It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would liberalism make the human race extinct.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The answer is to both parts , could we live in peace with an Alien civilisation ? .... Probably not.

I think a singular person *could* but like Tommy Lee Jones said in MIB- "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

In my experience, most singular *people* are about as sharp as a vat of pillow stuffing..

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words
If climate change scaremongers are right, liberalism is not only making our species extinct, but other species as well.

Global warming won't make earth uninhabitable.

It will just make it harder to live in some places like Africa ect. We will probably bet 2 or 3 billion deaths from famine, mainly in China, India and africa, maybe South America and then things will equalibrilise.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: gortex

The answer is to both parts , could we live in peace with an Alien civilisation ? .... Probably not.

I think a singular person *could* but like Tommy Lee Jones said in MIB- "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

In my experience, most singular *people* are about as sharp as a vat of pillow stuffing..

Well it all comes down to the type of aliens.

If we and the Aliens are lucky we will be similar and have similar thoughts, ethics, emotions ect.
For example Vulcan, twlieks ect

But if they are something that's completely different that shares no common traits except sentience?
Someone's going to go extinct....
edit on 29-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Check out Alien Nation. It's pretty much what you're talking about. Good movie too.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But if they are something that's completely different that shares no common traits except sentience?

It'd probably be District 9 all over again. Nuts like me would still want to go hang out with them (yes, my existence is that much ****), but people do fear the unknown, and oh HELL do they fear intelligence past their own for the most part.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Check out Alien Nation. It's pretty much what you're talking about. Good movie too.

Another one is district 9.

Getting dumped with alien refugees would be a social nightmare.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

It'd probably be District 9 all over again. Nuts like me would still want to go hang out with them (yes, my existence is that much ****), but people do fear the unknown, and oh HELL do they fear intelligence past their own for the most part.

Weird we posted the same film at the same time.

Thing with the aliens in district 9, although different, they where peaceful and reasonably friendly.
I would not want them living on earth.......but could coexist with them as galactic neighbours provided they stay in there own yard.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Perhaps you should have titled it "Would aliens make the human race extinct".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If climate change scaremongers are right, liberalism is not only making our species extinct, but other species as well.

You think a bit of global warming is going to look like the John Cusack "2012" disaster movie?

I don’t think that myself. I was just reiterating the point made by many.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I would not want them living on earth.......

I'm pretty sure they didn't want to be here either. Can't say I can blame them, either.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

Global warming won't make earth uninhabitable.

It will just make it harder to live in some places like Africa ect. We will probably bet 2 or 3 billion deaths from famine, mainly in China, India and africa, maybe South America and then things will equalibrilise.

I suspect society will be more like Demolition man, with politically correct officials, police, and armies, that one criminal from our time could create mass havoc in theirs.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Thats a very good question, and one I can answer only with an unequivacal Yes.

If The Liberalization of Humanity continues, it will be their demise.

edit on 29-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This was written with little thought regarding immediate, 2nd, and 3rd order of effects.

When making linear logic arguments far into the future you have to be able to provide some data.

Scrap this thread and try again.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ummm...strange that you use "Star Trek" as an example of Kumbaya...
There was more phazer and photon torpedo in that series than..."Can't we all just get along"...?

Another thing about that series is the rampant anthropomorification...especially in the racial characteristics displayed...

Anthropomorphizing would be our greatest mistake...
We should definitely..."Walk softly...but carry a big stick"...

I think it would be suicide to not have a humanity first approach...which doesn't equate to treating any native's as history has...

Maybe "trust but verify"...would be the best approach...
I think it would all depend on how truly...alien...any aliens were...

My 2 cents worth...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This was written with little thought regarding immediate, 2nd, and 3rd order of effects.

When making linear logic arguments far into the future you have to be able to provide some data.

Scrap this thread and try again.

What the he'll you on about?

This thread is just a bit of fun.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
The premise is flawed. We're talking about an extinction event. The herd would pull together. We'd do what we had to do to survive. That isn't any political bent. That's Darwin at work.

Ummm...serious question...is Darwin related to Murphy...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Given our direction of travel I doubt we will make it outside of our own solar system for a very very very long time , we crawled then stood up then went back to crawling.

I now agree with Hawking and others who say we should be very quiet until we are ready for contact.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The herd would pull together.

Only in the movies.

ONLY in the movies.

Television it'd be pretty much like Salvation.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Chances are, if we encounter aliens...they will either be thousands of years ahead of us in development or microbes. Either way humanity doesn't stand a chance. The universe isn't some Will Smith film. It's more like a Michael Crichton novel where it's only blind luck that saves a few dozen or hundred or thousand people.

Being left or right doesn't matter. In any sort of apocalyptic scenario, politics don't mean squat: It's all about survival.
edit on 29-7-2018 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think the more pertinent question is : Will extremism of any kind cause extinction?

Answer is yes. Doesn't matter what side of politics or religion. Someone, somewhere will always be looking to rule over or control those they perceive to be weaker or less intelligent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join