It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF's over 12,000 UFO reports amounted to nothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: The Shrike

Simple logic. Out of those 12,000 reports, it only takes one to prove the subject is true. How many reports globally are there? Again, it only takes one.... To find out who and what they are you look for trending information.. And conformation...
...It only takes, One!!

Maybe case No. 12,001 will be that "one" you speak of. Or not.

edit on 30/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: The Shrike

Simple logic. Out of those 12,000 reports, it only takes one to prove the subject is true. How many reports globally are there? Again, it only takes one.... To find out who and what they are you look for trending information.. And conformation...
...It only takes, One!!

Maybe case No. 12,001 will be that "one" you speak of. Or not.
You can count my observations as 12,001-12,005. It only takes, one! For me personally, there is no argument!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

"It only takes one!"

A minor addenda:

It only takes one ...event -that is simultaneously shared among many worldwide.

Until such time, we will only continue to have 12,000 more individual 'experiencers' and 'eyewitnesses' to forever whet our appetite -but irrefutably confirm nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The whole mystery drives me crazy and Op is correct, all the good cases are old cases though I can't begin to explain why that is. But the ufo's witnessed by military and trained pilots says to me something is going on or at least was going on in the past. I look at past witness testimony and ask myself is everyone lying or misunderstanding every one of these cases? For Ufo's not to exist that has to be the case. Or are all these sightings just simply unknown technology we have and have had all this time? That's definitely a possibility, though it boggles the mind to think we have had something that advanced for 60 or 70 years.

I still read the posts about ufo's and still hope that a new case may shed a new light on what is going on. I just don't think you can debunk every case, every witness testimony, every video(especially the old ones) and including that my sighting in the 80's of something huge in the night sky that definitely shouldn't have been there, that I later found out was part of the ufo flap in wytheville, Va that I had no idea was going on. So something is going on, I feel sure enough to state that. But that's it that's all I can say with any level of certainty. But will I know what before I die. I'm beginning to think the answer to that is no, and as a teenager witnessing what I saw 30 years ago, I would have never dreamed in the year 2018 we would know very little more than we did then.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine
The whole mystery drives me crazy and Op is correct, all the good cases are old cases though I can't begin to explain why that is. But the ufo's witnessed by military and trained pilots says to me something is going on or at least was going on in the past. I look at past witness testimony and ask myself is everyone lying or misunderstanding every one of these cases? For Ufo's not to exist that has to be the case. Or are all these sightings just simply unknown technology we have and have had all this time? That's definitely a possibility, though it boggles the mind to think we have had something that advanced for 60 or 70 years.

I still read the posts about ufo's and still hope that a new case may shed a new light on what is going on. I just don't think you can debunk every case, every witness testimony, every video(especially the old ones) and including that my sighting in the 80's of something huge in the night sky that definitely shouldn't have been there, that I later found out was part of the ufo flap in wytheville, Va that I had no idea was going on. So something is going on, I feel sure enough to state that. But that's it that's all I can say with any level of certainty. But will I know what before I die. I'm beginning to think the answer to that is no, and as a teenager witnessing what I saw 30 years ago, I would have never dreamed in the year 2018 we would know very little more than we did then.

The reality of flying saucers (now UFOs or UAPs) stopped being questioned after all of the 1950s fictitious contactee cases were thrown out the window as more and more sightings were made. The problem with sighting reports was that people rarely looked up and so were not familiar with everything flying at the time. Sometimes even now you can look up and see an airplane's fuselage but the wings are not that visible because of the wings coloring blending with the sky. I wear Polarized sunglasses which make the fuselage really stand out but because there is no wing glare they might not be visible right off. After more flying saucer sightings started to be reported in the news, more looked up and started reporting everything they saw but could not recognize. The hoaxers took advantage and that drove up reporting. Those carrying cameras were fortunate but the hoaxing competitors made the good photos also suspect. THEN came camcorders and visual sightings shot up and you know the rest. All of us that saw unquestionable aerial objects that could not be explained treasure our memories. Not all sightings were unquestionable so I'm fortunate that mine were. Even though I videotaped one sighting it wasn't my best but it'll do until my next one whenever that'll be. Can you imagine seeing a stationary white "orb" hiding behind a transparent cloud? Or a closeup of an actual stationary craft through binoculars and seeing it gently going up and down as if on a calm sea?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Shrike

