It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Unpopular is Trump Really??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I look at the race for president like I look at bear hunting.

Two hunters are heading into the woods and the one is putting on running shoes.
The other asks, why the running shoes?
He says, just in case the bear chases us.
Lol, you can't out run a bear!

I only have to out run you......

Same applies in politics.
Obama would have lost in 2012 if the GOP hadn't ran a corpse and an idiot against him.

The dems better find a good candidate for 2020 or you're getting trump again.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

While success may increase popularity, popularity, by itself, is no measure of success.

I could care less whether any president (or anyone, really) is popular.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Jonjonj
And just to be clear: You aren't really asking about the president at all. You are trying to infer a position of the public.

Kind of both...

I am asking how popular the president is regarded by the public.

To gain an answer that is as objective as possible I have looked at his polling numbers to get a general view of how he is viewed by the public to answer that question.

The data infers that the public have a negative view of him, not me personally.

I have to ask: why would you even think of asking that question right now? Apart from a being a completely unnecessary question who do you think you are?

Admit you want to stir shiz! At least have a pair of balls.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It is not overwhelmingly negative. There you go again. That is your personal filter for information.

Based on the numbers, its is overwhelming negative, there is very little positivity to be found for Trump in the data sets.

Its not a personal filter its what the numbers are saying.

You are not allowing the data to show you what is true.

Which is what, the polling data shows Trump is unpopular, I am saying that he is therefore unpopular please tell me how exactly this is being misrepresented and back up your argument with a few links showing a collective of positive polling.

You can explain the data and your interpretation though by your own admission, you want to focus on the negative "un" popularity of Trump.

I actually went looking for a poll showing his popularity its linked in the OP the Rasmussen Report, its right leaning and its got a C+ grade so not the most reliable of polls but I included it anyway. Even that poll shows that in general people polled mostly say they "strongly disapprove of Trump". If I am focusing on him being unpopular its only because thats what the data says.

There is very little positivity to be found.

I did campaigning and petition work during the past election. I faced a wall of Trump supporters in Bend Oregon. No one talked to them, so no one knew they were active politically and in Trumps camp.

Good for you!

and I mean that, I have a lot of admiration for people who take the time to be involved directly in politics and issues they are passionate about however its totally anecdotal, its not subjective data that trumps a objective collection of polls for several sources.

I would say 60/40 split in his favor.

Ok show me the data that supports that.

Or is it just your opinion because if it is, thats fine, your entitled to your opinion but its not consistent with the data.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

While success may increase popularity, popularity, by itself, is no measure of success.

I could care less whether any president (or anyone, really) is popular.

Yup as I have already said, I am not talking about his success I am talking about his overall popularity the two are totally different.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
When dealing with polls, the best way is what real clear politics does, and that is take the results of other polls and averages them out, giving a better picture, that is a bit more accurate than most.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I have to ask: why would you even think of asking that question right now?

Honestly it just came up in a thread a few days ago and I was talking about how Trump was unpopular and it got me thinking that I had never actually really bothered to look into the data on that. Figured I would go check out his actual polling numbers and this thread is more of a summary of what I found.

Apart from a being a completely unnecessary question who do you think you are?

I fail to see how who I am is relevant to this discussion.

Nope, just a guy who wanted to spend his evening doing a little writing and having a little discussion about said writing.

I you disagree with me thats fine, but please lets not start chucking around accusations because you don't like the information in the OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yup as I have already said, I am not talking about his success I am talking about his overall popularity the two are totally different

Exactly. I'm just pointing our that popularity doesn't matter much.

Why do you value popularity so much?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yup as I have already said, I am not talking about his success I am talking about his overall popularity the two are totally different

Sadly popularity does matter.

At least when it comes to elections, the voting public vote based on who they like and Trust. I also think that popularity its fair to say is tied to success in someway, if he is viewed as being successful in a good way then he will be popular. This however is not always the case, he could be very successful in doing things that are extremely unpopular and this will impact his election performance, for example he could be successful in building his wall but this success could be seen as very unpopular and hence it has negative effects on his performance.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The EC is the only thing that matters in US elections.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The only real results that matter are every 4 years. We are a polarized nation, was that way Pre Trump and probably even more polarized since he won.

