It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to “look into” Twitter for shadow banning Republicans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Have to wonder what kind of dumb.clucks are running FB and T.

Zuckerbergs politics are well known.

And well Twitters headquarters are in San Franciso, Peoples Republic of California!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Twitter censors are ideologically biased.

It is not uniform.

If Twitter had one rule for all, "You can't say the F word" then that would be acceptable.

But when Twitter censors Constitutional talk and leaves all others, then it is ideologically based.

Which is still their right, but lets not kid ourselves that they are anything but a left-leaning company pushing a political ideology.

Who is kidding themselves?

They are allowed to be left-leaning and completely censor talk from the right.

People may not like that, and that’s fine as well. But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

I personally like freedom, whether I agree or disagree with it. Doesn’t seem very free when an arm of the US government tells a private company what kind of speech they have to allow on their platform. Seems like a complete overreach to me.

Maybe some like bigger government?

Then Twitter should be honest and say what they are.

Other social media sites don't obfuscate.

They come straight out and say that they are biased.

And that is their right.

I was under the impression that Twitter was supposed to be a platform for free speech.

I was wrong.

I’ve never tweeted but where does Twitter pitch itself that they are a platform for free speech?

I’ve never viewed any of the social media sites or forums as places where I can talk however I like. Yes, this site included.

My ideas, my thoughts, my message has never been censored here.

Just some of the words I used to convey the message.

I can’t take personal shots at members. If I feel like you are ____________, and take a shot at you, I can be suspended and have said post deleted. Posts are deleted all the time and warnings are given in almost any heated thread.

Then you're doing it wrong.

But that's okay. Learning curves are different for different people.

(See what I did there?)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Anyway, if you go to about.twitter.com... there is a big page all about this...

None of the above states political bias as a policy nor even a goal...so...
edit on 27-7-2018 by Jonjonj because: adds

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you president Trump?

depends which eye you see with .....

😀

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

PR stunt to prop up their stock price from sinking.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What's hard to understand twitter, and facebook turning themselves in the lefts version of a white nationalist site?

Literally spit water out on this one, thanks man!

Wasn't a joke.

Last 10 years.

The people that hate Trump want an monolithic ideology to run this country, and it isn't conservatism.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

PR stunt to prop up their stock price from sinking.

I don't doubt twitter bias, just that stupid arse excuse trying to justify it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Many years ago, I was a contributing editor to Townhall.com. I often "chatted" with others. One talk led us to Sean Hannity's site to carry on the conversation.

Hannity banned me.

The bastard.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What's hard to understand twitter, and facebook turning themselves in the lefts version of a white nationalist site?

Wasn't a joke.

Last 10 years.

The people that hate Trump want an monolithic ideology to run this country, and it isn't conservatism.

Dear Neo,

(How can I say this without pissing you off (again).

The democrats are the 'new conservatives' in that we would like to conserve our constitution. This current administration and it's cabinets seem to be trying to destroy it. Just giving you a heads up.

Sincerely,

Angeldoll

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The democrats are the 'new conservatives' in that we would like to conserve our constitution.

Except when it comes to Banker Control,Rich Control, GUN CONTROL, and preserving CIVIL LIBERTY and individual identity.

Conserve our constitution!

PRICELESS!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Twitter censors are ideologically biased.

It is not uniform.

If Twitter had one rule for all, "You can't say the F word" then that would be acceptable.

But when Twitter censors Constitutional talk and leaves all others, then it is ideologically based.

Which is still their right, but lets not kid ourselves that they are anything but a left-leaning company pushing a political ideology.

Who is kidding themselves?

They are allowed to be left-leaning and completely censor talk from the right.

People may not like that, and that’s fine as well. But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

I personally like freedom, whether I agree or disagree with it. Doesn’t seem very free when an arm of the US government tells a private company what kind of speech they have to allow on their platform. Seems like a complete overreach to me.

Maybe some like bigger government?

Then Twitter should be honest and say what they are.

Other social media sites don't obfuscate.

They come straight out and say that they are biased.

And that is their right.

I was under the impression that Twitter was supposed to be a platform for free speech.

I was wrong.

I’ve never tweeted but where does Twitter pitch itself that they are a platform for free speech?

I’ve never viewed any of the social media sites or forums as places where I can talk however I like. Yes, this site included.

My ideas, my thoughts, my message has never been censored here.

Just some of the words I used to convey the message.

I can’t take personal shots at members. If I feel like you are ____________, and take a shot at you, I can be suspended and have said post deleted. Posts are deleted all the time and warnings are given in almost any heated thread.

Then you're doing it wrong.

But that's okay. Learning curves are different for different people.

(See what I did there?)

Nooooooooooo.

Take my star though

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes dear. I think perhaps we would like to see crazy people not be able to buy guns, but the rest of your post does not compute.

Fondly,

AD

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Wasn't a joke.

Last 10 years.

I knew you weren’t joking, and that’s where the comedy was.

Again, thank you!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yes dear. I think perhaps we would like to see crazy people not be able to buy guns, but the rest of your post does not compute.

Fondly,

AD

Right because you need a law for that!

Way to protect that GD piece of paper!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
For the record.

Gun control is institutionalized discrimination not only a violation of the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Fondly,

AD

Right because you need a law for that!

Way to protect that GD piece of paper!

I think the founding fathers might have reconsidered the wording on that one, had they known our society would eventually be filled with homicidal, child killing psychopaths.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Right because they didn't have crazy people back then amiright ?

Gun control Act of 1968.

Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993.

EXACT wording.

TWICE so it's been twice as illegal for 50 years signed in to LAW bythose constitutional 'preserving' jacksnips. Johnson, and CLinton.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just for the hell of it.

Today we begin to disarm the criminal and the careless and the insane. All of our people who are deeply concerned in this country about law and order should hail this day.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Parroted by Clinton.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Huh? Twitter can shadowban anyone they like because private company. Yay Capitalism!

Trump can’t do a damned thing about it. Maybe if he really wants to make an impact he should stop using Twitter in protest!

He won’t.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Sheye

Huh? Twitter can shadowban anyone they like because private company. Yay Capitalism!

Trump can’t do a damned thing about it. Maybe if he really wants to make an impact he should stop using Twitter in protest!

He won’t.

You never know . There have been a few on Twitter saying they were ready to start up something different. If that should happen and Trump jumps to a new social media app.. they will lose a lot of business.

Trump uses Twitter because he can’t trust the media to get his messages straight. He should think about getting his sons to start up or invest in a new social media outlet, where they get to make the rules, and discriminate against free speech.

You Trump haters would all be in a flap over that though. Hypocrisy from the left is truly nauseating.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join