It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor people in the UK can't eat healthy food because...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, I only occassionally eat meat, depends how much toll I'm putting on my body, physical work and the like.

Eating complete proteins (from animals) puts far more toll on your body than eating incomplete protein from plants. I could proivde you the science to go with that but you seem to have an aversion to that.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Apparently though the biggest reason for fat people is because they had multiple courses of antibiotics as children. Honestly there is a member in this thread absolutely asserting that this is the reason for fat people and it's the fault of the NHS even!
I say that's bull#, they may have to eat less or a more appropriate diet depending on how the antibiotics affected their gut flora, but the overwhelming majority of fat people are fat for one reason alone...they consume more energy than they burn off. We don't need any peer reviewed studies to tell us this, it is an absolute fact.
When I'm doing hard physical work I could eat pure lard and my body will convert it into glucose so long as I do the work required for the conversion. That is the basic truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So what?
I don't care, I'm fit athletic and not fat.
Why are you picking on my diet when this thread is about poor people choosing to eat crap food and then get themselves fat?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They are costing the NHS billions and it's all through their crappy choices.

I am not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse here or just falling to connect the dots. Again i will state there is a strong correlation between gut flora and obeisty. So the very organization you are whinging about being cost millions could actually be a major factor of its causation.

That is caused Irony

Would you care to comment or would you rather continue fat shaming .

Just a little more information for you. You are neither plant based nor vegan. I dont think you understand what they mean. Vegans do not eat meat or fish. You are an omnivore.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I eat healthy nutritious foods and yes they are far cheaper than fast food.

$100 a month and I get all the nutrition and calories I need. More than I need most times.

In the united states that is.

$1.20 buys me a 16oz bag of rice. That equals to 1600 calories.

The average man of 5'9 should be around 150-160 lb That's 1700-2000 calories a day.

That 1 cheap bag of rice is just about a full day of calories.

But of course I wont be eating just that rice so it will last much longer.

1 meal from a fast food place cost about $5 and can net me anywhere from 2000-3000 calories.

But of course I can't save part of that meal for later in the week.

This makes the bag of rice the cheaper healthier chose.

And that's just rice. beans are the same price of the same amount. So are dried peas.

The nutrition from eating peas , rice , and beans is all I need to stay healthy.

If I eat fast food at all I would not only spend more money I would eat to many calories each meal (and become over wight) and I would get less nutrition.

I have spent years counting calories and nutrition from different sources and have my food consumption down to a science.

Cooking your own food at home is cheaper and more nutritious.

I don't buy organic because:
A. I find no difference in my over all health when I do .
B. It's more expensive.

edit on 28-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

So what?
I don't care, I'm fit athletic and not fat.
Why are you picking on my diet when this thread is about poor people choosing to eat crap food and then get themselves fat?

Because in my opinion you are far far worse than them. You are calling people out who probably have a medical problem whilst calling yourself a vegan that eats meat and considers yourself healthy. Well i dont think you diet is healthy. The difference is they might not have a choice and you do.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The facts are that some people do not care what they eat as long as it tastes good and they bring their kids up like that.
I think everyone in the UK has been given food education and the government has been telling us what is good for you on the telly there should be no excuse but lets not forget advertising which plays a part especially when kids want food they have seen on the telly and they scream at mum and she gives in and gets it them for the peace.
I think the sugar tax will help tbh I know loads of people who have gone on diet pop because full fat pop is a quid more than diet.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

How many calories do you need a day?.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They are costing the NHS billions and it's all through their crappy choices.

So are smokers, drinkers, drug users, people who are involved in other risky behaviours such as multiple sexual partners, extreme sports and whatever else you want to list off really.

If someone wants to eat themselves into oblivion then so be it, its better than other things like drink, drugs and smoking.

edit on 28-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

A bag of rice is not going to keep you going son. I hope you are adleast eating brown or red rice. That white rice is just emptly calories. Try packing 15 different veg a day and beans. Then you are starting to eat a good diet.

