It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reee is always bigger in Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't do, nor do I condone such things.

But nether do I freak out when someone suggests a name change for a city.

You should change your name, its not gender neutral enough and comes off as too aggressive for some people.

Also someone in history had the same name, that did horrible things.

Please fix this issue

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They renamed schools outside of Portland because they were named "Lynch," after the man who donated the land to build the first school on.

Quote: The schools, part of the Centennial School District, were named for the Lynch family, which donated land over a century ago to build the first of the schools. But Centennial Superintendent Paul Coakley says many newer families coming into the district associate the name with America's violent racial history.

This is going way too far, imo.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Now if you're okay with this, then I'd have to surmise that you're okay with book burning, statue toppling.

You would be wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

I'm actually in Portland now.

I live nearby.

The "Reee" has always been strong in this city.

I remember that story.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

What's my name?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Where was your outrage when they changed the name from waterloo to austin.

Nobody seems to be too upset New Amsterdam had a name change. Or any of these other major cities in the US.

Just a little perspective to ponder.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Reasons.

Now that being said, every ####ing snowflake bitch has the right to change the name of any place to anything they want.

That's freedom.

Apparently we are as free as we reee to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray
They renamed schools outside of Portland because they were named "Lynch," after the man who donated the land to build the first school on.

Quote: The schools, part of the Centennial School District, were named for the Lynch family, which donated land over a century ago to build the first of the schools. But Centennial Superintendent Paul Coakley says many newer families coming into the district associate the name with America's violent racial history.

This is going way too far, imo.

Well by GOD! We better lock up Miz Hamhock Loretta right now! How the hell she ever get to be the AG with a last name of Lynch???????

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What's my name?

It doesnt matter, its offensive

(and yes thats how ridiculous this is)
edit on 29-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

That's what happens when the people from the People's Republic of California screw up their state so bad and states like Texas allow them to migrate like a plague of locusts to their state. RIP Texas.....

Piffle.

We've always had a crew of home-grown nuts here. If you're not from Texas, you've missed the secessionists, the "divide Texas into 5 states", the Branch Davidians (sound familiar?) and a bunch of other yahoos. While the parks will probably be renamed and some of the streets, renaming Austin would be a big fuss requiring an election... and it ain't gonna happen.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Reasons.

Now that being said, every ####ing snowflake bitch has the right to change the name of any place to anything they want.

That's freedom.

Apparently we are as free as we reee to be.

Well, ok then. You're free to keep reeing over name changes because freedom to ree then. I'm not losing any sleep over it personally.

link   

Wow I shurg my shoulders and say meh to a PETITION for a name change and you call me a book burning snowflake.

I thought you where better than that DB.....

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Wow I shurg my shoulders and say meh to a PETITION for a name change and you call me a book burning snowflake.

I thought you where better than that DB.....

I call it as I see it.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But our names are the same. You are offended by your own name?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Butt hole surfers is already taken so I don't know what would be approiate for a new name.

Cranial Rectal Inversionists?

link   

And I'm free to call every single asshole who wants to change a god-damned name because of history Reee.

See how that works?

Freedom.

link   

Looking at some of those names its obvious much if not most that what the first frontiersman type that showed up called them. When they where campsites sort of thing.

link   

I will try not to assume you are above such pettiness in the future. 8)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: seeker1963

That's what happens when the people from the People's Republic of California screw up their state so bad and states like Texas allow them to migrate like a plague of locusts to their state. RIP Texas.....

Piffle.

We've always had a crew of home-grown nuts here. If you're not from Texas, you've missed the secessionists, the "divide Texas into 5 states", the Branch Davidians (sound familiar?) and a bunch of other yahoos. While the parks will probably be renamed and some of the streets, renaming Austin would be a big fuss requiring an election... and it ain't gonna happen.

Every town has their nutz! Why import more?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And I'm free to call every single asshole who wants to change a god-damned name because of history Reee.

See how that works?

Freedom.

Does that apply to Utqiagvik, too?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join