It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brass Horde

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have just finished reading this article and thought wow.I found the article interesting
and has some thought provoking ideas.There is a warning to this article but I wasn't
alarmed or disturbed by the contents.
raygano.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Seems to me that the ability to knock together a decent batch of cyanide on the quick is a handy dandy skill to have.

But lets be realistic here. Most people, even prepper types, are not necessarily going to have the scientific wherewithal to come up with that stuff on the fly, or be able to handle it safely if they do. Furthermore, realistically speaking, its much more likely that upon delivering the cookies and coffee, the fellow would have been slotted by the gang, with the intention of taking over his compound entirely.

The crucial thing is NOT to set up a compound, unless you are mob handed, armed and situated in such fashion, that without heavy artillery being used against you, there is no way for you to be moved from your position by any force, with any number of small arms. Either that, or your bolthole has to be so invisible that no group of heavily armed drunks could ever find it. An underground bunker, a heavily overgrown ferrocrete building, covered in ivy and surrounded by dense, dense bush, these are fine, because its unlikely that anyone could find them in the first place. But some plain old house, with a big fence, that can be seen from a distance of anything greater than ten feet away? Forget it. That is a holdout location for a group, not a lone individual.

The best option, if one is alone, is to be mobile, travel light, leave as little trace of yourself as possible. Minimising ones impact on the terrain, ones visibility, choosing stopping places and camping spots with an eye to concealment, and not being in one spot for more than a little while at a time, is a much better bet for a person with no group to be a part of. Any lone person in an obvious, permanent shelter or compound, is going to be under a greater threat, than a lone person camping out using proper survival techniques to stay concealed, cover their tracks, and avoid detection.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Fun story but the brass horde wins most of these battles. If you're going to prep dont let anyone know

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That would be how I’d go about it too, but I’m fully aware I’d be lucky to last more than a month. Those most likely to survive are tribes living in remote areas of the world living a basic sustenance lifestyle the way they always did.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I saw the thread title and laughed. I do my own reloading, and horde brass.
I pick up what others leave behind no matter the caliber.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

The article was not about ammunition brass! I also like revolvers
because I take my brass with me, I don't leave it behind at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Seems to me that the ability to knock together a decent batch of cyanide on the quick is a handy dandy skill to have.

But lets be realistic here. Most people, even prepper types, are not necessarily going to have the scientific wherewithal to come up with that stuff on the fly, or be able to handle it safely if they do.

Cyanide is produced in nature, here in the British Isles all one has to do is simmer some Bracken, the resulting tea is laced with the stuff, it's one of the favoured poisons of times past.

There's certainly going to be other cyanide-producing plants out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It was my initial thought when I read the title.
I did read your link.
I have nothing to add other than don't leave things laying around inviting thieves to come a snooping.
I did find this video yesterday that has to do with brass.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thank you for the wonderful advice. In an apocalypse scenario. I now know I should murder everyone in a group, before I steal their stuff and eat their food.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I enjoyed that a lot.

I think people underestimate how chaotic and immoral it'll be in a SHTF world. Bill Burr (comedian) joked that 'if you don't know how to fight, you're just gathering supplies for the toughest guy on the block.'

It's a good point. Maybe having poisoned 'hospitality food' is one way to fight for your survival. Nasty idea and all, but there are lot of bad people held in check by the laws and the police. When all that's gone a lot more of humanity's psychopathic tendencies will come pouring out. Life could be like it is in the Supermax prisons when they all rampage out into the harsh new world...

On a lighter note, I've been watching YT vids on 'get home bags.' Crazy guys with backpacks full of knives and medipacks. Some of them have wads of dollar bills to toss on the roads as deflections. "Look behind you!" It never worked with school bullies, but they think it'll work with people who are probably armed killers.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I tend to think that when the armed violent and evil thugs band together, so will others' band together in like-minded armed groups that will strive to survive and protect their members (even the most vulnerable because even the old and young have their place in a society/group, such as farming and food preservation, while the strong focus on protection and acquisition of supplies and necessities). A tribal war scenario of sorts may prevail.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Yes, indeed there are, and I am not saying that its IMPOSSIBLE, what I am saying is that most people will not be doing that. I also take issue with the notion that the scallywags targeted with said poison would not have simply shot the man upon receipt of the cookies and coffee, if their intention was to take over the compound. That is all I am suggesting.

top topics

join