It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hippocracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
alright, if i am to remember correctly, the us of a recently withdrew military aid from around 50 countries who refused to give US soldiers immunity to an international court or something. this is complete bullshyt! we've arrested people from foriegn countries for years, and now, other people can't arrest us if some soldier decides he's bored and shoots up some iraqi men, or rapes a japanese chick over in osaka, or other weird stuff. see why i'm tired of the us, we're blackmailing the world, to put it bluntly, into following our oh so great way of life. i hate it!

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross

alright, if i am to remember correctly, the us of a recently withdrew military aid from around 50 countries who refused to give US soldiers immunity to an international court or something. this is complete bullshyt! we've arrested people from foriegn countries for years, and now, other people can't arrest us if some soldier decides he's bored and shoots up some iraqi men, or rapes a japanese chick over in osaka, or other weird stuff. see why i'm tired of the us, we're blackmailing the world, to put it bluntly, into following our oh so great way of life. i hate it!

Uhh, not really. The world court ruling and our rejection of it does in no way give any u.s. citizen immunity from crimes committed in another land. This ruling would have people like Tommy Franks and soldiers in bosnia(covering the world's behind again with no thanks) up on charges.

If you want to usher in the NWO, be my guess. We have a country of laws already to guide us. I don't want a world court/judge/executioner in BFE ruling over our soldiers and citizens. If a crime is commited, do the time. but, the idea of a single , world body supplanting our constitution is crap.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
we shouldn't push other countries to give us immunity from war crimes like we are, it's wrong, there is no need for a world court. what's moral somewhere isn't moral somewhere else, and people try to push that on others.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
just a detail : "hippocracy" literally means "rule of the horses". What a bizarre vision!

But seriously, the US refusal of international jurisprudence shows at the very least that there must be a substantial account of war crimes or crimes against humanity trial opportunities against US citizens that they must really be afraid of.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Actually, submitting to an international tribunal is unconstitutional. But why on Earth would America want to do so anyhow? I see zero benefit in it.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Moku

I was going to make the same observation, except about hippopotamuses, or hippopotami.

Blackmail is just one tactic in the arsenal of weapons of mass deception available to the Bush administration.

Filthy, lying, cheating scumbags.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Filthy, lying, cheating scumbags.

Yeah. Clinton et al.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
We have a country of laws already to guide us. I don't want a **US** court/judge/executioner everywhere ruling over our soldiers and citizens. If a crime is commited, do the time. but, the idea of a single, US body supplanting our (Spanish, Belgian, put the country here) constitution is crap.

Yeah, I agree. Or not? Don't you see the plot here?

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu

Originally posted by Tyriffic
We have a country of laws already to guide us. I don't want a **US** court/judge/executioner everywhere ruling over our soldiers and citizens. If a crime is commited, do the time. but, the idea of a single, US body supplanting our (Spanish, Belgian, put the country here) constitution is crap.

Yeah, I agree. Or not? Don't you see the plot here?

I'll accept the edit............!

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
undoubtably, jurisdiction over all soldiers, world wide.

this is not a good idea, i don't think anybody like it, but it is barely heard about on cnn. i wonder why that is? if the US had the ability to arrest soldiers like that, then they could just as easily arrest them for fighting against the US when they've seen that this would happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
THE UNITED STATES ISS ALL POWERFULL AND THERE IS NOTHING SO FAR ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT FOR KNOW SO THEY MAKE THE WORLDS LAWS

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
this from the 1st language arabic 2nd language french, 3rd language english nuclear physiscist who can't explain what happens to uranuim 236 when placed in a microwave spinstock g 23?

top topics

join