It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trump Anxiety Disorder"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: seeker1963
It's sad that we have to live like this though, isn't it?

I've done little more than ask "why are we having to live like this" on a regular basis. I should not have to consider open or CCW. I should not, until I can afford a proper gun I can handle, consider a can of bear repellent pepper spray to protect myself or mine. I should not have to wonder if I can kill to keep us from being killed. I should not have to carry a knife on me, except to open packaging or deal with those plastic things holding tags on plush toys. I should not have to fear for my life in public places.

*shakes head*

Get yourself a shotgun for home protection. If you aren't going to use it for hunting, buy a few boxes of double ought buckshot and a few boxes of slugs. First round in the chamber, the buck shot, then a slug etc etc

I don't carry in public but keep a knife on me.

I don't think of myself of being a victim of a violent society therefore I don't think of it as you do. We have a right to protect ourselves. Hell if it came down to it, I would use my teeth to rip out a mans throat if it came to my life or his. No matter how society tries to claim we are enlightened, we are not! We are born with the same primal instincts our ancient ancestors were. Embrace them.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: wylekat

You slept? I'd buy them off you, the last time I slept was last week. I never sleep more than 2 hrs at a time

Apparently that's quite a common symptom of TDD (Trump delusional disorder).

You should probably get yourself checked out mate...

Fan of Sarah Hanson-Young are ya mate?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd be lying if I said wasnt a bit more concerned and anxious about the future of the country in what im seeing lately from both Trump supports and non supporters. I know theres been a lot of added stress in my family over divisions that started..even before this election (tbh around the time I started seeing much more garbage news sources coming to light and the rise of social medias), but really exploded over this current election.

This isnt exclusively a one sided problem. I remember I went to a private school. Heavily right wing..I will never forget the day after Obama was elected. There were parents coming into the school to the history teacher (who was one of the more popular people there) physically crying because of the election results.
edit on 29-7-2018 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
I'd be lying if I said wasnt a bit more concerned and anxious about the future of the country in what im seeing lately from both Trump supports and non supporters. I know theres been a lot of added stress in my family over divisions that started..even before this election (tbh around the time I started seeing much more garbage news sources coming to light and the rise of social medias), but really exploded over this current election.

This isnt exclusively a one sided problem. I remember I went to a private school. Heavily right wing..I will never forget the day after Obama was elected. There were parents coming into the school to the history teacher (who was one of the more popular people there) physically crying because of the election results.

BS!

Why would a parent come to school to cry to a history teacher?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: wylekat

You slept? I'd buy them off you, the last time I slept was last week. I never sleep more than 2 hrs at a time

Apparently that's quite a common symptom of TDD (Trump delusional disorder).

You should probably get yourself checked out mate...

I don't sleep well either, both from problems stated above and general digestive idiocy. I'm recovering from stupid gluten intolerance. I now shed a tear when dinner rolls are passed around. :/

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is interesting:

From Trump's detractors, LaMotte has been struck by how much their anxieties resemble those of patients raised by a parent with a personality disorder — someone who would display traits like "grandiosity, excessive attention-seeking and severe lack of empathy."

"Whether it's conscious or not, I think we look to the president of the United States as a psychological parent," she said.

That seems like the crux of it all. People have held the office of the presidency to too high a standard, like a father, or maybe a king, rather than a job title. The mythologizing of leaders hasn’t ended.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, I think the key to solving it all is lots and lots of Trumpy Bears.

On a side note, only place I have seen politics openly discussed in public was at a local gun shop. Good conversation and no one became upset over other people’s opinions. Of course it helped tremendously that everyone agreed to various degrees.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't think of myself of being a victim of a violent society therefore I don't think of it as you do.

I am unsure if I think of myself as that, or what. I'm honestly confused.

I feel safe at home and in the neighborhood. Worst I have had aside from drunks weaving thru the streets at night was encounters with deer. This morning's was extremely close for one. 12 feet away. Didn't move until I reached for my phone for a pic.

I admit to being a smartass and addressing her "hello, dear".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I've done little more than ask "why are we having to live like this" on a regular basis. I should not have to consider open or CCW. I should not, until I can afford a proper gun I can handle, consider a can of bear repellent pepper spray to protect myself or mine. I should not have to wonder if I can kill to keep us from being killed. I should not have to carry a knife on me, except to open packaging or deal with those plastic things holding tags on plush toys. I should not have to fear for my life in public places.

*shakes head*

Get yourself a shotgun for home protection. If you aren't going to use it for hunting, buy a few boxes of double ought buckshot and a few boxes of slugs. First round in the chamber, the buck shot, then a slug etc etc

I don't think of myself of being a victim of a violent society therefore I don't think of it as you do. We have a right to protect ourselves. Hell if it came down to it, I would use my teeth to rip out a mans throat if it came to my life or his. No matter how society tries to claim we are enlightened, we are not! We are born with the same primal instincts our ancient ancestors were. Embrace them.

