It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the lost knoweldge that overthrows thousands of years of philosophy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes I am talking about the occult here. The occult gave rise to modern analytical philosophy in my opinion to control and dictate society in a left-brained form as it is easier to control that way. However true thinking and enlightenment comes when you see past this. Article describes in more detail.

culturaltransmissions.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
No it's Heidegger and Hermetic-ism aka philosophy 101...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It seems to me that all manner of thought seems to lead back to the same conclusions, even if in an abstract way, there is nothing new under the sun.

Eventually you will start noticing it.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
It seems to me that all manner of thought seems to lead back to the same conclusions, even if in an abstract way, there is nothing new under the sun.

Except that mankind isn't capable of true thought. Emotion clouds the psyche with obsession and the primitive preoccupation with violence.
It's a wonder we haven't destroyed our species. There's still time however.
edit on 29-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
No. While I do agree with their championing insight over science, the answer is no. A) there is no lost knowledge given, and b) it in no way disregards the thousands of years of philosophical enquiry.

While insight is always preferable, it is not always available, and it is most certainly not commandable. That is to say insight comes and goes as it chooses, and if we were to disregard reason entirely we would be naught more than fools who experience deep flashes of understanding, but do nothing with it.

Yes that's right- in order to Use insight, we need reason. Secondly, Philosophy and science are always available whereas insight is fickle. The best path is to use a blend of the two, because the advances afforded by science and philosophy afford a platform by which to ascend via insight.

Plus, the philosophers job is to investigate, not to question. He, along with the metaphysicist, seek to find answers and explanations to things which can Not be observed Except by thought. So, observing maxims about observable functions in reality, in no way refutes the lines of thought regarding things of an Ideal nature.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Except that mankind isn't capable of true thought. Emotion clouds the psyche with obsession and the primitive preoccupation with violence.

There are different types of logic and reasoning systems that are based on a fundamental set of rules (axioms) and deductive logic. Mathematics is one example. Deductive reasoning and temporal logic are branches of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wow, thanks for the thread describing what it is were going to be clicking on , on this mystery link.

No offense but personally I like to have explanation, perhaps some quotes from the article in the thread before willy nilly being directed to Chrome Hell.

Occult what? Which part of the Occult? What are the specifics of the article? What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: olaru12

There are different types of logic and reasoning systems that are based on a fundamental set of rules (axioms) and deductive logic. Mathematics is one example. Deductive reasoning and temporal logic are branches of this.

I'll see that deductive logic and raise you 1 quantum.

www.livescience.com...
edit on 29-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Way off topic but your avatar always makes me wonder if perpetual motion machine could only ever truly be built within a vacuum.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JOHNNEIL

These so called "principals" are amusing
I've seen them written down in a myriad of ways, but never seen them to be proven to actually be anything more than generalizations (so NOT principals).

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JOHNNEIL
Yes I am talking about the occult here. The occult gave rise to modern analytical philosophy in my opinion to control and dictate society in a left-brained form as it is easier to control that way. However true thinking and enlightenment comes when you see past this. Article describes in more detail.

culturaltransmissions.com...

FYI: not everyone will click a link, or can watch a video. It's your responsibility to provide snips or examples from said articles posted... So they can choose to or not.

For security and info on-topic, it's expected here. And make sure per Ts and Cs of ATS that you properly credit examples and follow rules abut quoting from other sites.

Sometimes, it's not allowed without doing so.

Best, MS

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JOHNNEIL

You might want to look into 'Scientism' and 'The Scientific Dictatorship'.

Luciferiansm- NWO Great Work and the Scientific Dictatorship- Paul and Phil Collins. The BEST interview on explaining what Luciferianism really is and the mind set of the ones who follow it- both knowingly and unknowingly. Are YOU a Luciferian without even knowing it? You might be surprised.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

When all is constant change? All that is left is the yoke of awareness.
Knowledge is passing a yoke.

Whether or not that passing; becomes: Mental or physical slavery? Depends on the speech involved. Volition or the cause and effect cycle of the individual and the entire mass; coupled with dependent origination... tries to marry awareness not ones own to another as a retainer called knowledge or tradition.

The neural "net" for instance... one "thought" becomes a wave form to the hive or mind(s) that can be aware of it occurring.

The goal since "time" immemorial... was knowing the flow is at first unawareness; then the yoke was distraction/knowledge/learning; then once one knows what they need to know of all of that flow? They apply their own yoke on body, speech then the mind actually presents "itself". The yoke of listening allows one to know... although, that is like an eves dropper which is about as bad as a peeping tom.

Meaning those too must be yoked... the internal not knowing the external? Makes such courses dangerous. The dream within the dream; the hive within the hive of the three worlds. Have the characteristics of not self; meaning other. Impermanence meaning change; and suffering due to both.

So giving up the ego means that first self was just a proxy; to the true self so a path must be regained from the cause and effect cycle for the origin of the dependent to return home or back to itself.

Think of an unwound yo yo... one flicks it out there for knowledge and yet it always returns; when used properly... and cannot ever be in another's grasp unless given.

Silence the body means to take a position in a state of rest, eventually; that will cause a halt to be noticed in the mental speech or echo of knowledge, halting body and speech? What is left is "mind"... as all one is then? Is awareness what it is aware of... depends on the yoke.

Grasping at knowledge means learning skillful qualities or means... however like animals? Such a thing is inborn; human convention however is not... that is the lines drawn or separation in the so called realms of being as a form of life.

Not knowing or concerned about it? Is that flow and yoked in various ways... I suggest focusing on which way one is yoked not only by self but other in the sense consciousnesses... five of them have their own place and so does the sixth. Rule all of them back to the "nothing" despite all the learning and knowledge that they were something. Then one experiences what is known as the unborn or unmade state or quality of being.

The delusional, hateful or greedy rarely get anywhere near such a state as they are already bound by the yoke of self and other. This is the idea of where a "brothers keeper" came from. If one cannot be responsible to life and form it is thought that another must be for them as a "conscience". So much so in this strangeness; that there is also subconsciousnesses and super consciousnesses etc. instead of just awareness of whatever it is you are yoked to in awareness of body, speech, and mind.

Not yoked means free and yet someone still wants that "yo-yo"... so one has to say it ceased to exist until mentioned. So they had it. No longer having it? Go bother them for it.

new topics

top topics

join