It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to “look into” Twitter for shadow banning Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Addressing the important issues folks. Rest assured Trumpy's on the case.

The president tweeted on Wednesday morning that Twitter was “shadow banning” prominent Republicans. But just what is shadow banning? That practice is a method by which a platform or service blocks a user’s content from reaching an online community without the user realizing they’ve been banned.

In recent days a number of Republicans have pointed out that they failed to appear in Twitter’s auto-populated drop-down menu when users typed in their names, reports The Hill. For what it’s worth, Twitter has acknowledged the issue and says it’s working on a fix. Of course, this issue, though legitimate, isn’t technically shadow banning, as New York magazine has pointed out.

Source

With the many issues facing the nation today it's any wonder how the President finds the time to attack social media outlets like Twitter for supposedly being biased. Trump of course isn't the only one hurling accusations around. Other members of the GOP have made the same accusation telling social media outlets to change their policies.

But hey.....

hey look....

Maybe they're onto something I guess....? Maybe social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter are being biased against conservatives? Who knows? Still..... for a party and ideology that's pushed so strongly for the elimination of Net Neutrality and other controls over corporations I can't help but be a little perplexed as to the glaring hypocrisy staring us in the face. The one conservatives and GOP alike can't seem to see?

Eh, what do I know?

For the record, Twitter has denied the accusation.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
I enjoy your propaganda, it brings humor to my day.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

For the record, Twitter has denied the accusation.

There are vids of employees confessing to accusations ( maybe former employees)..
Unfortunately this twitter shadow banning is very real, and could be construed as election tampering, as it should be !

edit on 27-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh a personal attack, and on the first response? Well I guess that's all you can do when you can't address the facts presented.

Trump's tweet is on record.... funnily enough on twitter itself... so no, hardly propaganda.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Unfortunately this twitter shadow banning is very real

Ok. You believe this so what do you want done about it?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Unfortunately this twitter shadow banning is very real

Ok. You believe this so what do you want done about it?

I believe @Jack , who is owner of twitter ? ... tweeted they would do their best to improve twitter and look into things. That’s a start.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I want to remind folks here that the president of the United States is making yet another threat to a private company because he feels he's politics are under threat.

Take note, again.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good.
Close the whole damn thing down, it’s basically useless.
Not that I am prominent in any way, but I have been banned for over a year for calling out Liberal stupidity on there.
I thought about making more accounts to keep calling them out but Liberal stupidity is a 24/7 fight, I don’t have the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Alright then, do you think Trump is right then to threaten them with an investigation?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to understand where you stand with private companies and their rights to structure their policies as they please, regardless of how you feel.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I want to remind folks here that the president of the United States is making yet another threat to a private company because he feels he's politics are under threat.

Take note, again.

Pffft... maybe some conservatives need to get together and start a whole new social media app. Then they can play the same game as the left is doing on Twitter.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Good.

Oh, so you support the president in threatening to close them down because of this perceived notion that they're being biased against conservative members? Remember, we're talking about a private company here and their own policies on this matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Pffft... maybe some conservatives need to get together and start a whole new social media app.

I agree. Go start your own.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Alright then, do you think Trump is right then to threaten them with an investigation?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to understand where you stand with private companies and their rights to structure their policies as they please, regardless of how you feel.

I see your point, yet if a private company sets up its users with falsified info, they are liable for that. Twitter is lying to a percentage of it’s users based on political bias. That is wrong.. even for a private company.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That remains to be seen, and I think the law will be difficult to get around on that.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Take note, again.

The problem is that this private company has enormous outreach, and they censor on "hate speech" which loosely defined by the company.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

As a non profit there are certain obligations that need to be met, and banning certain "people's" free speech is bigly trouble.

Report: Does Twitter as a Non-Profit Make Sense?
www.investopedia.com...

Edit: OOps read the story wrong, there was consideration of being a non profit. That being said I would not want Trump looking into my business.
edit on 27-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The problem is that this private company has enormous outreach, and they censor on "hate speech" which loosely defined by the company.

So Trump is right and he should have the power to threaten and shut them down right? Is this where you stand or am I wrong. I certainly do not want to get your position wrong on this matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Good.

Oh, so you support the president in threatening to close them down because of this perceived notion that they're being biased against conservative members? Remember, we're talking about a private company here and their own policies on this matter.

First of all, of course the leaders of Twitville are going to deny that they are doing it.
So they are a private company that is discriminating against Republicans, pretty much the same way that other private companies have discriminated against gays, like the wedding cake maker a few years back.
There is no place for discrimination, private company or not. Period.
They deserve to get some backlash for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!

Threatened to LOOK INTO!

Lock him up!

Lock him UP!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wait so now suddenly, as a private company, Twitter isn't free to determine it's own policies...i'm confused...i'm shadowbanned on a site...does this mean i can sue for discrimination?

It's funny the way some people are all about private businesses operating free of government interference....well until the company does something they don't like that is...
edit on 27/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join