It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Unpopular is Trump Really??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My guess is popular enough to get four more years.

Only if the Russians help him again.

Honestly, the DNC has no real candidate offerings at this time, nor can they afford to run against an incumbent President in 2020. Unless Trump totally and majorally self-destructs in the next 2 years...the rural and Midwest voters will carry him with their votes again.

Financially, the DNC cannot compete in 2020. Common sense financially, they will attempt to get as many elected into midterm election 2018 and 2022. Then they will pool their resources into an awesome candidate for the 2024 election.

It is what it is! Tears are not necessary...a winnable and financially stable plan as above is what is needed.

I think the 2016 election proved money isn't as important as we think. Yeah you need some, you can't run for president on peanuts, but you also can't spend your way to the win. They outspent Trump by a factor of 3 or 4, depending on who you ask. They need to find a candidate.

I don't disagree. Trump was able to spend less due to he actually spent years preparing. He backed out in prior earlier run but that was actually strategy. He comes off as a absolute idiot but when one goes back in time, documentaries, interviews, etc. you actually can see he has been planning this over a longtime. He made sure all his ducks were in a row then ran. DNC will have to recognize this strategy.

To be honest, the DNC can only hope that Trump and GOP overplay their hand during the 2nd term! Obama came in off Bush and Trump had an edge over Obama going all out and overplaying with the ACA plan. most Americans are fickle pickers...only when choosing between all new candidates. A President has to really F up to not be re-elected for 2nd term. Most Americans will always rather enjoy an easy pickle over starting with a new cucumber.

I uh... yeah, something about phallic-shaped vegetables be damned. Um, I agree?

Edit: I think technically a cucumber is a fruit. Wow is this post gay.

Egad! Just realized and confirmed that I have fallen into a silly mud pit! Simply Ignore my previous posts...I am going to go take a shower and go to bed. Can't wait for ATS to put up better warning signs.

I was talking about my post.

And I was just joking. Mellow out.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Trump’s approval rating is higher than Obama’s at same point in presidency.

and again Obama had the media in the tank for him.

baltimorepostexaminer.com...

Whoa, whoa! Leave facts out of this, some people have a narrative to sell.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The only way to know how popular he is is the vote.

he won so was pretty popular even though all the polls said what again?

He lost the popular vote.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

So far, results have been quite impressive.

What results?

Please be specific.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Don't really care as long as we don't have another intern fiasco in the WH.

Really?? that's all that matters?..how did it affect you personally?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Trump is popular enough to have overwhelmed the Media Assassination against him in favor of Hillary!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So did Al Gore, so what!?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

So credit where credit is due I think you are the only member who as actually taken the time to go and find a poll that gives a opposite view to actually challenge the OP.

Now with that said however what would have to say is that the report you have linked to is based on the Rasmussen Report which is covered in the OP. It is a right leaning pollster group who regularly give trump favourable approval ratings which is completely at odds with almost all other pollsters. Not only that its not regarded as a particularly good poll achieving only a C+ rating. Furthermore I would also again highlight that when you look even at the Rasmussen poll It shows that for the most part participants report that they strongly disapprove of Trump in general.

Lastly I would remind you that this is one poll at one snap shot in time but when you look at the trend over all polls Trump remains the most unpopular POTUS ever.

Now sure that might not matter so his supporters, which is fine, I am just highlighting what the pollsters have been saying.

Again thank you for a decent response.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thank you.

a reply to: MRuss

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Whoa, whoa! Leave facts out of this, some people have a narrative to sell.

Current elections favor the Republicans.

2018 Ohio Special Election Results

Troy Balderson (R) has 50.2 percent of the vote with 100% of precincts in, compared to 49.3 percent for Danny O'Connor (D). There are still 3,300 provisional ballots and some more absentee ballots outstanding.

edit on 8-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Trump remains the most unpopular POTUS ever.

Now sure that might not matter so his supporters, which is fine, I am just highlighting what the pollsters have been saying.

May I remind you that those same pollsters had Hillary winning over Trump. I wouldn't rely on what they say!

Funny, I'm reading Trump's numbers are higher than Obama at the same time in their respective Presidencies.
edit on 9-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Both points have been addressed.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I try and not think about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Go to a rally like I did and find out

Massive amount of people filled a stadium and tons more were turned away

And barely anyone I knew wemt and I knowna ton of Trump supporters

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Popularity is Relative to a Particular Mindset . Someone who Recognizes Uniqueness in an Individual that stands out in a Crowd . President Trump fits that Definition , Ergo , He Is Popular Contrary to your Personal Beliefs .

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'd say that Trump is more popular than the politicians in the UK, other than Farage. Hitler's daughter merkel is NOT popular at all.
edit on 11-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

I'd say that Trump is more popular than the politicians in the UK, other than Farage. Hitler's daughter merkel is NOT popular at all.

Well you can say that all you want but in terms of what the actual data says it is not supported.

Trump is massively unpopular internationally.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Anyone Notice That Trump Is Now Tied With 'Popular' Obama On Job Approval?

Well, Trump is popular in the country he serves.

The latest Gallup poll puts Trump's job approval at 45%. That's the highest it's been since he took office, and it's up from 37% at the start of the year. Although you'd barely know it from the press Trump gets, his approval number has been on a slow but relatively steady rise all year.

Even more striking is the fact that the public's approval of Obama was sagging even while his press coverage was overwhelmingly positive.

edit on 11-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

There's no such thing.

What IS a thing is the Electoral College, and our Founding Father's keen foresight to not let a couple population centers dictate to the rest of the country via mob rule.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Anyone Notice That Trump Is Now Tied With 'Popular' Obama On Job Approval?

Well, Trump is popular in the country he serves.

Don Jr is that you?

Trump Jr. shares fake Trump approval rating on Instagram
thehill.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join