It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Unpopular is Trump Really??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He's pretty unpopular but it goes down party lines.

Just like All conservatives will tell you Obama was a bad president and the liberals will tell you he was good.

All liberals will tell you Trump is a bad president and all conservatives will tell you hes' doing a good job.

Most intelligent people that aren't brainwashed into voting along party lines or blindly following one of the two corrupt parties will tell you that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

It's good not to be brainwashed. You guys should try it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think trumps numbers are always going to be skewed. With all the venom being thrown at him and any of his supporters people are bound to hesitate to show their support of him.

I have not seen any evidence of Trump supporters being afraid to show or voice their support of him

in any case these polls usually anonymise their data so it wouldn't matter anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Popularity contests are for the birds. The problem with popularity is most of it is swayed by propaganda, fallacy and groupthink, and not by any clear, rational thought-process.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Jonjonj

I am lying?

Either prove that or stop with personal attacks against me and address the OP.

Hold on, didn't you say you were just a guy who wanted a debate about the president? My opinion is you are using fake opinion regarding your premise. Now what? Where do we go from there here?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

if he is viewed as being successful in a good way then he will be popular

Successful in a "good way". That seems kind of subjective

Yes I agree that the president is unpopular among the masses based on attributes and issues that don't really matter.

If he were better looking and spoke and acted "presidential", I think he would be as or more subjectively popular than his predecessors. But that ain't gonna happen.

Popularity doesn't matter unless you can directly tie it to real issues.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let me ask you this.

Just to simplify things.

Do you believe that the American public have a overall positive view on Trump or a negative view on trump and why?

I believe that there are 3 general camps:

- people who will hate Trump no matter what
- people who will love Trump no matter what
- normal people who will judge him on how his decisions effect them day to day

If i were to use that framework to judge, I would say that its maybe 50/50. The issue with this:

- normal people don't have abject love or disgust. They have shades of grey that paint the overall image.
- normal people are effected by propgand...er, news and can change opinions based on the last news segment they saw (since normal people aren't necessarily intelligent)

It really isn't black and white. And its not like people don't make these decisions based on information that is relevant to their daily lives. Immigration is a great example...lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth for an issue that has gone untended for 3 generations. And at the end of it all, what happens on the border really has no effect on a New Yorker.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think trumps numbers are always going to be skewed. With all the venom being thrown at him and any of his supporters people are bound to hesitate to show their support of him.

I have not seen any evidence of Trump supporters being afraid to show or voice their support of him

in any case these polls usually anonymise their data so it wouldn't matter anyway.

We are more open now after the election, but there is still a sizable amount who don't say anything. No scientific data to back that up just anecdotal stories with people I know who lean Democrat. They just want to do well personally, no matter who is in office.

What a crazy concept.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

If he were better looking and spoke and acted "presidential", I think he would be as or more subjectively popular than his predecessors. But that ain't gonna happen.

Popularity doesn't matter unless you can directly tie it to real issues.

Jimmy Saville was popular. Hell, anyone can be popular if they focused on pleasing and flattering others.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sticking with my original post.
He's popular enough to win again in 2020.

Ask me again when I know who the dems are running. And he better be damn good.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
One could make a strong argument that the reason why low information voters disapprove of trump is because of the media’s war on him. If he were treated like Obama was by the media his perception would be a lot different.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Yup as I have already said, I am not talking about his success I am talking about his overall popularity the two are totally different

Exactly. I'm just pointing our that popularity doesn't matter much.

Why do you value popularity so much?

Sadly popularity does matter.

At least when it comes to elections.

Um, no.
Trump had a favourable rating of 37.5% the day before he won the Presidency.
So it didn't really matter what the polls said.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i agree with the general consensus here, countries like the UK and canada have such strict regulations against speech that it's actually degraded society to the point that people are associating hate speech with actual physical violence... and since Trump doesnt always use politically correct terminology, they consider him as being an actual nazi, or the next hitler- because they think words = physical violence. add to that the absurdly false reporting from fake news medias like CNN and MSNBC, it's no wonder many foreigners disapprove of him

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Generation Z will love Trump.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've been doing research into polls too and have posted a thread or two on it, and I can tell you while those numbers are accurate and do portray a fairly accurate picture of national support and views, as well as international, it will not get accepted here.

The reason is that the Strong Support that usually sits at 25-28% is the core support that will like him and get behind him regardless of what he does or says. And that quarter of all people makes up about 4/5ths of ATS. ATS makes a minority seem like a majority, but that is the attraction of this website. ATS does not get very many new members that are independent or left leaning, almost all of those are old members. Newer members all come here for the echo chamber. And the echo chamber will bury these poll results or analyses. Every time.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Generation Z will love Trump.

Yep - they will kill off the extremist left disease.. at least until the cancerous ideology grows again as it always does.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeanCepo

Cool so nothing to say about Trumps low approval ratings, just popped by to have a go at foreigners eh??

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kharron, where are you?
🙂

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

very cool! yes that and I also mentioned 2 reasons why foreigners dont like him.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Kharron, where are you?
🙂

West Coast, used to be in California, now in WA State. But I lived close to a year SE of London in Kent, and then about half a year up in Scotland outside Edinburgh.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: SeanCepo

Cool so nothing to say about Trumps low approval ratings, just popped by to have a go at foreigners eh??

Or you could say Trump's increasing approval ratings, depends on what perspective you take...
Like I said, if you really do believe in these polls then your conclusion must be that Trump is more popular now than when he was elected, right?

edit on 27/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join