It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to “look into” Twitter for shadow banning Republicans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why do you hate America?

Why do you love fascism?

Huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Why do you hate America?

I hate your America. The one that censors, the one that knocks down statues, the one that burns books.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why do you hate America?

I hate your America. The one that censors, the one that knocks down statues, the one that burns books.

America isn’t censoring you, Twitter is.

Not even remotely the same thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Twitter censors.

It's only "okay" because they are a private company.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

link   

In case you missed it --

Meh. I was going to do to you what you often to me and others, but find it's too stupid for me to pull off.
In case you haven't noticed, it doesn't work for you either.

Peace.

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Addressing the important issues folks. Rest assured Trumpy's on the case.

The president tweeted on Wednesday morning that Twitter was “shadow banning” prominent Republicans. But just what is shadow banning? That practice is a method by which a platform or service blocks a user’s content from reaching an online community without the user realizing they’ve been banned.

In recent days a number of Republicans have pointed out that they failed to appear in Twitter’s auto-populated drop-down menu when users typed in their names, reports The Hill. For what it’s worth, Twitter has acknowledged the issue and says it’s working on a fix. Of course, this issue, though legitimate, isn’t technically shadow banning, as New York magazine has pointed out.

Source

With the many issues facing the nation today it's any wonder how the President finds the time to attack social media outlets like Twitter for supposedly being biased. Trump of course isn't the only one hurling accusations around. Other members of the GOP have made the same accusation telling social media outlets to change their policies.

But hey.....

hey look....

Maybe they're onto something I guess....? Maybe social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter are being biased against conservatives? Who knows? Still..... for a party and ideology that's pushed so strongly for the elimination of Net Neutrality and other controls over corporations I can't help but be a little perplexed as to the glaring hypocrisy staring us in the face. The one conservatives and GOP alike can't seem to see?

Eh, what do I know?

For the record, Twitter has denied the accusation.

Is it true? Is Twitter shadow banning these people? If so they are nothing more than an extension of propaganda, right? Interested to see where this goes.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In cased someone missed it.

Private companies are not allowed to discriminate.

Just ask gay wedding cake bakers.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh a personal attack, and on the first response? Well I guess that's all you can do when you can't address the facts presented.

Trump's tweet is on record.... funnily enough on twitter itself... so no, hardly propaganda.

What ? One can't state how they feel here ?
I get much amusement from each and every one of your posts.
Most times (this is one of the best) they are only a feeble attempt at making a "mountain out of a molehill".

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Twitter censors.

Exactly. We agree.

It is okay for a private company to tell you “you can’t say that”.

You can’t go into a place of business and shout obscenities until your hearts content and then become offended when you’re asked to leave. If you invite me into your house and I start berating you and you ask me to leave, you’re not censoring me.

Is this really a confusing thing?
edit on 27-7-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As a moderator (and you'll have to put your Mod Hat on for this) I bet you see many people complaining about ATS censoring here.

But you have language rules.

Sure, you "censor" the "F" word among others, but you don't censor ideologies, ideas, concepts.

I see that as a clear difference.

What is your take on this?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Twitter censors are ideologically biased.

It is not uniform.

If Twitter had one rule for all, "You can't say the F word" then that would be acceptable.

But when Twitter censors Constitutional talk and leaves all others, then it is ideologically based.

Which is still their right, but lets not kid ourselves that they are anything but a left-leaning company pushing a political ideology.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Twitter censors.

Exactly. We agree.

You can’t go into a place of business and shout obscenities until your hearts content and then become offended when you’re asked to leave. If you invite me into your house and I start berating you and you ask me to leave, you’re not censoring me.

By the same token you can't offer yourself as a free platform and then decide what is ok to talk about, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'll say the biggest reason this country is screwed up is because people don't communicate with each other.

They can't say what they honestly think.

You do.

Banned on facebook,banned on twitter, protested like Milo, and a slew of other things that should not be happening that fabulous free society this country purports itself as.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It is not uniform.

If Twitter had one rule for all, "You can't say the F word" then that would be acceptable.

But when Twitter censors Constitutional talk and leaves all others, then it is ideologically based.

Which is still their right, but lets not kid ourselves that they are anything but a left-leaning company pushing a political ideology.

Who is kidding themselves?

They are allowed to be left-leaning and completely censor talk from the right.

People may not like that, and that’s fine as well. But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

I personally like freedom, whether I agree or disagree with it. Doesn’t seem very free when an arm of the US government tells a private company what kind of speech they have to allow on their platform. Seems like a complete overreach to me.

Maybe some like bigger government?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Twitter censors.

Exactly. We agree.

By the same token you can't offer yourself as a free platform and then decide what is ok to talk about, right?

Yes you can. This site you are typing on does it!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

What twitter/Facebook are doing is EXACTLY why the first was written.

To protect political speech.

Ridiculously stupid?

Not even close.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It is not uniform.

Who is kidding themselves?

They are allowed to be left-leaning and completely censor talk from the right.

People may not like that, and that’s fine as well. But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

I personally like freedom, whether I agree or disagree with it. Doesn’t seem very free when an arm of the US government tells a private company what kind of speech they have to allow on their platform. Seems like a complete overreach to me.

Maybe some like bigger government?

Then Twitter should be honest and say what they are.

Other social media sites don't obfuscate.

They come straight out and say that they are biased.

And that is their right.

I was under the impression that Twitter was supposed to be a platform for free speech.

I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But to try to label this as a free speech issue or a discrimination issue is ridiculously stupid.

What twitter/Facebook are doing is EXACTLY why the first was written.

To protect political speech.

Ridiculously stupid?

Not even close.

Ummmm. No.

Twitter is not the government.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Sure was during the election with all those Pro Clinton bots.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join