It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mans Sky Next , Any Travelers Still Out There ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The No Mans Sky Next update has landed and I thought it would be rude not to check it out , I decided to start a new save as its been about a year since I last played the game and so far , in the few hours I've put in , I'm more than happy with the work Sean and the team have done , credit to them for not taking the money and running.

I started on an inhospitable planet so survival was the name of the game , found my ship , fixed my ship and high tailed it out of there , now on a beautiful planet with nice friendly creatures and a temperate climate and rain that doesn't kill you , it's paradise I think I'll build my base there.

I think No Mans Sky Next is now the game I expected over a year ago and am now looking forward to spending many more hours exploring the Universe.

Any Travelers Still Out There ?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wish! I was so excited about the update but when I popped the disc to install it again, it suddenly won't read!

So bummed. Everything I hear about NEXT is awesome.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The No Mans Sky Next update has landed and I thought it would be rude not to check it out , I decided to start a new save as its been about a year since I last played the game and so far , in the few hours I've put in , I'm more than happy with the work Sean and the team have done , credit to them for not taking the money and running.

I started on an inhospitable planet so survival was the name of the game , found my ship , fixed my ship and high tailed it out of there , now on a beautiful planet with nice friendly creatures and a temperate climate and rain that doesn't kill you , it's paradise I think I'll build my base there.

I think No Mans Sky Next is now the game I expected over a year ago and am now looking forward to spending many more hours exploring the Universe.

Any Travelers Still Out There ?

Been waiting for the update.. will probably get it (not for me of course
) for the xbox.
When you said 'Travelers' I thought for one minute you meant the game Traveller... ah, those were the days.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That is a bummer , I've had it happen to me with Oblivion , one of the benefits of digital distribution is that's no longer a problem.
If it's any use to you it's on sale on Steam.

a reply to: UKTruth

It's well worth a revisit mate , I don't think it will win many converts but if you're in to the concept the game now delivers what was promised .... with multiplayer !

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have put a few hours in since the update and I gotta admit I'm really enjoying it. More so than when I originally played. It's hard to recreate that first experience of flying off your first planet. But I still find myself stopping to enjoy the scenery often.

Almost every aspect of the game has been improved on from what I can tell . From the flight mechanics to crafting to combat, and I do believe there is an actual story this time. Wasn't sure if I'd ever journey back to NMS after the disappointment of reaching the center of the galaxy only to realize it was more akin to a dream sequence than anything.

But they did it.
I'm officially hooked... again.
Hopefully this time for more than a few months.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Yep more of everything ,it does look stunning at times the graphics have definately been worked on , some of the creatures are as bonkers as ever which is always good for a smile.
Looking forward to seeing what else is in the works.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I keep telling myself I need to go back, and I occasionally do. I just like naming things to make my mark.

I haven't stopped by in a long while because I've been doing other things, but I will get back it sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I have her all loaded up and ready to go after deleting it soon after it first came out. Just having too much fun playing Empyrion Galactic Survival at the moment to jump back in. It does look much better and more fun to play than the original cut! I watched a few Ytubers and that's why I filled up the ole hard drive to damn near max to check it out again.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I bought it when I saw it on sale on Steam, but the FPS was way too low to be playable. I couldn't get it to work, so I had to refund it.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yeah I started up again on PS4, picked up right where I left off but it did delete my spare ship. Other then that I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. Built a new starter base on a nice planet and I’m using my large freighter as my main storage. They defiantly worked on the visuals and I found a crazy looking planet that I had never seen anything like before so I think they added some things to that system as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I play but haven't heard of this new update?

What got added?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hubby has been playing this and today started playing with update, in his surprice everyting has changed, he played who knows how many hours before update ( extremely many) and he had a lot of stuff in his cargo ship in storage and he can´t find those anymore... also all items names has changed too.. so he played it again today multiple hours and not sure if he found his lost storage or not...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This explains the changes better that I could , much has changed.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

They could start by giving back 50% of what people payed on release
And offer them the last 50% if they do not want to get rid of the game despite this update

Because they lied about a lot of the things they promised.

They released a unfinished game, something need to be done to prevent something like this in the future

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

They released a unfinished game, something need to be done to prevent something like this in the future

They're not the first and they won't be the last but at least they stayed the course and delivered what they promised.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

They could start by giving back 50% of what people payed on release
And offer them the last 50% if they do not want to get rid of the game despite this update

Because they lied about a lot of the things they promised.

Did you buy it day one?

The something that needs to be done is people need to quit preordering games. Refuse to buy season passes for content that should have been included Day one. Refuse to buy piecemeal dlc which should be part of the game.

But NOOOOO...

People feel the need to be first. To YouTube their un boxing of a game...

I just bought the complete Witcher 3 for $20. Sure, it's been out a few years, but I'm having a great time.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If anyone happens to come across this ship on their travels it's worth 200 million units plus bonuses if you contact the pilot who lost it and give him the coordinates.

“I want it back and am actively searching for something that looks like it,” they say later in the post. “But I can only visit so many stars in a day. If other people are keeping an eye out for it, it increases the chances of it being found.

“And it doesn’t have to be exactly the same. I’m okay with some variation. As long as it has the downwards pointing cockpit, long tail, and blade wings while being black yellow and white then I am fine with it.”
www.rockpapershotgun.com...

If you find it cut me in for 10% for letting you know.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
PC player here, i've been playing off and on since it launched. didn't realize the NEXT was out already, gonna have to go take a look at it when I get home.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I am loving the update, The game feels so much more 'lived in', flora and fauna are better looking and varied along with the planets, The graphics have had a big boost,
It really has turned into a wonderful game.
Has kept me playing till 2-3am everyday this week!
Who needs sleep anyway..

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I can't wait to give it another crack-I did enjoy it for a couple of weeks when it first came out,but it was flawed and didnt hold my interest for long.
It does look better in that yt vid.
Could be just what i need to escape from the hell of my job-I was playing doom but that was too similar to my job(nightmare metal manufacturing factory,but without the demons and not quite as much gore).

Thanks for the heads up,I didnt even know there was an update!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join