don't think I'm even remotely in favor of it. Because I'm not. I am, however, in favor of allowing the folks of Austin to decide it for themselves.

Same here. I am not in favor of it but if it's what the people of austin end up doing..."shrug"

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I would like you to apologias for saying such a terrible thing about me just because I hurt your feelings when I said meh to a city name change.

Hold your breath.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Makes sense... until these zealots stick & move stick & move hatchetmen into key positions to get there, have the corporate media run a continuous proapganda campaign, and bully the rest into conformity.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

8( You really disappointed me today db.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

8( You really disappointed me today db.

You're on the wrong side of freedom today.

Come back tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Also why do I remember austin city limits having the capital building in the back ground??

And not just a pic but the actual building.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

At least freedom is the thing we both wont. Even if one of us (cough cough) might miss the train every now and again.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Porkchop?

I'm just not into book burning or censorship.

Maybe you are.

I don't really care.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They wont stop until those who disagree with this get between them and the levers of government. For statues this means on a local or state level. If you won't stand up they will bring them down and rename everything in your town for you. Enjoy your new Barack Obama Elementary school and sustainable development center.
edit on 29-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If some people feel that it is an over reaction to get bent out of shape over this, because it is just a name change, do you feel the same about those who are demanding the name be changed, and that they are over reacting.....you know, because it is just a name?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join