It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor people in the UK can't eat healthy food because...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Tacos. I want tacos. And burrito's. And chips and salsa.

As long as your body is healthy and fit then you can eat whatever you like.

There is no one food that will make everyone healthy.

That's why calorie intake and nutrition is key when choosing what we eat.

But if you get what you need from fast food. Then eat fast food. If your healthy your healthy.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XPensiveTrash
Truro Tesco Superstore, but even then it's not much different in my local Tesco Express, maybe add 25% to everything.
Are you saying poor people can't eat healthy food cheap or not? Are the prices in Falmouth prohibitive meaning you are forced to buy frozen crap from say Farm Foods or Iceland?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Would be far cheaper to eat a MacDonalds.

It's far cheaper to cook my own meals in the states than it is to eat fast food all the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Muninn

Last time I'll ask mate, have you got any on-topic contribution to make to this thread?
All mature reasoned arguments are welcome about the topic, not me or my intentions making the thread.

What happens then?

On topic, I would love to see the actual bill for those groceries.

How is that on-topic? All you are doing now is switching from labeling me a 'fat shamer' to now a liar.
Discuss the topic, not me and my intentions. I've asked you lots of times now.
Argue my points if you disagree with any of them. This is not facebook mate.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Now this is fat shamming.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It's tragic to be honest, I actually know a few unhealthy people who haven't eaten a fruit or vegetable in years, well unless you can count the salad in fast food like a McD's or kebab as eating fruit and veg. I know some folk who would actually turn down my stew tonight because there was no meat in it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that you can't eat healthy cheaply, but around here certainly not as cheap as the prices you quoted unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

First off cabbage taste wonderful!

But yes as long as you get the nutrition you need and you exercise then it doesn't mater what you eat , not really.

That's the problem people have. They take in tons of calories and don't work any of it off.

I have no sympathy for a person that wants to lose weight but refuses to exercise.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: testingtesting

Now this is fat shamming.

I gotta say In the member's defence, he has got a dry and dark sense of humour with all topics so I don't think it was meant to be cruel or horrible. Just an edgy joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yup. I am a full advocate for if people are obese they did it to themselves.
Although, I have learned that over eating can be a disorder, and it actually can be a medical issue. I have a friend who has a thyroid gland issue and cannot eat anything heavy in starches. If they do it completely disrupts their over all health, and even mood, he can't even eat pizza! It was one of the first times I was introduced to a keto diet, and he's still somewhat over weight even on his high fat, low carbs.

But my motto is, if you have access to a stove and oven, you can cook a healthy meal.
My microwave is used for re-heating, and the odd time if I want some cooked veggies in a hurry I steam them in there.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: XPensiveTrash
You are getting to the extreme end of the island though, same up Scotland way I bet.
Have you tried any Polish shops if you have any near? They are fantastic and cheaper with lots of meat products, give it a go and don't be afraid to ask if it's the best price they can do.
They know most of their people are on minimum wage in the UK so they keep their prices low, even if it is imported.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Must be a nightmare for your friend, no pizza!
I said earlier I was vegan for a couple of years and finally cracked buying a pizza at the hotel I was staying at in Pnom Phen Cambodia of all places lol.
Agree about the microwave, it's just a warmer-upper for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Last time I'll ask mate, have you got any on-topic contribution to make to this thread?
All mature reasoned arguments are welcome about the topic, not me or my intentions making the thread.

What happens then?

On topic, I would love to see the actual bill for those groceries.

How is that on-topic? All you are doing now is switching from labeling me a 'fat shamer' to now a liar.
Discuss the topic, not me and my intentions. I've asked you lots of times now.
Argue my points if you disagree with any of them. This is not facebook mate.

I don't believe those costs, prove me wrong.

Most poor areas in the u.s don't have a cheap grocery store in walking distance to them but they have plenty of fast food places up in those areas.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What in the wide world of sports is a gramme?

In the usa a grammy is an award we give to the recipients of all the energy the overweight people hold for them.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't care that you don't believe me, and this thread is about poor people affording food in the UK, not the US.
If you wish to discuss common complaints about reasons for being obese in the UK please do, I will always entertain such a conversation.
EDIT
Search Tesco.com and browse to your hearts content at our low prices. If you buy online you can get it delivered same day usually anywhere on the island. Britain has a good distribution network.
If you buy in-store then smaller ones are a little more expensive but often have reductions online doesn't.
You seem like to a troll to me mate, now that's all I'll say about you thinking I'm lying, how about stick to the topic I started, or start your own one about US food prices.

edit on 28-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I blame all the take aways!
you are bombarded to have them on TV and leaflets.
40 years ago we would have fish and chips on a friday!
and it was healthy food. not MacDonald Fake food.

most of the shops by me are 11 takeaways, 6 chemists,
5 hair dressers and some others.
dose that sound good?

oh and the so called fresh food!
the potato have black at the center
the Rot in a week! huh? potatoes are supposet to grow roots?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
Lol: Gramme Said the same as Gram, but with the E at the end it becomes a noun so my error. I think most people knew what I meant.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Behave, I was vegan for a couple of years and lived well cheap. Lots of my mates are vegan and eat perfectly nutritious food cheap, I'm around their homes regularly, and two are single parents on benefits. Benefit rates are national so I think you are just making your argument up because you think I've been mean to fat people.

Vegan and plant based are different things. The irony that you are complaining about people being unhealthy because of there food and you are doing the same. You are no different than those people that are unhealthy from obesity. You are just doing it in a different way.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I don't care that you don't believe me, and this thread is about poor people affording food in the UK, not the US.
If you wish to discuss common complaints about reasons for being obese in the UK please do, I will always entertain such a conversation.

Oh well, have fun with your fat shaming thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That depends on what you eat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join