It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star wars episode 9 cast revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DieGloke

The salt planet was cool.
And the suicide ship scene was nice but it destroyed past events. Why didn't they do that to the death star if it's that easy?

And dont say it's in the books either.
If it ain't on film it didn't happen.

Well Star Wars is pretty much unique in that if it did happen in the books and other media then it did happen, its all cannon. So its cannon for example that Han had a wife before Leia (kind of) or the events around the battle of Jaku just like the establishment of a rebel base on Crait (that salt planet) by bail organa. It all happens and it all plays into the movies. The Solo movie shows this with the appearance of Maul.

So you might not like it, and I understand why if your just a fan of the movie and not the EU that your going to be frustrated at not understanding everything however it is wrong to say that if it isn't on film it didn't happen.

There are several sources that basically explain how Hyperspace ramming works, most of it comes from the novelisation of The Last Jedi and some other bits and bobs.

Star Wars Explained gives a decent account of whats going on with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

The last jedi was a flaming bad of dog poop on our front porch.

Are you some kind of bigot or sexist?

You mean you didn't like that the president of Lucasfilm used her SJW agenda to turn every male into a simpering, cowering buffoon--including Luke Skywalker, one of the most iconic heroes of all cinema--awesome and worthy of your ticket and product sales?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

a reply to: opethPA

The last jedi was a flaming bad of dog poop on our front porch.

Are you some kind of bigot or sexist?

You mean you didn't like that the president of Lucasfilm used her SJW agenda to turn every male into a simpering, cowering buffoon--including Luke Skywalker, one of the most iconic heroes of all cinema--awesome and worthy of your ticket and product sales?

It did not go far enough!

All the men should of been in metal bikinis and chained to the women with leashes to protest toxic masculinity and rape culture.
Poe should of under went a sex change to become a women.
There should of been a jar jar binks/ admiral Ackbar gay love scene.
Rey should of been able to kill all men just by looking at them.
Chewbacca should of come out as full vegan.

/sarc

Actually I hope that doesn't give Kathleen Kennedy idea's

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Maybe Star Trek will take her next

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not loving star wars. Disney should make and buy kids cartoons. This is like hustler buying the rights to all childrens shows.

Force awakens was ok. The rest of the new movies are garbage. I am not even going to finish SOLO.

Marvel already has a hint of poop to it.

Any new stuff that is still small and fan driven is infinitely better than anything that has been taken over just for the fact that it is not a stifled cash cow in the hands of out of touch dicks.

Watch some "The Expanse" or just read the books. Best sci fi story we have currently.

Star trek is crap now too. So at least Star wars and Star trek died together.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Star trek is crap now too. So at least Star wars and Star trek died together.

And yet JJ Abrams still walks free

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Totally disagree with you here.
They don't get to decide to be unique and allow outside sources to dictate storylines.
No other franchise gets to do it so they can't be special.

I don't think I'm the only only that thinks this way.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Gotta love the skirt..
TNG from the late 80's too.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Totally disagree with you here.

You can disagree with it if you want but it remains a fact, according to Lucas film, all official publishing and creations even those outwit the movies are cannon and as such they are tied into the movies. You want know why C3-PO has red are in TFA then go read the comic that explains it.

Thats just how it is so yes, if it happen in a book as far as the Star Wars universe is concerned it did happen.

They don't get to decide to be unique and allow outside sources to dictate storylines.

Errr.... yeah actually they do, they are the creative minds behind it so its up to them its not up to us as fans to dictate what they do and don't do. We can disagree with it, but we don't have a right to tell them how they should be making their movies and what should count as cannon in the universe they are creating. Thats like turning round to JK Rowling and telling her she can't do this or that with a Harry Potter character. It just doesn't work that way.

No other franchise gets to do it so they can't be special.

They could if they wanted to, I think Marvel were gong to give it a bash a few years ago but decided it wasn't worth the effort. For me its the best part about Star Wars, hearing something in the movie and knowing the entire back story behind it. That was actually the best part about the Solo movie, having watched the Clone Wars, Rebels and having read the Son of Dathomire comic arch I knew what had lead to Maul being alive.

Now that is super nerdy, but that is what it is.

If you don't like it, then by all means feel free to voice your opinion but lets not pretend that your opinion somehow makes you correct or that the creators of the universe should be acting on it because you didn't like Luke's characterisation in TLJ.

If it you have gotten to a point where you just don't like Star Wars anymore then just stop watching it, stop giving Disney your hard earned cash.

Me, I always remind myself that I am watching a movie about space wizards made for kids and I have a lot of fun getting lost in that world.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Guess we'll see when the next one bombs.
Ultimately it's the fans that decide.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yeesh...getting tired of this franchise

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They ruined it for me by having the most powerful jedi in the Star Wars saga drink Jar Jar Binks' grandmother's breast milk just a few minutes after his dialog started. So glad I didnt pay to see it in theatres, i`d have been pissed off.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The movie is a failure if you have to read the book afterward to explain the giant plotholes of the movie.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Glad I'm not the only one that understands that.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The movie is a failure if you have to read the book afterward to explain the giant plotholes of the movie.

Pretty much all movies have plot holes if you look for them.

They Star Wars universe is just bigger than the movies

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm so sick of star wars, and the stupid DC and marvel crap, are there no writers out there, is this all we have to look forward to, the lame rehashing of popular movies.... Ugh....

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
After watching a second time by less than legal means, The Last Jedi is the last Star Wars film I'll see until I see hoards of faithful fans of the originals telling everyone the new one is legitimately great.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I'm right there with you.
I will not pay to see another Disney turd.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sadly, Star Wars is just a platform to try and make money....tho in a way it always was, I'd like to think Lucas's initial thought was to create something amazing and tell a good fantasy story.....which he achieved with the first 3.

But these lastest ones??

A storm Trooper who defects to the other side....and is a very Black African!!

We were told in Lucas "Lore" that all the Storm Troopers were clones of 1 Maori, with a full NZ accent and all, now that was believable.....

Maybe the Black Storm Trooper is the one that hit his head in the First Movie....

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I find posts like this a bit amusing as a Star Wars nerd.

As I said before I totally get why its probably frustrating for people who are fans of the movies and just want to sit in a movie theatre and get the full story but the Star Wars universe is simply too big.

So for example, after the fall of the Republic the Empire stopped producing clone troopers and started using regular humans with the occasional alien. The book Phasma gives loads of details about how the First Order basically kidnapped children and indoctrinated them into the group. Again not using clones, FN 2187, Fin (whose number is a call back to Leia's cell in ANH) was never a clone so theres no problem having a black stormtrooper.

Honestly if you really love Star Wars explore the rest of the universe a little and you might find you get more enjoyment out of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join