It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wages TANK After Trump's Wealthy Tax Cut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

##Attention Please##

This is NOT the Mud Pit. Please post appropriately and attack the ball rather than the player.

The topic is falling wages and debating who/what might be responsible. Stay on topic please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Do you actually have experience with Payscale?

Yes I do.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Okay so let’s see if you answer this time

Do you have any proof that trumps tax cuts are to blame for the wage drop? Something besides your anecdotal account?

How do you know the wages would not have dropped anyways?

What do you propose should be done to fix this wage issue? Hmm? You got a suggestion? I’d like to hear it. Usually all we hear from the left is a bunch of whining but no ideas on how to fix what they are whining about. So let’s hear it what’s your suggestion?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Source: Vox 😂

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Alien Abduct

1.8% ?? LoL I gained a hell of a lot more than that through my tax cut. Anyways is there any proof that Trumps tax cuts is the actual cause of the wage drop, or might the wages have dropped anyways?

Thank you for that anecdotal account of yours. One of many to follow I'm sure.

As for proof these tax cuts are the cause? Well we have a (R) President, and (R) congress, we had (R) tax cuts passed last year heavily in favor of the wealthy and record corporate tax cuts. I'm uncertain what else one could attribute this to? Maybe it's those record deficits the administration and congress are predicting? Causing panic and cost cutting among businesses? Whatever it is, those multi-trillion tax cuts don't seem to be doing jack for the working man.

I think we should just raise taxes back up

Who proposed raising taxes?

So, in other words you have no proof that Trump’s tax cuts are the cause.

How do you know wages wouldn’t have dropped anyways?

By the way I’ll tell you the real reason why wages went down. It’s because we have 20 MILLION illegals working in this country for faaaar below what the job would otherwise pay! THAT drives down wages and THAT is a fact!

Oh right I thought Trump was MAGA, you know , income equality, more jobs better economy... How is possible wages aren't going up?

I tell you what, if we get rid of all those illegal immigrants there will be 20 MILLION job openings and THAT ALONE will fix the wage issue because with the lack of workers they would have to offer more money.

What do you propose should be done to fix this wage issue? Hmm? You got a suggestion? I’d like to hear it. Usually all we hear from the left is a bunch of whining but no ideas on how to fix what they are whining about. So let’s hear it what’s your suggestion?

But.. But.. no one wants to sell oranges or cut grass for minimum wage. SOMEONE has to do it. Think of da lawns.. da lawns !!!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

1.8% ?? LoL I gained a hell of a lot more than that through my tax cut. Anyways is there any proof that Trumps tax cuts is the actual cause of the wage drop, or might the wages have dropped anyways?

As for proof these tax cuts are the cause? Well we have a (R) President, and (R) congress, we had (R) tax cuts passed last year heavily in favor of the wealthy and record corporate tax cuts. I'm uncertain what else one could attribute this to? Maybe it's those record deficits the administration and congress are predicting? Causing panic and cost cutting among businesses? Whatever it is, those multi-trillion tax cuts don't seem to be doing jack for the working man.

By the way I’ll tell you the real reason why wages went down. It’s because we have 20 MILLION illegals working in this country for faaaar below what the job would otherwise pay! THAT drives down wages and THAT is a fact!

Oh right I thought Trump was MAGA, you know , income equality, more jobs better economy... How is possible wages aren't going up?

I tell you what, if we get rid of all those illegal immigrants there will be 20 MILLION job openings and THAT ALONE will fix the wage issue because with the lack of workers they would have to offer more money.

but american will fat bodies will have to work in the fields of "the love of lavor".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The OP is there, I've presented the information. You can either accept it or not. Evidently you choose not to accept it, for which I can't assist any further.

I would have liked to have seen tax cuts focused purely on the middle and lower classes. Bottom focused tax cuts that provide fuel to the consumerist classes and promote more spending any the market which in turn will benefit businesses. I would like to see healthcare become public - it's one of the biggests, if not the leading cause of financial strife. We've heard of cases of simple medical procedures costing in the 100's. I'd like to see a dramatic cut in the military budget. We're already over half the world's expenditure, there's no need. Withdrawal of military aid from countries like Israel. Targeted tax cuts to businesses who plan to employ more americans, not tax cuts across the board to just any business.

My ideas go on and on. Our current method of just cutting taxes heavily favoring the wealthy evidently isn't working would you agree? Or no?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Yeah if only that’s all they did. They are into everything. Plumbing, electrical, roofing, painting, all the used to be good paying trades are paying shhht right now because of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The OP is there, I've presented the information. You can either accept it or not. Evidently you choose not to accept it, for which I can't assist any further.

I would have liked to have seen tax cuts focused purely on the middle and lower classes. Bottom focused tax cuts that provide fuel to the consumerist classes and promote more spending any the market which in turn will benefit businesses. I would like to see healthcare become public - it's one of the biggests, if not the leading cause of financial strife. We've heard of cases of simple medical procedures costing in the 100's. I'd like to see a dramatic cut in the military budget. We're already over half the world's expenditure, there's no need. Withdrawal of military aid from countries like Israel. Targeted tax cuts to businesses who plan to employ more americans, not tax cuts across the board to just any business.

My ideas go on and on. Our current method of just cutting taxes heavily favoring the wealthy evidently isn't working would you agree? Or no?

I didn’t say I don’t accept the fact that there’s is a wage drop.

As to the rest of your post I agree with everything except just one thing. I believe in a continued support of Israel. It is needed for stability in the region.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

but american will fat bodies will have to work in the fields of "the love of lavor".

Yeah if only that’s all they did. They are into everything. Plumbing, electrical, roofing, painting, all the used to be good paying trades are paying shhht right now because of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Exactly wages aren't going up.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I think there is more at work, something NOBODY on either side of the aisle is willing to address and that is AI.

"Meanwhile, the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) is beginning to have consequences for employees, as automation begins to replace some roles and impact the wages of others. That means some traditional roles and their wages are on the decline, including loan officers (down 6.1%, to $42,983), machine operators (down 1.9%, to $38,460), and office managers (down 1.1% to $44,958)".
www.techrepublic.com...

Also in the article, it states that a lot of people have taken entry level jobs just to get back into the workforce.

I give the Trumpster props though, he is at least trying to do something. Obama added trillions to the economy for those bottom-up shovels ready jobs...which ended up going to the very banks who caused the crisis.

So which option would you prefer?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Wages are idle. We all are becoming "slaves" to our masters, just that it is called "free employment". This is happening where I'm at also, not on in the States. Owners have now become the master of their employee and that is a fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Exactly wages aren't going up.

Okay so let’s see if you answer this time

Do you have any proof that trumps tax cuts are to blame for the wage drop? Something besides your anecdotal account?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I’ll ask again...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Pelosi just this last week. 50%!!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
perhaps all the newly created jobs are entry level and at the bottom of the wage scale.

wouldn't take much to pull the AVERAGE down

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I’ll ask again...

No you don't get to ask again. The OP is there, the sources are contained within the OP, take it or leave it, that simple.

Moving along now.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Did you do this to try and get points?,how freaking rediculous people are taking home more money,and without burden of Obamacare,wages are going up,you liberals just can't understand,taught in a treehouse

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Basic supply and demand, then look at the effort to make then legal job seekers by the dems, anybody really think they would stop at cheap labor when there are better opportunities available? Oddly enough the same people pushing this talk about 2nd chances for felons, know the fields that are mostly accepting, the same ones our southern neighbors are taking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join