The reality of flying saucers (now UFOs or UAPs) stopped being questioned after all of the 1950s fictitious contactee cases were thrown out the window as more and more sightings were made. The problem with sighting reports was that people rarely looked up and so were not familiar with everything flying at the time. Sometimes even now you can look up and see an airplane's fuselage but the wings are not that visible because of the wings coloring blending with the sky. I wear Polarized sunglasses which make the fuselage really stand out but because there is no wing glare they might not be visible right off. After more flying saucer sightings started to be reported in the news, more looked up and started reporting everything they saw but could not recognize. The hoaxers took advantage and that drove up reporting. Those carrying cameras were fortunate but the hoaxing competitors made the good photos also suspect. THEN came camcorders and visual sightings shot up and you know the rest. All of us that saw unquestionable aerial objects that could not be explained treasure our memories. Not all sightings were unquestionable so I'm fortunate that mine were. Even though I videotaped one sighting it wasn't my best but it'll do until my next one whenever that'll be. Can you imagine seeing a stationary white "orb" hiding behind a transparent cloud? Or a closeup of an actual stationary craft through binoculars and seeing it gently going up and down as if on a calm sea?

That sounds like some great sightings. I only have my one truly incredible sighting. I have a thread on it and have no idea what it truly was or who may have been piloting the craft, if I can call it that, as it more resembled a carousel in the sky. You are truly lucky to have witnessed a stationary craft and view it through binoculars. I wish I could have had a pair to get a closer look of what I saw. Would love to see your video if it is available anywhere.

Don't know where we go from here, if there is anywhere to go at all. As you said no one is looking up anymore, any video or picture evidence has to be questioned because hoaxes are like a sport as far as ufo's. I don't think that's the way forward. Ufology is a business, so we can't expect anything there. I miss the old cases. I remember the Chicago O'haire case and how excited I was when it was first reported. I thought this is it, something is gonna come from this case, I mean a crowded airport, lots of witness's, it was reported it made a hole in the clouds. And after that crickets. Some reporting of the employees being silenced, some fake photo's and basically little else. I believe all we have is what we see ourselves and even then, what answers does a sighting give us.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

snip

That sounds like some great sightings. I only have my one truly incredible sighting. I have a thread on it and have no idea what it truly was or who may have been piloting the craft, if I can call it that, as it more resembled a carousel in the sky. You are truly lucky to have witnessed a stationary craft and view it through binoculars. I wish I could have had a pair to get a closer look of what I saw. Would love to see your video if it is available anywhere.

I say "unquestionable sightings" to differentiate between mundane "I don't know what I saw" and "I know definitely what I saw". All of my 5 or 6 sightings were solid UFOs. As far as my video, I did a search and couldn't find it on the web nor the vid frames. I also could not locate my DVD of the sighting. We live in a mini-Bermuda Triangle!

But I do have 4 vid frames so I'll attach them below. But let me set it up. I didn't have a high megapixel camera, all I had was a digicam that shot still frames at a low resolution of 640x480 and this was in 2004. I wanted to practice videotaping airplanes so that I could get used to shooting high altitude objects including seagulls, etc. I went to NYC's Central Park's Belvedere Castle (first photo) and parked myself on the right side almost under the cupola, on the stairs behind the lady seen in the second photo. I didn't sit on the steps but stood facing the Great Lawn (uptown view) and began shooting. I noticed airplanes ascending from La Guardia airport and when I saw the white orb that one plane was heading to and realized it was a UFO, I was jolted and in my excitement lost my footing, had to keep holding the digicam and reached for the stone railing 'cause I was going to wind up smashed on the rocks below! The resultant seconds-long video was a failure although it does show the UFO.

One has to keep calm but that thought occurred to me after I sat down contemplating what I had just saved myself from.
If I had sat down, the video would have been great.

Belvedere Castle overlooking Turtle Pond (the famous Delacorte Theatre is on the right and below).

Closeup of where I stood.

My view

The culprit

edit on 3-8-2018 by The Shrike because: To add content

edit on 3-8-2018 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join