It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trump Anxiety Disorder"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Appears we may have an official name though I would dare to call it "Abusive Media Induced Anxiety" as the "non-stop" daily insanity that our media is intentionally causing. People from all walks of life are experiencing issues that they have to go see a therapist.

Just crazy.

www.cbc.ca...

What's been called "Trump Anxiety Disorder" has been on the rise in the months following the election, according to mental-health professionals from across the country who report unusually high levels of politics-related stress in their practices.

And it's maybe not surprising given the relentlessly negative headlines and politically divisive climate.

The symptoms:

In a 2017 essay for a book co-edited by psychiatrists from Harvard Medical School and the Yale School of Medicine, clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning of Evanston, Ill., called the condition "Trump Anxiety Disorder," distinguishing it from a generalized anxiety disorder because "symptoms were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate."

Though not an official diagnosis, the symptoms include feeling a loss of control and helplessness, and fretting about what's happening in the country and spending excessive time on social media, she said.

(Trump and his supporters, for their part, have their own term for a malady they see as afflicting only reactionary, anti-Trump progressives: "Trump Derangement Syndrome.")

And it is not just Democrats who are having issues:

"It reminds me of how I felt after 9/11," said Gale, 38, referencing the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the U.S., a time when she felt "fear of the unknown and unfamiliar."

"It scared the crap out of me. Now I'm scared of getting pounced on by somebody who doesn't like me because of Trump, just online."

Gale said she once got so drawn into the "vitriol" from liberal critics online that she had an anxiety attack.

Especially "disheartening" to Gale was being labelled a "racist" and "fascist" for supporting the president's policies.

Therapists around the country told CBC they're seeing politically tinged anger and anxiety from patients no matter their political affiliation.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Acceptance is the first step. Y'all can do it!!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have been attacked 3 times in a year, and twice in a weekend. I do NOT air my political views one tiny bit. (Not in public. I don't try to interact with people on that level. ) I know people will scoff, but in all 3 cases, all I was doing was simply existing in the same space as the lunatic who wanted to end me. I've been completely at a loss, but this sounds like people are cracking at an increasing rate. I've noticed racial tensions as well, and (I certainly wonder about this) may have stopped a racially motivated attack at the local bus station some months back. 2 weirdos filming buses and people, trying to be sneaky, and failing miserably.

Since he took office, things have gone strange.
edit on 29-7-2018 by wylekat because: Left out a thing

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Anyone who supports our country and Constitution should just start preparing for the inevitable rather than dealing with anxiety.

Having a therapist tell you things will all be okay when we can see the nudge from the MSM/propaganda outlets to promote a revolution is only serving Big Pharm and those wanting the destruction of our nations sovereignty.

Why is it we all know how our Deep state promotes revolts and revolutions in other nations, yet be dumb enough to say they wouldn't do it to us?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm prepping for civil war on my front. I am stocking up on as much ammo and water/MREs as I can. All is left to do is teach my boys/wife how to shoot and survive if I am not there for "other reasons" when the SHTF and martial law is enacted.
edit on 29-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Having a therapist tell you things will all be okay

I have a mountain of non political BS to shovel every week. It was suggested I see a therapist... but being told 'it'll be ok' is almost like hearing "I'll pray for you!" while you're drowning.

I don't need comforting words. I NEED REAL HELP AND RESULTS, DAMMIT.

Also, as an observer, I have noticed the nearly screaming, hysterical headlines and posts from *both* sides. With both sides, they are doomed due to the horrible underhandedness of the opposing group. I can honestly equate it to sports, or even WWF wrestling. But- at least with wrestling, they don't solicit emails asking for your financial support, so they can... "win". They at least earn their cash the old fashioned way.

With the sheer amount of hysteria and keeping people right at the edge of absolute insanity- yeah. They are going to pull something nasty.
edit on 29-7-2018 by wylekat because: More stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I'm prepping for civil war on my front. I am stocking up on as much ammo and water/MREs as I can. All is left to do is teach my boys/wife how to shoot and survive if I am not there for "other reasons" when the SHTF and martial law is enacted.

I really don't think a civil war is coming, but if it does it'll be the shortest one in history.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

People from all walks of life are experiencing issues that they have to go see a therapist.

I can honestly say I'm glad i've never had to go see the rapist.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Better get busy! If the Progs don't succeed in this upcoming election you can bank on it that the MSM will whip these brain dead zombies into a violent, frothing, hot mess......By brain dead zombies, I am speaking of those who think it is ok to become violent because someone thinks differently than they do.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

You'd probably get more results from the rapist. I've been to a few. It's like talking to a wall.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I am speaking of those who think it is ok to become violent because someone thinks differently than they do.

It may not even get to that point. Just walk down the street and sneeze wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ATS is my therapist.

link   
a reply to: wylekat

If that's the case, I'd rather talk to my own wall, it's free and it doesnt talk # to me when I disagree with it.

link   
a reply to: Annee

lol

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I remember last week Judge Jeanine called Whoopi Goldberg on her Trump derangement syndrome, and right on cue, Whoopi gave the world an example of extreme Trump derangement syndrome. It seems this Trump anxiety disorder also causes a complete loss of rational and cognitive function in it's victims.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I used to see a therapist. She was great. In that she trusted me enough to be honest with me without worrying I would get her in trouble.

She flat out told me that the reason so many people need therapy on a continual basis is that she had to remain PC! She couldn't come right out and say to a patient that, "Well isn't the reason your thinking this way because you refuse to think a different way?". That was a very watered down version of what she meant. She was basically saying that she had to pander to and baby the patient, so as not to offend them. It was about the money, not about shaking the person up with a truth bomb to make them think in a manner of becoming stronger and independent of the psychiatric industry.

Look at how many people are on SSRI's and anti depressants now a days and tell me who is making bank on this scam. Trump is a BOOM to the shrink/Big Pharm industry. Not his fault either, for those who can think it goes back to our educational system and piss poor parenting.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It doesn't prescribe ridiculous pills that screw you over and cost a fortune, either. A previous *doctor* gave me pills for seizures (medical doc)- not only did it do nothing it was supposed to, and I slept like the love child of Sleeping beauty and Rip van Winkle- my first question was "will it work?" I kid you not- his answer was "I have no idea!". Great. This crap could poison me, make me walk into traffic, and you don't have a clue.

The mind altering stuff has its own horror stories and do not need me adding to them.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I remember last week Judge Jeanine called Whoopi Goldberg on her Trump derangement syndrome, and right on cue, Whoopi gave the world an example of extreme Trump derangement syndrome. It seems this Trump anxiety disorder also causes a complete loss of rational and cognitive function in it's victims.

Great Truth Bomb by the Judge!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I am speaking of those who think it is ok to become violent because someone thinks differently than they do.

It may not even get to that point. Just walk down the street and sneeze wrong.

Imagine the fallout if you had Tourette syndrome and found yourself blurting out "MAGA" "MAGA" in the wrong place..

@seeker1963
I couldn't believe Whoopi fell right into that one so easily, but it shows the power that Trump derangement syndrome invokes upon it's willing victims.

edit on 29-7-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"It reminds me of how I felt after 9/11," said Gale, 38, referencing the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the U.S., a time when she felt "fear of the unknown and unfamiliar."

Well they went full retard.

9-11 comparable to Trump winning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join