That being said, his core support has stayed solid. I have seen people who hated him, now say they like some of his ideas, even though they still don't like him. He's making more converts than he is losing core constituency.

People are even grudgingly giving him credit for things, much as it pains them to like something he has done.

Mid Terms will be a test, but remember, he's not a real Republican to even some GOP people.

It will be his policies, mainly economic, that will be his litmus test.

People vote with "are you better off now that you were before Person X"?

Was like that with Reagan and Even Bill Clinton.

It IS the Economy Stupid.

Everything Else, even Immigration and NK ect is just fluff compared to the Economy.

Even if he wins a Second Term, his numbers probably won't be great as Trump Deniers are set in their ways. Maxine Waters and Trump won't be having a beer together, not that Trump even drinks alcohol.

It's not like the direction we were headed pre Trump was any great period and the Electorate is very cynical now.

I was ready to roll the dice with Trump or Sanders, go figure that.

Europe hated Reagan both terms even though it was him who causes the Soviet Union to Collapse.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

The EC is the only thing that matters in US elections.

I am not disputing that I am talking about his popularity as president I am not talking about his success, other presidents or the EC.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let me ask you this.

Just to simplify things.

Do you believe that the American public have a overall positive view on Trump or a negative view on trump and why?

Here's the thing. It doesn't matter.
It might offer some comfort in the moment to those desperate to find solace, which is why dodgy polls seem to be used so often as talking points.

Let me give you some history.

In 1983, 2 years into Ronald Reagan's presidency his approval rating according to Gallup was 35%.
He had suffered, unsurprisingly, from relentless media attacks - indeed almost identical to what you are seeing now. he was an 'idiot', was going to 'blow up the world' blah blah blah blah... liberal media at it's worst (for the time).

The following year he won re-election taking 49 of 50 states in a complete landslide victory (525 electoral votes to 13)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I have to ask: why would you even think of asking that question right now?

Honestly it just came up in a thread a few days ago and I was talking about how Trump was unpopular and it got me thinking that I had never actually really bothered to look into the data on that. Figured I would go check out his actual polling numbers and this thread is more of a summary of what I found.

Apart from a being a completely unnecessary question who do you think you are?

I fail to see how who I am is relevant to this discussion.

Nope, just a guy who wanted to spend his evening doing a little writing and having a little discussion about said writing.

I you disagree with me thats fine, but please lets not start chucking around accusations because you don't like the information in the OP.

Sorry but in this case you are literally lying. Dude I used to respect you. (see how easy that is?)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sadly popularity does matter.

At least when it comes to elections, the voting public vote based on who they like and Trust. I also think that popularity its fair to say is tied to success in someway, if he is viewed as being successful in a good way then he will be popular. This however is not always the case, he could be very successful in doing things that are extremely unpopular and this will impact his election performance, for example he could be successful in building his wall but this success could be seen as very unpopular and hence it has negative effects on his performance.

Overall the Electorate Last Election had unfavorable ratings on both Clinton and Trump, yet they both won their party's nomination. Neither scored well on Like-ability or Trust even.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
we know he isn't an ideal role model President and can be quite embarrassing

What president wasn't this true about lately?

link   

I am lying?

Either prove that or stop with personal attacks against me and address the OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

liberal media at it's worst (for the time).

They're Still a fraud.
edit on 27-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think trumps numbers are always going to be skewed. With all the venom being thrown at him and any of his supporters people are bound to hesitate to show their support of him.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
When dealing with polls, the best way is what real clear politics does, and that is take the results of other polls and averages them out, giving a better picture, that is a bit more accurate than most.

Once upon a time, polls were much more consistent and used the same methodologies ect. Nowadays, you can have a poll say pretty much whatever you want by correct "sampling" and Framing the questions correctly.

Most polls have a Political leaning now. You can debate that, but the actual poll results show otherwise.

And people wonder why some don't trust the media.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join