It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Jr could be charged with perjury over Trump tower meetintg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is speculative, but very important. They are saying that Cohen's assertion that Trump knew about the meeting means that it's likely that Trump JR spoke with his Dad about it, and then told investigators that they never discussed it. I don't know how likely this is to happen, but I think that the Donald would probably rather see his son go to trial than give up the Presidency. Either way, this is likely to come up at some point either sooner or later.

www.cnn.com...

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Hmmm, must be a glitch in the matrix.........

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Unless someone else attests to this or Cohen produces a recording of the meeting it all comes down to he said/he said.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hate attestments, yug!

As for the post, trump haters, get a # life.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is speculative, but very important. They are saying that Cohen's assertion that Trump knew about the meeting means that it's likely that Trump JR spoke with his Dad about it, and then told investigators that they never discussed it. I don't know how likely this is to happen, but I think that the Donald would probably rather see his son go to trial than give up the Presidency. Either way, this is likely to come up at some point either sooner or later.

www.cnn.com...

Correct!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'm no judicial expert but don't you need to make false statements in a court of law before one can make claims of perjury?

If you lie in the courtroom, that is perjury unless evidence proves otherwise, but anything before that is pure conjecture. I may be wrong but I don't recall Trump Jr lying under oath.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Lying to investigators is a crime.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I said before, trumps twitter feed, is FULL of incriminating tweets...Muller is just now going over them. Who on Gods green earth beleives trump did not know about the meeting...Guess what, no free pass for trump. He has used them all up.. A

Also, the economy trump brags about, is growing the same pace as in 2014 when OBAMA was POTUS.....#NOTFAKENEWS

Where was all the praise for Obama in 2014, from those of you who said he was the worst POTUS ever?

edit on 29-7-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Only if you are right of center.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hmmm, must be a glitch in the matrix.........

the glitch is that Cohen is no longer on trump's payroll.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why is there a photo of Don Jr if that's Michael Cohen's tweet?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think this story is still unfolding and it will continue to unfold slowly, I don't think we know the full details of what happened yet so we can't really call for him to be facing perjury charges. That said however, I think its entirely possible that he could find himself up in front of a jury. Actually now that I come to think about it, I think when this is all over with quite a few people could find themselves up in court explaining themselves.

Like I said though, I think we need to wait until we know more about what has happened and let the investigations reach their final conclusions before we start speculating about the consequences those involved will face.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Because anyone believes that they had this meeting and trump didn't know about it...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

No. He was under oath talking to congress. Plus he lied to the FBI too. Which as Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos know...is a big no no.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Does Trump Jr. have money?

Not guilty.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

If he has money who cares?

If Trump Jr. gave you money you'd change sides faster than I could spell Asshole. And you know it.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yes he could be charged with that.

Or more.......

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why is there a photo of Don Jr if that's Michael Cohen's tweet?

Because Cohen chose to include it.

Not obvious enough...Oh, Right...but Hillary/Hillary supporters are mental giants....

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

No. He was under oath talking to congress. Plus he lied to the FBI too. Which as Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos know...is a big no no.

...but when Hillary lies about having classified emails on her home brew server, that's OK....

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

You missed the point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join