It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China gifts Sri Lanka a warship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Arnie123
Yes I believe that India and America share common values with our society, and there is much we can learn from their past as well. India has animosity as well with Pakistan. China not only is their biggest supporter in the defense sector now, but is also arranging plans for additional naval port in Pakistan on the Pacific as well as selling Pakistan eight submarines splitting production between the two.

Lets also not forget the bad blood between the two most populous nations after the border skirmishes they have had in the last couple years which have cause Indian casualties and destruction of structures.

India has a nuclear weapons history that stretches back thousands of years, with tales of their deployment very accurately described in very ancient texts. I personally believe that India has the determination to go through with nukes as a result.

You are getting a bit excited again at the prospect of war!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
As a concerned citizen, I am regularly following the on going nine year old world war 3 and every move that escalates hostilities. Working on a map of the primary alliances and the gains and losses of the primary superpowers as well as the flash points where we are all currently clashing. A small sampling:

• USA has lost Sri Lanka and Pakistan, China has gained them. China has also expanded its border illegally through artificial island creation violating maritime laws and the
  • Russia has gained several autonomous regions, two from Georgia (abkhazia and South Ossetia), two from Ukraine (Crimea, Donetsk Peoples Republic, or DPR), and has gained the Eastern Half of Libya
  • We (USA/NATO) almost lost the Philippines to China due to Obama, but now thats fixed. We gained 1/3 of Syria, a few slivers of Libya, and may be back in Venezuela soon enough
  • Turkey has gained parts of Northern Syria, Established several posts in Sudan and Somalia,
  • Iran and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) are continuing to fight for their share of Yemen as well as Libya. This has put Qatar in quite the pickle as it prefers if everyone can just figure out a way to make a compromise, which did not go over well with its allies. Turkey may very well have saved its ass from direct action by the GCC.

I also speculate NATO will be restructured, or planned for it before the end of the decade. There is alot more, but the map is a work in progress, and I cannot update it as often as I like, which leads to my procrastination in having something to post.
edit on 7-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thats a pretty good summary I do disagree one one point the Philippines:

Despite the maniac they have running the countries sound bites, there are deep ties between the two countries and I do not believe Obama caused the rift

They are just as concerned as the rest of the region with Chicom's expansion and have several disputed islands they are ill equipped to defend.

Also if you track aircraft you see a fair number of SOCOM Do-338's traversing the country doing lord knows what but they would only be there with government permission AND cooperation with the Filipino military
edit on 7/29/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
lol China is not perfect, no country is, but have you been there? Have you travelled china?

Er, yes. Lived in Hong Kong. Have you? Are you saying China is not a dictatorship? It's a perfect example of a controlled society, with deep repression of any political difference.

Like I said, this is the worlds biggest dictatorship (China) directly challenging the worlds biggest democracy (India). I cannot imagine India is happy at Chinese involvement in Sri Lanka.
edit on 30/7/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Jay-morris
lol China is not perfect, no country is, but have you been there? Have you travelled china?

Er, yes. Lived in Hong Kong. Have you? Are you saying China is not a dictatorship? It's a perfect example of a controlled society, with deep repression of any political difference.

Like I said, this is the worlds biggest dictatorship (China) directly challenging the worlds biggest democracy (India). I cannot imagine India is happy at Chinese involvement in Sri Lanka.

Not Hong Kong, but lived in mainland China for a while and travelled around China.

Depends what you think Dictatorship means. If you mean one government one party, then yes, but are we all under a dictatorship. Have we all fell for the illusion of "the free world" that our voting makes a huge difference?

Vote in Party A, not happy with what they do, so next time vote party B, they pretty much do the same thing, so vote party A again because they say they are going to make huge changes, they do not, So you vote party B again.

On and on and on. And let's not forget, these separate parties have alot in common. Go to the same parties, part of the same organisations/societies, but the main the is, they are rich and powerful.