I buy a lot of my food online in bulk and still its more expensive. Breakfast for example. Soaked oats. Chia seeds.. Cannabis seeds. Dates.. Spirinluna, coca powder and bannana and rose root extreact That is a good start to the day. Knocks me with the write omegas for the day and a good whack of nutrients. Now yes i could eat a bowl of rice buy really that does not cut the mustard.

link   
Do you not read any of my posts FFS?
Scroll back, maybe the last page, I've said twice in this thread "I was vegan for a couple of years, then veggie for a decade, now omnivore" FFS start reading properly instead of just skim reading to look for something to accuse me of not understanding.
You have a childish form of argument.

Now you can blame the NHS all you like but do you agree or disagree that every fat person in the UK without a medical condition etc, can reduce their obesity by eating food appropriate to their body's metabolism?
Simple question?
Blaming it solely on antibiotics in childhood is lame as #, I had multiple courses of antibiotics as a child and I'm not fat because I don't eat like a pig.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The nutrition from eating peas , rice , and beans is all I need to stay healthy.

No its not enough to keep healthy dude or dudette :-)

A bag of rice is not going to keep you going son. I hope you are adleast eating brown or red rice. That white rice is just emptly calories. Try packing 15 different veg a day and beans. Then you are starting to eat a good diet.

I buy a lot of my food online in bulk and still its more expensive. Breakfast for example. Soaked oats. Chia seeds.. Cannabis seeds. Dates.. Spirinluna, coca powder and bannana and rose root extreact That is a good start to the day. Knocks me with the write omegas for the day and a good whack of nutrients. Now yes i could eat a bowl of rice buy really that does not cut the mustard.

edit on 28-7-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This thread is about fat people.
You work for the NHS, how do you feel about the claims that they're only fat because they had antibiotics as a child.
I say it's easily fixed, just #ing do mre and eat less, but that is too complicated for some folk.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Stop circumnavigating the evidence that you are wrong. This is your thread

Address the peer reviewed science that suggests there is medical reason for a lot of obesity.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Have you seen the theft problems in those areas? That's why they don't have that access. Stuff on the shelves rapidly disappears.

Also, there is a palette issue. Once your tastes are attained to high fat and high sugar and high salt, natural, healthy stuff tastes like sand until you get adjusted away from that.

I wound up getting raised on fast food, but I don't eat that way now. I never liked it as a kid much either. However, I used to really like Long John Silver's. I went back with my husband for a nostalgia thing a few years back. When I got done, my tongue was tingling the food was so salty. I had never, ever noticed that before as a kid, but I did as an adult because I'd gotten used to eating my own food made at home and eating for flavor, not salt/fat/sweet.

Oatmeal pies are another thing I used to live for and never thought were that sweet, and now my pancreas curls at the thought.

A lot of kids who get raised on that diet never can break that palatte.
edit on 28-7-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

Good to know a human can give us around 50 days worth of food....more If they are fat.

link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

This thread is about fat people.
You work for the NHS, how do you feel about the claims that they're only fat because they had antibiotics as a child.
I say it's easily fixed, just #ing do mre and eat less, but that is too complicated for some folk.

How about you address these claims before continuing with your crusade.

link   

Now you can blame the NHS all you like but do you agree or disagree that every fat person in the UK without a medical condition etc, can reduce their obesity by eating food appropriate to their body's metabolism?

To be fair there are huge psychological aspects to this you are ignoring, its not as simple as its sounds, eat less and lose weight.

Also sugar is highly addictive and our metabolisms are not quite as simple as you are making out.

link   

FFS!!!
Read my posts properly!
NOWHERE have I stated I am a vegan, for the 4th time I'll repeat, I was vegan for a couple of years, then veggie for a decade, now I'm omnivore.
FFS READ IT PROPERLY INSTEAD OF SKIM READING JUST LOOKING FOR SOME LAME POINT TO ARGUE OVER!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I gave a pass to medical conditions including mental health.
It is as simple as energy in-energy out though. Where was the last fat person you saw in a famine?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join