It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Unpopular is Trump Really??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Hence why I was saying take an average. Most polls are of a select sampling, and often show one specific view.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well whoever let Hilary Clinton run for presidency was an utter moron because she allowed an unpopular person become the most powerful in the world
I could even imagine Hilary having another run against Trump and losing

How unpopular was Hilary I wonder

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Definitely don't care how unpopular he is with foreign nations.

Only care about results.... we know he isn't an ideal role model President and can be quite embarrassing but he was hired for results!

So far, results have been quite impressive.

This. I didn't vote for him to be my moral compass with regards to marriage etc. Don't really care as long as we don't have another intern fiasco in the WH.

edit on 27-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: notsure1

The only way to know how popular he is is the vote.

Did you read the OP.

He lost the popular vote by the biggest margin of any POTUS in history.

So even by your own measure he is a unpopular POTUS.

She only won that because of California and New York. Luckily, those two state do not represent the majority of America.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Oh, yay! A popularity contest!

I didn't vote for him and I think he comes off like a smarmy MLM gee-roo but I'll be voting for him if the Dems run Hilary or Bernie.

New blood or death.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Oh, yay! A popularity contest!

I didn't vote for him and I think he comes off like a smarmy MLM gee-roo but I'll be voting for him if the Dems run Hilary or Bernie.

New blood or death.

What about Oprah, or Eric Holder?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Negative, Ghost rider! I have a strong dislike for celbritard presidents going back to the first one.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What on earth makes you think Oprah Windbag has what it takes to run your country. 😂😂

She’d constantly be on the phone to her boyfriend Barrack. 😏

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: notsure1

The only way to know how popular he is is the vote.

Did you read the OP.

He lost the popular vote by the biggest margin of any POTUS in history.

So even by your own measure he is a unpopular POTUS.

Yet won more States
Look at a map that shows the winner of the votes from each State
Looks fairly red to me...
A higher proportion of the electoral votes is all it takes... winning more States
Meaning more folks in more States voted for Trump
Thats what separates the mob rule of Democracy from a controlled Republic.
Folks that don't know of the election process for Presidents really shouldn't comment on "popular vote"

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Nothing has changed, except the world has grown smaller. The Electoral College serves the same purpose today as it did in the begging. Keeping densely populated areas from dictating national policy. And IMO the GOP talking points are relative even though you disagree.

The rural/urban divide is completely different then large state vs small state. It was never about keeping densely populated areas from dictating national policy. Virginia was the Largest and most populous state. It wasnt more densely populated then the other states at the time. Pennsylvania and Massachusetts had the same amount of electoral votes as Virginia despite being smaller. Virginia didnt really start growing like crazy in population until after the first election.

I get it re-inviting history is necessary to prove your fictitious propaganda but at least try harder.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In a thread about how unpopular he is the popular vote is very relevant. 73 MILLION votes were cast for not Trump in total with most of those going to one candidate that got MORE votes then Trump. If that is not an important starting point for talking about the popularity of a president... I honestly dont understand your position.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

In a thread about how unpopular he is the popular vote is very relevant. 73 MILLION votes were cast for not Trump in total with most of those going to one candidate that got MORE votes then Trump. If that is not an important starting point for talking about the popularity of a president... I honestly dont understand your position.

Then you dont understand the political process in the US for Presidential elections ?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I understand it fine. You on the other hand seem to be confused about the topic of this thread. This is about the presidents popularity. Not about the presidents electoral college win. (which wasnt the largest in history either so dont even try to go off on that tangent). The popular vote is the only poll we have about the president's popularity that cant be spun by pundits, but you sure are trying.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Trump is so unpopular that if the election was initiated tomorrow he would win in an absolute landslide. There are a lot of people who's political opinion has been oppressed by the extreme left, so they don't talk about their politics preference. The mainstream media in general is left leaning and in recent years are extreme left leaning. If you only listen to that then of course trump is unpopular but its not reality.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Dude, your pegging the unhealthy obsession meter with Trump. Log off, relax, let it go.

It would be like US ATS members obsessively posting Theresa May hate threads every other day...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CliffoCambridge

Trump is so unpopular that if the election was initiated tomorrow he would win in an absolute landslide. There are a lot of people who's political opinion has been oppressed by the extreme left, so they don't talk about their politics preference. The mainstream media in general is left leaning and in recent years are extreme left leaning. If you only listen to that then of course trump is unpopular but its not reality.

BOOOOOM, I said something similar to this, pretty much saying i dont trust media and most people i have talk to at work in my city, kansas, xbox live, at the very least 90%of them approve of what trump is doing and the other 10% are knee jerking steam boiling Bernie Sanders commie loven lefties.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well whoever let Hilary Clinton run for presidency was an utter moron because she allowed an unpopular person become the most powerful in the world
I could even imagine Hilary having another run against Trump and losing

How unpopular was Hilary I wonder

Is popularity a needed requirement? I would say he is popular around the world, if you disagree he is doing more than Obama who was extremely popular but went nowhere in worldly matters...to the point he was really bad...but hey he was popular. Trump was unpopular 5 mins after he hit 270 votes long before he entered office, so is this something we even need to watch, or care about?

edit on 28-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

What on earth makes you think Oprah Windbag has what it takes to run your country. 😂😂

She’d constantly be on the phone to her boyfriend Barrack. 😏

I don't, but others do. These are the same people that believe Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi are still right in the head I bet.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

As someone who worked as a data analyst for big pharma, I would advise caution in trusting any polls that you do not have access to the data sets for. Trump is popular, just by a very silent group (myself included) who do not want to be known because of fear of repercussions.

Trump lost the popular vote, yes, but take into account that people like myself who live in either NY or California have absolutely no reason to go vote, and hence do not. He is more popular now then during the elections too. I can start breaking it down for you really, but it would prove to be futile since you cant even admit that you want to stir the pot, and my time is valuable. Trump got 62 million votes, that does not happen if you are not popular. Polls got the recession wrong, the election wrong, and many more. Statistics is just our way of trying to make sense of noise, not an absolute and not always right.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Well that was because of the large population centers on the east and west coasts.

So he loses the popular vote but then there is the fly over states/counties where he won easily.
So the cry: "But the popular vote", take out the top 12 highest counties where both candidates won by the largest margins and then lets see where we are at. Isn't that the proper way to find true averages.

LA County is just one example.
LA Results

edit on 28-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

The fact is 2 million voters in California should not be a mob ruling over several thousand farmers in the mid-west, and that is why the electoral college exists in the first place. It's also why California has only 2 senators equal to North Dakota 2 senators.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join