It's an illusion! You are voting in pretty much the same every time, though not much ever changes, apart from these people stay wealthy and powerful, while most of people suffer.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

As a concerned citizen, I am regularly following the on going nine year old world war 3 and every move that escalates hostilities. Working on a map of the primary alliances and the gains and losses of the primary superpowers as well as the flash points where we are all currently clashing. A small sampling:

• USA has lost Sri Lanka and Pakistan, China has gained them. China has also expanded its border illegally through artificial island creation violating maritime laws and the
  • Russia has gained several autonomous regions, two from Georgia (abkhazia and South Ossetia), two from Ukraine (Crimea, Donetsk Peoples Republic, or DPR), and has gained the Eastern Half of Libya
  • We (USA/NATO) almost lost the Philippines to China due to Obama, but now thats fixed. We gained 1/3 of Syria, a few slivers of Libya, and may be back in Venezuela soon enough
  • Turkey has gained parts of Northern Syria, Established several posts in Sudan and Somalia,
  • Iran and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) are continuing to fight for their share of Yemen as well as Libya. This has put Qatar in quite the pickle as it prefers if everyone can just figure out a way to make a compromise, which did not go over well with its allies. Turkey may very well have saved its ass from direct action by the GCC.

I also speculate NATO will be restructured, or planned for it before the end of the decade. There is alot more, but the map is a work in progress, and I cannot update it as often as I like, which leads to my procrastination in having something to post.

You have already admitted you do not give a crap about what your government does, good or bad, as long as it benafits your country.

You have proven my point that people like you are the reasons why governments do terrible things and get away with it

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You can complain All you want, but without real solutions your just whining.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You can complain All you want, but without real solutions your just whining.

You have not answered any of my responses. You are just someone who romantises on war, you want it, most prob gets excited ever time you hear about it.

How excited would you be if it was your own family suffering or dying because of war? Would that make you still excited at the prospect of war? Or do you just get excited becsuse you feel it will not effect you and your family directly?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't really play the what if game. I simply keep track of the movements of the global military powers, type up what I can for the sake of staying current and informing others, and root for my side. Everyone else's suffering is not my problem.

Its not yours either, so you should probably untangle your panties and stop getting mad at the screen

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't really play the what if game. I simply keep track of the movements of the global military powers, type up what I can for the sake of staying current and informing others, and root for my side. Everyone else's suffering is not my problem.

Its not yours either, so you should probably untangle your panties and stop getting mad at the screen

Well, obviously I look at the human race very differently than you do. You, like many primitive thinking people just do not get it! We are all the same, we are all human. You saying "Everyone else's suffering is not my problem" just shows how disconnted you are.

It's sad and frustrating because the more people we have like you, the more chance we will end up destroying this planet, all for patriotic pride!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
We are supposed to destroy the planet. That is our destiny. And we will fulfill it, again, and again, and again as we have in the past. Because the descendants of Cain will always have the advantage over the pacifists who wait until they are cornered and dying to fight back, failing to accept it is too late to do so.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

We are supposed to destroy the planet. That is our destiny. And we will fulfill it, again, and again, and again as we have in the past. Because the descendants of Cain will always have the advantage over the pacifists who wait until they are cornered and dying to fight back, failing to accept it is too late to do so.

Sorry, once you bring fairy tales into it I lose interests. Funny how hatful some people get when they are religous!

Would your God want you to not give a crap about people and what happens to them? Women and children?

This world is screwed while people think like you

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Its goes something like this "MAD" or balance of power.

Something has to counterbalance the US as World Police spreading democracy (sarcasm) for its corporate masters.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, you are correct and I already agreed with you. The world is screwed, and we will break it and ourselves again and again until the end of time. Don't you know the history is the same across every empire, including the ancient ones who used nukes on each other??

Now that you know, go enjoy whatever time you have left and stop wasting your breath getting angry at someone behind a screen. How do you even know I am human?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, you are correct and I already agreed with you. The world is screwed, and we will break it and ourselves again and again until the end of time. Don't you know the history is the same across every empire, including the ancient ones who used nukes on each other??

Now that you know, go enjoy whatever time you have left and stop wasting your breath getting angry at someone behind a screen. How do you even know I am human?

Don't you think it is ironic? Me, an Athiest who cares about all human life, and the well being of this planet.

And then, a religous person, who has proven that he does not give a crap about humans outside his circle, and states "Everyone else's suffering is not my problem" Is that what "the good book" taught you? That you, who should have compassion, has none at all.

You cherry picking the "the good book"?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Im not really religious. Im one of those whack jobs that believes the Bible kind of goes in the direction of Describing the history and general society rules of some advance civil or even space origins civil. Translation errors and/or agend driven history makers explain discrepancys.

It's a whole other mess that's off topic.

So now that you can see how are beliefs contrast, how do you observe our actions s?? Do they differ??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join