It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Sand worms, Dragons, Towns and Vegetation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for those.

What are your thoughts about the "harbor"

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It looks like the result of a meteor hit on cooling lava.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
In the worm part of the video, at 1:24 thru 1:34, the top worm seems to change position slightly in reference to the background as the image is panned to the left. Was the entire scene taken at one time , or were they stitched to make the pan?

I thought that was interesting. Could be time/shadow/aspect ratio as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I see what you mean..
But I just did a pan from left to right, I think its just the perspective and the 3D simulated landscape that makes it looks like it

Oh just noticed there are some strange markings to the right of the "worms"
edit on 29-7-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Interesting features but I'm inclined to see them as natural phenomena just as you can find any number of fascinating natural features here on earth. What gets my attention in the high def pictures is the impact craters most of which appear to be ancient but there are some that look to be very recent events as well just as with the moon. No or very little atmosphere to slow down these projectiles makes those locations somewhat hazardous for establishing any sort of settlement there any would require the 'mother of all bunkers' for any degree of safety against ballistic rocks.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
No or very little atmosphere to slow down these projectiles makes those locations somewhat hazardous for establishing any sort of settlement there any would require the 'mother of all bunkers' for any degree of safety against ballistic rocks.

They could use one of the existing holes in the ground.

A Hole in Mars

top topics

<< 1   >>

join