It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And we have returned from the desert once again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

Our first trip to Tonopah, we caught a UAV out on the ramp, but couldn't get decent pics of it. Our second trip, we caught the F-117s flying. This trip, we caught some interesting radio chatter, and pics that won't see the light of day. I've heard of people going out for years hunting these things and never even getting close to that much.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This trip, we caught some interesting radio chatter, and pics that won't see the light of day.

That’s the Zaph I’ve learned to come to love.

Again, great stuff — even the stuff y’all did let us see

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I think not too specific question. Are there just UAVs on those pics that won't see light of a day?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

considering they got a nighthawk, that we know at least some of have been modified to test various systems on the jet and against the jet my guess is that it was either a jamming type aircraft or or maybe even a B-21 and using the nighthawk like part of the family(as a stand in)
edit on 2-8-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Wouldn't you like to know.

We're a long way from 100% identification, even if we were going to go public. We were a long way out (10+ miles) in the middle of the night, with a lot of heat haze still in the air. So we may never be certain, beyond "it looks like...."
edit on 8/2/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

so they were flying at the same time? the nighthawk and the mystery? nighttime flight hmmm... im going to guess manned aircraft.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No, the Nighthawks don't come over to where we were. That was a previous trip that we saw them. The aircraft we saw was alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

last question, any interesting flight characteristics? what drew your attention to it?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

We caught it visually. We did our usual scan and saw it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

last question, any interesting flight characteristics? what drew your attention to it?

I can't really add anything else to what Zaphod has already stated. It would be irresponsible to start speculation until we feel its been properly vetted.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Speaking of which, you have mail.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Speaking of which, you have mail.

Im on it LOL. Nothing to see here move along

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I can only guess... unfortunately. My bet it was either one of the LRS-B entries or Companion or very very quick green juice... if it it the green juice then wohooo!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Even if we can positively identify it, don't count on answers as to what it is. We've said about all that will be said about that sighting.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

sometimes that for the best but maybe us peasants will get a glimpse someday if you saw it then maybe someone else will see it(again).

i have a very good idea of what it was but im not even going to put it out there.

maybe i can get some serbians out there and see if they can get lucky again, but with a camera this time.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'll play along.

(10+ miles) in the middle of the night, with a lot of heat haze still in the air

Even with a 20+ Megapixel camera hanging off the back of a 400mm lens at that distance and with that much atmospheric distortion at what I'd assume is fairly high ISO even with low shutter speed (someone mentioned a heavy tripod right) it would be very difficult to make much out.

With all that in mind I'm assuming to even have something on an image that you can study it was fairly large which should narrow down the playing field to bomber or large fast recon platform. Nobody would be that excited or worried about a cargo plane.

That's my $0.02
edit on 3-8-2018 by PhantomTwo because: i can't spell

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

We actually had a 6" telescope. We could see F-22s sitting out there through it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Learned long ago not ask...so my question(s) is this: say the brass wants to bust out the bird everyone, hopefully, has come to get that elusive shot of; 1) does the brass experience normal human emotion and like to ‘show off’ and allow a “once-in-a-lifetime” viewing/sighting and show our military air command is ‘swinging from the knees’; 2) IF they do/would, is it “inside baseball” and everyone (viewing public) agrees “loose lips, sink ships” refusing to ever admit/show photographic evidence of said bird?

In summation: is it possible to post up at these bases/place, as y’all did, and catch a glimpse of something probably never to be acknowledged or seen operational at these shows/events (its entertainment, after all, and I’m curious if the brass ever lets something like that to happen)?
edit on 3-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

There has been an occasional "whoops. We. Had. No. Idea. Anyone. Was. There." Amarillo was the latest. Usual it's when they want to send a message to someone. Usually it's more "We didn't have a choice but to be out there" and someone is in the right place at the right time.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more pics than you think that are kept in private collections just because people don't want to leak them. Either out of concern about a reaction, or because they just don't want to.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

C’mon, man! You can’t drop “Amarillo was the latest”...not gonna ask, but damn you, my interest has been piqued and i’ll forever be curious when visiting this forum what it is/was. Thanks, bud...gonna spend a rainy Friday digging through ATS trying to figure out what happened in that West Texas city.

ETA: You’ve been forgiven — I did it to myself by asking

edit on 3-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join