It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would liberalism make the human race extinct.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this thread as this is sort of a fun/ what if speculation thread on future politics in the distant future.

On say we meet alien races.

Would a star trek style utopia where we all join hands and sing kumbaya and like in multi-cultural harmy with our fellow aliens be practical or would such liberal attitudes get us wiped out?

Or should we adopt a human first attitude, prioritizing our species above all else?

Fact is if there is aliens they have evolved completely different. They likely don’t share the same emotions and way of thinking let alone our values and ethics.

My opinion? Humanity first.If a alien race is friendly and compatible then leave and let liv but not give them equal footing to humans.. If they are hostile? Glass their planets (If we have the means) and wipe them off the face of the universe and let their charred planet serve as an example to other species that might want to mess with us.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Let's hope we don't run into another species with your attitude that's more powerful than us.

Balance in all things my friend. Aggressors can only bring about their own eventual destruction. Better a speak softly but carry a big stick approach. In other be friendly, but be prepared to defend ourselves and maintain and advance the technology to do so.

The universe is too big to keep everyone else down and playing king of the mountain only means eventually you'll get knocked down.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I am pretty sure they had wars in Star Trek.

I believe it is more likely that once we become a space-faring race if we ever do, then we will be embroiled in wars with each other. We will probably blast ourselves back to the stone age.

With a ship it wouldn't be hard to push a few planet killer size asteroids into the planet. No need for nukes, only need something powerful enough to push a big rock.

That may be one reason no government seems to be pushing to colonize space.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Would liberalism make the human race extinct.

Yes.

Because Starfleet spends too much money on phasers, and photon torpedos.

And they'd have nothing to defend themselves from the Romulans,Klingons,and the Borg.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Liberalism is The Borg.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We are a violent species. We wouldn't be allowed to escape the solar system. If we could wipe ourselves out easily I'm sure an advanced species could without blinking an eye. I don't think liberalism would help us either.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just because

It never gets old.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Star Trek even had the deep state!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Humanity first? When havent we put humanity first? All we can do is put humanity first.
And the only wiping will be doing is that of our own nose, for a long time to come. If we're lucky that is.

And as far as the star trek enterprise goes, it's not a warship. It's an exploration vehicle

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

For an 'exploration' vehicle.

It sure does blow a lot of snip up.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Would a star trek style utopia where we all join hands and sing kumbaya and like in multi-cultural harmy with our fellow aliens be practical or would such liberal attitudes get us wiped out?

Probably not.

If they are hostile? Glass their planets (If we have the means) and wipe them off the face of the universe and let their charred planet serve as an example to other species that might want to mess with us.

We don't have the means and if we did it would take so long to get to their planet we would be a footnote in history , we have no protection from attack from space and if we did we would probably use it on each other.

Best hope they are Libs.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Starfleet propaganda.

They hide the might of there military behind "exploration vessels" and put children on there vessels as human shields.

The Klingon where right to distrust the federation.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Picard is a communist.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

He is?

Crap i've been worshippinig the wrong guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Utopia???
What star trek did you watch?
I watched the one where it wasn't even safe for Kirk to kiss a pretty green woman.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Damn Your right!

He was.

Locutus.

Thankfully Picard was feeling like an earthling and the Federation used species reassignment surgery to make him look how he feels.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

We are a violent species. We wouldn't be allowed to escape the solar system. 

Who's going to stop us?

Short of our own technology that is?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Defenses only though. Kirk was never the aggressor. Too busy trying to make out with pretty green women. Lol

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The first question was multiple choice.
You answered true or false.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join