It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wages TANK After Trump's Wealthy Tax Cut

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Throes

Often times they don’t take out taxes to help supplement your income

Oh- but they do. I get something like a $10 COLA raise- and watch my medical 'insurance' go up $20. INFURIATING.
A) $10 barely buys me a crummy value meal at a burger joint. $10 doesn't cover the bills AT ALL. My check doesn't cover squat- and it's literally gone within 15 minutes after I get it.
B) I get half zip for my medical buck. it took me *years* to figure out on my own I had freaking gluten intolerance, and that was after experimenting and waiting 2+ weeks for it to clear my system. *rants on for hours about medical incompetence*

Edited to add: I don't get a dime tax return wise. I tried.

Interesting. Honestly I don’t know anyone who had a negative effect this year, every single person I know is getting a bigger increase in pay and paying less taxes. I am surrounded by middle class and a couple upper middle class folks tho, so that may be part of it.

And that’s across various industries, Private IT, private engineering, corrections officers, and private trucking employees.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How long will it take for the skyrocketing inflation due to the tariffs eat up your pitiful tax rebate?

www.marketwatch.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

personal anecdotes don't mean jack....it really helps to get reliable information. Not from slanted sources like drudge and Alex J.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 29-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where are they getting this data?

tradingeconomics.com...

Salaries: US wage growth in June was 2018's strongest so far
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I haven't seen a penny from this stupid tax cut and I don't anyone else who has. It's just going to let corporations do more lobbying and pay for more campaign spending for the GOP, who will return the favor by screwing us all over morel

Exactly.
The only thing the tax cuts did was allow corporations more money to purchase politicians and reward their friends on wall street.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

stealing money from people isn't going to solve the fundamental problems of a kleptocracy and corruption

taking power away from government will, putting money back into the hands of the people will empower those people

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: theatreboy

www.bls.gov...

look, BLS information real economic data the wages aren't dropping they are flat it's a major problem

the government needs to mind it's own damn business, that's the major problem

The problem is corporate lobbyists want the government to mind their business.

www.theatlantic.com...

It has also fundamentally changed how corporations interact with government—rather than trying to keep government out of its business (as they did for a long time), companies are now increasingly bringing government in as a partner, looking to see what the country can do for them.

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Lobbying Industries

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $3,146,090,212
Insurance $2,190,651,832
Electric Utilities $2,013,127,133
Electronics Mfg & Equip $1,823,347,451
Business Associations $1,811,811,643
Oil & Gas $1,715,405,541
Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $1,416,425,661
Education $1,399,862,870
Hospitals/Nursing Homes $1,310,021,801
Telecom Services $1,271,840,866
Securities & Investment $1,264,774,284
Civil Servants/Public Officials $1,216,181,432
Real Estate $1,215,135,758
Health Professionals $1,189,983,794
Air Transport $1,125,384,003
Misc Issues $929,225,311
Automotive $891,793,138
Defense Aerospace $887,354,553
Health Services/HMOs $863,410,051
TV/Movies/Music $851,379,595

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

you have to be a total moron to think that higher taxes = higher wages

Any business that purchases politicians should be paying a 90% tax rate.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

so what?

so expanding government and increasing taxes on corporations (passed off to the consumer causing inflation) isn't going to solve the problem

returning power to the people (by decreasing taxes putting the money back in the consumers hands) and decoupling the relationship between government and enterprise is the solution

you guys fundamentally get every economic solution WRONG
edit on 29-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

you sooooo don't understand why this doesn't work

raising taxes on corporations incentivizes corruption because they are more willing to corrupt politics to get that tax rate lowered

man wrong, wrong every single solution you have is completely wrong

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how wages tank? I do a lot of hiring and demand actually make wadges go up. In Portland a very liberal city there are companies offering all kinds of incentives to get qualified workers to work for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How long will it take for the skyrocketing inflation due to the tariffs eat up your pitiful tax rebate?

www.marketwatch.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

personal anecdotes don't mean jack....it really helps to get reliable information. Not from slanted sources like drudge and Alex J.

www.marketwatch.com...

Well the EU tariffs are going bye bye soon. So those are new developments that need to be figured in. China is next most likely. Havent you ever wondered the experts could be wrong? most of them have never owned or ran a business and are fresh out of college.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

wages are flatlined in the majority of sector's because of supply and low demand, it's that simple

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

you sooooo don't understand why this doesn't work

raising taxes on corporations incentivizes corruption because they are more willing to corrupt politics to get that tax rate lowered

man wrong, wrong every single solution you have is completely wrong

No..corporations just raise the prices of things we buy to cover the increased taxes.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Where are they getting this data?

tradingeconomics.com...

Salaries: US wage growth in June was 2018's strongest so far
www.usatoday.com...

...from Twitter.
Please don't introduce official statistics into the debate.
Fella's on twitter know what's what.

The economy is red hot and it seems to be upsetting some people when you'd think they would be delighted. Go figure.

edit on 29/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

wages are flatlined in the majority of sector's because of supply and low demand, it's that simple

Low unemployment means more jobs not filled, so what supply are you talking about...too many jobs or too many people looking?

In my company a subsidiary of Boeing and also with Boeing wadge are not flat line. I hired 2 people in the last 3 weeks and they are starting at the highest amount I have have seen for those positions. Other companies are always trying to snipe our skilled people and so I'm doing more inline promotions too then ever before to offset that. Once again what is driving sinking wadges that I do not see?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

great your 1 company doesn't represent the tens of millions of people looking for better jobs across the nation

it's really basic, wages are flat because theres no labor demand

that's how easy this is to figure out, it's so simple it's insane that you can't comprehend it
edit on 29-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

oh let me also add, as a secondary issue affecting wages is government social programs that take money away from the consumer in exchange for a promise of a social safety net

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Inflation doesn't come from tarriffs.

It comes from the GD Federal Reserve pulling $ out of their rears.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Wasn't a "wealthy" tax cut. The wealthy already pay ~40% of all taxes.

Stealing more money from citizens isn't the answer. Cutting all non-essential (read: required to ensure national defense and uphold our unalienable rights) programs and projects and spending is the solution.

Do away with the ridiculous "social programs" - everyone for themselves.

If it isn't to uphold our unalienable rights (read the BOR), settle disputes, enforce contracts or defending the homeland the government shouldn't be doing it. All of this fluff & frills that government is now involved in is absolutely 100% the problem. The government is NOT an efficient organization. Give them a dollar, and they'll throw 99 cents of it in the trash (due to poor management, low quality employees, disgusting bloated bureaucracy, etc)

Trim the fat, cut all remaining budgets by ~90%. Eliminate ALL social programs. Eliminate ALL non-essential government agencies/functions (which is ~99.9% of the existing federal government)

The economy, individual citizens and this country can regulate ourselves. We don't need the government for that. We sure as hell don't need to keep shelling out ridiculously large sums of cash (getting nothing in return) and hoping that government will suddenly develop a brain/hire qualified employees

Every single thing government touches it turns to #.
edit on 7/29/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Do away with the ridiculous "social programs" - everyone for themselves.

Tell you what. I gift you an island - - you are in charge.

Anyone who wants to - - can come to your island - - and do whatever they want.

It won't be long before you start making rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join