It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF's over 12,000 UFO reports amounted to nothing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
UFOlogy seems to have been over for a while. There's nothing new in the wind and this forum is a good example as almost all of the threads are mostly about past events. Yeah, UFOs are still being seen with no new developments, no one has been abducted for the longest time and (in my opinion) no one really has. Disclosure is wishful thinking for material that doesn't exist. These are the end times.

For the longest time we read about certain individuals who held high political and military positions who are seen seated side by side at a dais on an auditorium's stage telling the world of their UFO experiences and joined together for a common purpose and that's to get Uncle Sam to show us what he's hiding. Now here comes another one making noises and "confessin'"

Since I got into UFOs in 1958 I became aware of one thing: military and civilian UFO investigators did only one thing - interview witnesses and possibly walk away with photos, negatives and, usually, 8mm film. Everything was stored in files and stock rooms. Nothing more than that. Oh, yeah, an occasional dirt sample. If there were to be disclosure, that's what would be disclosed. Old, tired information.

But I'll let retired Air Force Col. David Shea vent his spleen. Read on. The article is longer so go to the link for the whole thing.

Former Intelligence Officer Demands US Air Force Fork Over UFO Evidence
22:04 27.07.2018(updated 22:07 27.07.2018) Get short URL
sputniknews.com...
[qote]The former spokesperson of the US Air Force’s notorious UFO investigation bureau, Project Blue Book, is demanding the Pentagon make public any evidence it has about aliens having visited Earth.

"Show it to the National Academy of Sciences. Don't hide it. Show it! We've been waiting for it! We've been waiting for it forever," retired Air Force Col. David Shea said to WTOP Thursday. "But so far, that hasn't happened, and I don't know why."

Declassified Files Reveal UK Feared Soviets, Chinese Would Acquire UFO Tech
In 1969, Shea announced the end of Project Blue Book, declaring that the USAF's over 12,000 UFO reports amounted to nothing — no threat to national security, no sign of advanced technology and definitely no evidence that UFOs were craft from outer space. After that, the Air Force washed it hands of the matter, publicly maintaining it had no further interest in the phenomenon, Politico reported.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
there are no space aliens so far visiting, even the russians in space couldn't keep quiet about seeing a spacecraft

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Perhaps they should have sent someone else, like .. Joy Behar or some other loud mouth. Then everyone would know!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Perhaps they should have sent someone else, like .. Joy Behar or some other loud mouth. Then everyone would know!

I think Pres. Trump would come back and tell us the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

On this we can agree!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

On this we can agree!

Thank you for someone who won't eat fried rice with chopsticks.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by MerkabaTribeEntity removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by BotheLumberJack removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Listen Up!

Political trolling is NOT allowed anywhere on ATS except in the Political Mud Pit Forum.

Even there we expect a certain amount of civilty and decorum.

Address the OP subject. Anything else is considered OFF TOPIC.

Return to the topic of the OP.

As always: Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

"We don't know what these things are," Rojas said, referring to UFOs. "Just because we get uncomfortable with the idea of aliens does not mean we should not investigate when the people who pilot our most advanced technology say they encounter something that outclasses their aircraft. It would be highly negligent not to investigate."

I think this quote pretty much sums it up. Blue Book left a lot of questions unanswered and many more disingenuously answered. Plenty of of mysterious stuff yet to be adequately addressed regarding UFOs in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: The Shrike

Well, it's fairly easy, especially since this is ATS, to come up with an alternate reason why we don't have "disclosure" yet.

Suppose - just suppose - we indeed do have some "alien visitors", and suppose we have had contact with them for many years. We are (and have been) actively working for them. Say that they have no intention to meddle with us more than they feel appropriate and that we are mostly allowed to run our own show still as long as it does not interfere with their intents. A relatively small group of civilians and some of the military worldwide are in the know on a need to know basis, mostly the people that are required to cooperate with our "visitors". And yes, abductions took place, yes, they (mostly) stopped because the "visitors" obtained whatever goals they had with it. Also, these "visitors" may not even BE visitors, but an older species, that actually lives here and has lived here for very long times.

Now, given this model - a realistic one on ATS - wouldn't that totally explain the "there is something going on but we can't get it" feeling expressed by modern UFOlogists?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I think Pres. Trump would come back and tell us the truth.

