It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration wants to roll back the Endangered Species Act

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Rolling back a meddling bureaucracy is a good thing. It doesn’t give licence to individuals to start harming endangered species, it simply deregulates and takes power from those with the monopoly on violence and gives it to the people.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And in its place, I think he should ban wind turbines. Think about all those poor birds killed each year, because some yahoo placed a turbine in its migration path.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And in its place, I think he should ban wind turbines. Think about all those poor birds killed each year, because some yahoo placed a turbine in its migration path.

And so goes the pretzel logic.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Watching environmentalists and animal rights activists debate makes up for canceling NFL Sunday Ticket.
edit on 29-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Watching environmentalists and animal rights activists debate makes up for canceling NFL Sunday Ticket.

abcbirds.org...

here yuns go if ya can catch

also them squirrels are getting killed by power lines
edit on 29-7-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Your are not thinking much...

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!

Wrong. Please stop trying to read my mind. You're no good at it.

I pointed out that someone ready to have folks to kill animals for money is in no way all for conservation.

The two ideas are counter productive as we are currently seeing.

Are cows going extinct? Are pigs endangered? What about the poor chickens?

How come there are more deer on my place than there was when I was young? People hunt deer here.

Reality... it's what's for dinner.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Bambi!

Rudolf!

Say it aint so!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Are cows going extinct? Are pigs endangered? What about the poor chickens?

Lucky them. The animals that there are the most of are the ones that live in factory farms, are slaughtered industrially, to be turned into things pre-packaged meats, baseball gloves, rawhide, wallets, shoes, pork rinds, etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    Has a very shiny nose
    And if you ever seen it
    You might even say it glows.

All of the local hunters
    Always tried to gun him down.
    They never let poor Rudolph
    Anywhere close to town.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
    Santa came to say,
    "Hey, Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

That's how the hunters got him -
    Shot him right out of the sky.
    But don't blame them; blame Santa.
    He's the one who taught him how to fly!

The next day at Christmas feast
    The table was all spread
    With deer ribs, deer steak, and deer roast,
    And on the wall was Rudolph's head!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    Has a very shiny nose
    'Cause Billy-Joe-Bob keeps it polished
    Every day with Mop-n-Glo!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You really should get out more. That happens, but not to the degree some 'news' channels would want you to believe. 3/4 mile from me there is a ranch with a few thousand head of mostly Angus cattle. They wander across a few hundred acres of fenced in pasture and seem to have a pretty good life. They actually migrate from one area to another week to week.

My chickens are free-range. So are the neighbors'. The chicken house that used to be in the next farm down wasn't free-range, but it wasn't what you see on TV either.

Pigs, yeah, they don't take up a lot of space with them... mainly because if they let them roam too far they'll turn feral. They do have plenty of room to walk around, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You're not a redneck you're a baseball glove!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I was going to said cub scouts but you obviously don't have respect for animals!

Or children.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Willtell
I was going to said cub scouts but you obviously don't have respect for animals!

Or children.

Got you there didn't I buddy!

I know you didn't mean that post...

Masons love animals, just look at all those moose and Elk heads in the lodges

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What do cows, pigs, chickens, or even your local deer have to do with Endangered Species?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
Because a handful of #ing turtles that are only endangered because they are the only one with a certain shade of brown on the continent, or a specific shape of shell. Or a bird that has certain feathers and dances. I believe we should limit the endangered species back into endangered family act.

If there are still going to be turtles, than why hold up a multi billion dollar infrastructure project producing thousands of jobs with a huge economic benefit over one type of brown?? Just move all the turtles they find furing construction to zoos or another part of the state. Animals can #ing adapt. They can go somewhere else. Let people like PETA simply volunteer to relocate as many of the animal they are worried about to some sanctuary or another forest/lake.

How is that for a compromise???

I just think if owls in general are still all over the world, it does not seem reasonable if one that only lives in a place would deprive our people of the rewards of industry and finance.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What do cows, pigs, chickens, or even your local deer have to do with Endangered Species?

Simple... they're not endangered. Cows, pigs, chicken, and deer have a status we want to give to lions, tigers, whales, etc. If one wishes to achieve a goal, one is wise to observe how that goal has been reached by others.

Or... you could just go off half-cocked and hope for the best... which rarely happens...

The way we try to protect endangered species is one of those half-cocked schemes. Incidentally, elephants will be the next ones on that list; we decided it was too mean to let them perform in circuses, so we removed their value.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The entire State of Florida should be covered over with concrete and sewers, with oil drilling platforms dotting the entire horizon, globs of oil tar littering the sand in all of the beaches (all of that save for a few state parks), going by some of your posts I've noted. Not to mention the entire world declaring war on US for being militaristic tyrannical imperialists (war being the only thing worse for the environment besides poverty & industrialists).

That you've made a coral reef your profile material makes you quite the 'enigma'!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That "goal", LOL, they "achieved" via slavery.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

Simple... they're not endangered. Cows, pigs, chicken, and deer have a status we want to give to lions, tigers, whales, etc. If one wishes to achieve a goal, one is wise to observe how that goal has been reached by others.

Or... you could just go off half-cocked and hope for the best... which rarely happens...

The way we try to protect endangered species is one of those half-cocked schemes. Incidentally, elephants will be the next ones on that list; we decided it was too mean to let them perform in circuses, so we removed their value.

TheRedneck

I try to understand your thinking.

But, you seem to be kinda rambling on this subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are we trying for animals' right to freedom now? You do realize there's a reason they are called 'animals'?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join