What's the rationale behind alternating buckshot and slugs? I keep buckshot in there for home defense and slugs on the stock sleeve in case I need to go outside and take down a bear or something. In the house I want shot, otherwise you might as well just have a handgun, much more wieldy in close quarters than a shotty.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Don't worry about civil war this is about FREE STUFF. Disability $$$$$$$$

Now that wasn't a surprise was it really

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

*shakes head*

What's the rationale behind alternating buckshot and slugs? I keep buckshot in there for home defense and slugs on the stock sleeve in case I need to go outside and take down a bear or something. In the house I want shot, otherwise you might as well just have a handgun, much more wieldy in close quarters than a shotty.

I keep buckshot as my first load in case I get woke up quickly and am disoriented. Just point in the general direction and shoot so to speak. The slug is for the take down when I get oriented.

If you enter my home without my permission, you might as well be a bear?
edit on 29-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

*shakes head*

I keep buckshot as my first load in case I get woke up quickly and am disoriented. Just point in the general direction and shoot so to speak. The slug is for the take down when I get oriented.

At the distances you're talking about inside your home you're hardly going to get any spread with buckshot. "Point in the general direction" with a shotgun is for the movies.

And the reason I'm not using slugs in my home is because slugs in a shotgun essentially makes it a rifle. I'm not trying to put rounds through anybody inside my home.
edit on 29 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

*shakes head*

At the distances you're talking about inside your home you're hardly going to get any spread with buckshot. "Point in the general direction" with a shotgun is for the movies.

And the reason I'm not using slugs in my home is because slugs in a shotgun essentially makes it a rifle. I'm not trying to put rounds through anybody inside my home.

How is using a hand gun any different? Tell ya what, I'll take my set up and you can have yours! Deal? When I said take down, I meant kill shot! Break into my home, your dead! When I call the cops, I will tell em to wake up the coroner...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Take up a hobby, disconnect from social media and the echo-chamber cable news. Then do some independent thinking. Does wonders to cure disorders like this.

**There are at least a dozen or so posters on ATS who could benefit from the above advice.**

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

"Point in the general direction" with a shotgun is for the movies.

And us good old Southern folk.
Taught from the time we could walk and eat cornbread.
Why do you think a shotgun only has a bead (except for the ones that those silly fancy city folks use) to sight with ?
We just point and squeeze .

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

*shakes head*

How is using a hand gun any different? Tell ya what, I'll take my set up and you can have yours! Deal? When I said take down, I meant kill shot! Break into my home, your dead! When I call the cops, I will tell em to wake up the coroner...

A handgun is a lot shorter? That makes it easier to maneuver around with in tight quarters, like inside a home. Shotguns make a great home defense weapon, they're underrated in my opinion, I'm just saying slugs kinda defeat the purpose. As long as you're basically just firing a bullet, might as well fire it out of something that's shorter that you can draw quicker and carry with one hand.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

*shakes head*

A handgun is a lot shorter? That makes it easier to maneuver around with in tight quarters, like inside a home. Shotguns make a great home defense weapon, they're underrated in my opinion, I'm just saying slugs kinda defeat the purpose. As long as you're basically just firing a bullet, might as well fire it out of something that's shorter that you can draw quicker and carry with one hand.

Defend yourself the way YOU want to! I will defend myself the way I WANT to. MMMMkay? It's stupid arguing about something so preferential, don't ya think?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: face23785

"Point in the general direction" with a shotgun is for the movies.

And us good old Southern folk.
Taught from the time we could walk and eat cornbread.
Why do you think a shotgun only has a bead (except for the ones that those silly fancy city folks use) to sight with ?
We just point and squeeze .

Good luck with that.

Here's some pattern sizes with different loads of buckshot at 12 feet, the kind of distances you might see inside your home when shooting at an intruder. They're very small. Just aiming in the general direction with a shotgun isn't good enough outside of Hollywood. The reason most of them just have a bead is because most people just use them for hunting, and at the distances you're normally shooting at birds, you get significantly more pattern spread. 2 different applications here bud. At the distances you're gonna be shooting inside your home, you need to aim just like you would with a bullet.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

*shakes head*

Defend yourself the way YOU want to! I will defend myself the way I WANT to. MMMMkay? It's stupid arguing about something so preferential, don't ya think?

Yeah, you're right, my bad for wanting people to consider little things like the safety of other people in the house. I'll just mind my own business and hope I'm not next door when you fire a slug through the wall.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't see the point of a slug in a home defense shotgun. You're not gonna shoot the intruder at a 100 + yards.

If you hit an intruder with 00 Buck center mass and he doesn't go down they are not human or have body armor.

Also with penetration and distance, the projectile is lethal at its dangerous not only to those in your house but your neighbors as well. A shotgun slug can kill from well over a 100 yards.

Defend yourself however you want but don't forget even in a self-defense situation you are 100% responsible for where that projectile ends up.

edit on 29-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join