I doubt it. Not political. I don't even think he (like most politicians- ever hear of any reading good ol' science fiction or watching any?) would even have a weak frame of reference from sci fi. Only thing he'd do is wake up a cold sweat, screaming his head off because of what he saw and was told. I've seen more than my share. I also have had a nice, heaping helping of ridicule mentioning any of it.

He would be sunk faster than the Lusitania by mentioning anything he'd have seen- he'd be immediately branded a lunatic by TPTB. I think the experience would also send him right off the edge. Think Reagan- how many times has he been described as having dementia after his mentioning about everyone being brought together by aliens arriving (or was it attacking?), and things kinda just went south after that. I'm leaving out his policies and whatever else- and focusing just on his maybe slip of the tongue. I also am inclined to think he *had* a sci fi frame of reference to work from, yet. Didn't he mention something of the sort to Spielberg after seeing Close Encounters?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Simple logic. Out of those 12,000 reports, it only takes one to prove the subject is true. How many reports globally are there? Again, it only takes one.... To find out who and what they are you look for trending information.. And conformation.

In as far as where they live, and where they come from, that can be answered through true and honest science...

These "Aliens" if looked at in another perspective, are actually a "Secret Society" who guard their existence and location through psychological control means. Don't believe me, dig for yourselves, very very "Deeply".

It only takes, One!!

Mind control? You better believe it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on PMSundaySunday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago3572 by All Seeing Eye because: Added Link!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Shrike
UFOlogy seems to have been over for a while. There's nothing new in the wind and this forum is a good example as almost all of the threads are mostly about past events. Yeah, UFOs are still being seen with no new developments, no one has been abducted for the longest time and (in my opinion) no one really has. Disclosure is wishful thinking for material that doesn't exist. These are the end times.

You've been around the block so should know that a phenomenon that has existed for thousands of years can dissapear for a decade.

Maybe, just maybe we've reached the point of need to reconsider strategy as we've seen through the control loop - could be a step change coming.

I mean from an ETH view it looks as if our next move is going to be significant and from an IDH view, taking a leap on desired outcomes - if such a thing even exists, we seem to be heading backwards ?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If we are not visited by travelers, we must become those travelers.

If we have "family", other intelligent beings stuck in this pitty patty universe, we need to meet them.

It would have been nice if someone was there to help us, through our darkest times.

I would be totally fine, supplying that help to anyone else, no matter what planet they are on.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Simple logic. Out of those 12,000 reports, it only takes one to prove the subject is true. How many reports globally are there? Again, it only takes one.... To find out who and what they are you look for trending information.. And conformation.

You seem to have missed the point. It doesn't matter if it's 12,000 here, 50,000 there (from England, Russia, France, etc.). The point is that it's just old, similar, documents that contain only people's memories. The reality and validity of UAOs has never been questioned 'cause it spread quickly at the beginning of sightings and people began to look up hoping to see something that didn't look human-constructed. And few carried cameras. I don't see in my lifetime that we will find out if beings of some sort are in the UAOs or that the UAOs are remotely controlled which opens up a gigantic can or worms.

In as far as where they live, and where they come from, that can be answered through true and honest science...[

You have faith and hope! Science is not needed in this instance as science is not expert in these matters.

These "Aliens" if looked at in another perspective, are actually a "Secret Society" who guard their existence and location through psychological control means. Don't believe me, dig for yourselves, very very "Deeply".

It only takes, One!!

Mind control? You better believe it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm gonna sit this one out.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

originally posted by: The Shrike

You've been around the block so should know that a phenomenon that has existed for thousands of years can dissapear for a decade.

I doubt about" thousands of years" and what do you mean: "can dissapear for a decade." Please expand on that.

Maybe, just maybe we've reached the point of need to reconsider strategy as we've seen through the control could be a step change coming.

I mean from an ETH view it looks as if our next move is going to be significant and from an IDH view, taking a leap on desired outcomes - if such a thing even exists, we seem to be heading backwards ?

edit on 30-7-2018 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You have faith and hope! Science is not needed in this instance as science is not expert in these matters.
Oh, I believe it is. It showed me "Where" they are. Again, true science based in observations first. And if the Scientific community can get their act together, minus any external manipulations, they will see it too. Going down the rabbits hole is not just a pipe dream.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join