It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration wants to roll back the Endangered Species Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If yall really wanted to protect da animals.

Deurbanize,Desuburbanize.

Back to your Trump bash.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Meh, who needs Sea Turtles, humpback whales and manatee's anyway?

If Trump and friends can make buck off them, then who are we to deny them those dollars?

Or if it makes them feel like a "big man hunter" for a few fleeting seconds, maybe it will help to make their daddies love them.

You think?
edit on 7/29/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hmm. What does George say about this?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The sooner this man is out of office the better. Its not 1980 anymore! November, we need to get those 22 seats. Mike Medved, is tripping out over the possibility of us getting those seats.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The sooner this man is out of office the better.

Right!

Then yall can get back to huntin bankers,ceo's,rich people,nazi's, and law abiding gun owners!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Like you havent longed for when we can finally eat penguins and baby seals. As if!
edit on 29-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

regular gun toting Republicans either won't care or will join the party

I don't know about that.

Republican gun advocates are usually hunters as well. And the last thing us hunters want is for our hunter areas to get destroyed.

This is a tough one for me.
On one hand I am all about business rights and the government having less power over what people can and can't do.

On the other hand I love the forest and the wildlife that exists on this earth.

I don't like the government telling me what I can do on my own land.
But I also don't want to see a bunch of animals that the ecosystem needs become extinct purely for the sake of making more money.

In the end if humanity is dumb enough to # up our environment to the point that we can't live on earth anymore...well then we deserve what we get.

At least we were truly free while we did exists here.

Do you want to be a prisoner on earth but have a great view of nature or do you want to be free to do as you please even if it might destroy that beauty.

I think we need more information about what the trump administration is proposing here. That cnn article is sorely lacking in info. But this part doesn't sound bad to me.

The changes could end the practice of automatically providing future "threatened" species with the same protections endangered species receive, with new protections for threatened plants and animals instead determined by "the species' individual conservation needs."

This sounds like it could be abused, especially if the "officials" are in the pocket of corporations.

And if implemented, the proposed changes would also allow officials to consider the economic impact of protecting a species when enforcing the ESA.

Does anyone have any greater details about what the trump people specifically want to do?
edit on 29-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like some of Trump policies. This aint one. Someone start a petition and DO something maybe.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
By all rights.

The Bald Eagle is a pretty sad national symbol, and it needs protecting!

The bald eagle is an opportunistic feederwhich subsists mainly on fish, which it swoops down and snatches from the water with its talons. I

en.wikipedia.org...

God bless Murica!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I was part of a team that was caught between those who wanted to preserve the nesting grounds for Atlantic sea turtles (and some other bird — sorry, the species name escapes me atm) and the ‘locals’ and ATV enthusiasts who wanted unfettered access to the 12 or so miles of beach access north of Cape Hatteras...it was quite the experience.

The lawsuit filed by the ‘environmentalists’ was done so using the ESA...point being: it takes a LONG time for these restrictions (for lack of a better term) to be removed if those who oppose it have solid lawyers (think: EDF).

I spent 7-8 years determining economic impacts of environmental regs...outside of the Bush ethanol mandate, the ESA has one of the lowest cost-benefit ratios. I don’t believe the ESA is going anywhere, anytime soon, but it could use some 21st century perspective(s). My $0.02.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Who cares about life?

Business! Money! America!

Lmao.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

The world is one big FEMA camp.

No need for walls and armed guards when people carry around devices that report and record there every move and conversation.

Such is the prison of our own creation really.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What a bunch of flipping duck heads.
We should hunt them down like the evil dogs that they are.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Then yall can get back to huntin bankers,ceo's,rich people,nazi's, and law abiding gun owners!

Sounds good to me! CEO's and other rich people are the biggest danger to the planet and freedom, or at least prosperity for normal people.
edit on 29-7-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Politicians like to talk about the trickle down effect

Yeah. What trickles down comes out of their pants leg and lands on the heads of those of use wedged under the leather Italian dress shoes.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

November, we need to get those 22 seats.

I'll bet real money barely anything budges. If anything changes radically, and for the better- I'll die of shock at this point.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The sooner this man is out of office the better.

Right!

The law abiding gun owners should help hunting bankers, rich people, CEOs, etc. The insanely rich are the reason we're all SOL and covered in sewage.

And, having had a brush with a NON law abiding gun owner- they're extremely dangerous. If I ever get resources, I'm joining the ranks of the law abiding bunch as an open carry type. I've... seen and experienced things I just shouldn't. If I were a criminal, or a brawling SOB, YES. But- I am not.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's awesome how they post pictures and stories of animals that everyone will recognize and sympathize for, as if those are the animals that are specifically being targeted.

They aren't.

Looking at the actual wording from the actual article and actual quotes:

"We propose to remove the phrase, 'without reference to possible economic or other impacts of such determination'" the proposal states.

Another suggested shift in the policy would also end the service's practice of providing future "threatened" species with the same protections as endangered species automatically. Instead, protections for future threatened species will be determined by "the species' individual conservation needs."

It looks to me like the EPA would not just knee-jerk shut down projects and construction because of a single fish, turtle or bird in the area and environmentalists would be forced to present a more compelling case to place the animal on the list. This would also stop private land grabs by the EPA when the animal population naturally fluctuates due to wet/dry years, migration and predation.
edit on 29-7-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join