It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta man charges gender for cheap insurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I tell people all the time, Insurance companies always have and always will be allowed to discriminate. Insurance has always been less expensive for girls than boys, especially new drivers. Let’s not forget about the age discrimination as well... This will NEVER get media coverage. The insurance companies carry power

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what are the rates if you choose X???

there are mathematical difference in the results between male and female drivers, but if there are no difference between the sexes, why are their mathematical differences... Is that math sexist or transphobic, i get confused?

All this is going to do is raise women rates to equal to men, lol.... not sure how this will be spun to be misogynistic, but alas it will be

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Equality only exists in the shiny new world, not the actual world that is based on science and math.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Clearly the guy thinks he's a woman only because it woulda saved him $1000.

That's fraud to me.

A man passing as a woman is fraud full stop.

Your either XX or XY.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

In a simple world yes.
But today, meh..
Canada says he's right.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's fraud to me.

So you would have no problems if i where to sell a ferrari to everybody for 1 dollar each, except you, for you it will cost 2000038248274673 dollars. Just because.

Would you be angry, if you would have to pay 1000 dollar, extra for milk, because some other guy who also happen to be name NEO96 killed a farmers cows. Someone then crunch some numbers, and found it was only people named NEO96 who killed cows, therefore people with that name, will have to pay extra for milk, just because.

Cause this is the same thing, people have to pay extra, because what some other people have done. Would it be fraud if you where to chance youre name, to get cheaper milk?

I think it is fraud to charge certain people extra to pay for what others have done. Or should we also kill all german people, just because they had one guy named hitler??

Would you feel the same way, if it where black people who where charged extra? Would it still be fraud, if a black man tried to pass as white, to save money?? or would you be talking about racism if that was the case??

IMO the insurance companies are the ones who are commiting a crime, when they try to make certain groups pay for what others have done, just because they are males, black or named NEO96 or whatever other "racist" excuse they can find...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: TinySickTears

Men have higher rates because they have more accidents. Makes sense.

How about changing young women more for medical insurance because they have babies.
Wonder if that would go over well?

It takes two to tango there.

Same thing with the first example. It took one guy, who couldnt drive, and then another guy, to pay the first guys bill...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

The simple market response will ultimately be to eliminate gender based pricing.

What will be interesting is who will complain about that later.

No one can if they believe in equality.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

That's fraud to me.

So you would have no problems if i where to sell a ferrari to everybody for 1 dollar each, except you, for you it will cost 2000038248274673 dollars. Just because.

Would you be angry, if you would have to pay 1000 dollar, extra for milk, because some other guy who also happen to be name NEO96 killed a farmers cows. Someone then crunch some numbers, and found it was only people named NEO96 who killed cows, therefore people with that name, will have to pay extra for milk, just because.

Cause this is the same thing, people have to pay extra, because what some other people have done. Would it be fraud if you where to chance youre name, to get cheaper milk?

I think it is fraud to charge certain people extra to pay for what others have done. Or should we also kill all german people, just because they had one guy named hitler??

Would you feel the same way, if it where black people who where charged extra? Would it still be fraud, if a black man tried to pass as white, to save money?? or would you be talking about racism if that was the case??

IMO the insurance companies are the ones who are commiting a crime, when they try to make certain groups pay for what others have done, just because they are males, black or named NEO96 or whatever other "racist" excuse they can find...

No No No No No, it's neo! Here is a better one.

Everyone is allowed guns, as many guns they like of any type. But because school shooters statisticaly use the name "neo" all people with the name or screen names neo only allowed one low velocity pistol that has to be registered and go on a training course in gun safety.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join