It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor is proof that if you're rich you have different rules

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
If you're rich and famous the rules don't apply"

What about the guy that was with him, Cian Cowley?
He sure ain't rich and he got practically the same sentence. Only difference was he has to do 3 days anger management classes to Conor's 5.

So are the laws different for him too?
edit on 27/7/18 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: notsure1

It's ok . Years later I would get to know the daughter of the sheriff that arrested me.

Corrupted the hell out of her young ass.

Young as in she was 23 , not a child. I'm not a monster.

Yes you are.

Purposefully corrupting someone for the simple act of revenge upon her father when she is completely innocent of whatever it was that happened between you and her father?

That's seriously messed up dude. Give your head a shake, that's downright evil and vindictive. I hope the poor girl is ok and worked past whatever you put her through.
edit on 27-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

If it was coners friend then coner most likely let him use his high priced legal defense.

It's not the having of money it's the buying of lawyers that makes the deference.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
You are correct sir, STAGED!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

You got me all wrong.

I didn't know she was his daughter till after she changed .

I was just having fun with a hot blond that I met.

It was ether a coincidence, or fate or just dumb luck that she was that guys daughter.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I hope the poor girl is ok and worked past whatever you put her through.

She thanked me for showing her a world outside of her cop father and brothers rule.

We are still friends.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Apparently.

What's your problem

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You do know you can't nominate which participant gets your PPV money right?

And I'll put money on it that that loudmouth knobhead Mcgregor gets a bigger share than this kebab fella you're on about...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

You do know the belt holder gets a portion of the ppv buys right?
Thats khabib

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Apparently.

What's your problem

Hey you're the one with the problem apparently this is your thread.

All's I'm saying is a guy that has no money received the same sentence.

Would a person with no previous convictions expect to be jailed for this offence?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

He didn't get the same thing and he didn't do what conor did.

Think what you want.

Khabib time

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Look man, whichever way you slice it; you buy the fight you're supporting McGregor whether you like it or not.

A good deal of the money you pay is going into his (now very very deep) pocket. Money which he's then using to employ fancy lawyers so he can dodge justice for crimes he has committed (that would land you or me in jail for a good stretch) and continue to behave like a #ing arsehole...

Seems kind of hypocritical to complain about him using his money to evade justice and then going and putting more money in his pocket...

Whatever though man. You enjoy your Kebab vs Mcguffin car park windmilling extravaganza

I'm sure it'll be really entertaining

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Lol you wanna put some money on kabob smashing him?

Jaden

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

He'll yeah.
Not sure how we work it out but I'm down.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Jaden

He'll yeah.
Not sure how we work it out but I'm down.

Jaden, you think conor has greater than a 5% chance of winning?
How so?

I'm about to leave work but I'll get back to you. I want to talk it out

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As many have said kabob has a good chin and more than anything he wants to take Connor to the ground and he'll be willing to take it on the chin to get Connor on the ground I just honestly don't think he understands how hard Connor hits.

If you consider how Connor always gets in his opponents heads and gets them off their game what I see happening is kabob focusing only on getting a hold of conor and getting rocked once or twice which will be all Connor needs to do.

There's a chance he bides his time and manages to wear out Connor, I just don't see it happening with all the bad blood between them. Connor is a genius at not letting the emotions detract from the focus in the actual fight, much more so than most other fighters.

Jaden
edit on 27-7-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Publicity stunt gone awry...nobody counted on McGregor getting himself so worked up he'd throw a dolly. I'm surprised to see any charges filed at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

As many have said kabob has a good chin and more than anything he wants to take Connor to the ground and he'll be willing to take it on the chin to get Connor on the ground I just honestly don't think he understands how hard Connor hits.

If you consider how Connor always gets in his opponents heads and gets them off their game what I see happening is kabob focusing only on getting a hold of conor and getting rocked once or twice which will be all Connor needs to do.

There's a chance he bides his time and manages to wear out Connor, I just don't see it happening with all the bad blood between them. Connor is a genius at not letting the emotions detract from the focus in the actual fight, much more so than most other fighters.

Jaden

i think he understands exactly how hard conor hits. what i dont think conor or a lot of people understand is just how tough khabib is. i dont mean skilled. i mean tough. the guy is a legit savage. how he came up. where and when. the # his dad has put him through.

he is 25-0 in mma but has had hundreds of unsanctioned fights. numerous sambo and wrestling matches.

he is just from a hard place. that matters.

conor does have a way of sticking people as they come in but he is not hard to takedown and khabib is the best at it. he is the best at taking you down and holding you there.

chad mendes is a high level wrestler and he got conor down pretty easy and held him down and pounded on him for a good while. couldnt finish and conor got up and slept him.

i do not see him being able to get up once khabib gets him there. his wrestling is too good. folk style rides and cradles.
conor does not have the best wind.

you say conor is a genius of not letting emotions detract from the fight...

khabib is is collected as they come.

it is more rare with striking but for the most part of your grappling is super high level you do not have to have great striking. you can get by. you dont have to be polished because you dont worry about getting taken down.

garry tonon is a good example of that. been training mma 7 months. just won his 2nd fight in ONE FC. his standup looks borderline horrendous but his grappling is so #ing good he is tooling these guys anyway.
crazy entries into ashi. inside/outside heelhook threats.

mounts these dudes easily and pounds on them.

he is one of those guys.
khabib is one of those guys
gordon ryan is one of those guys(entering mma soon)

khabib has to worry about conors left hand and thats about it. his kicks are nice but no real threat.

conor has a lot to worry about.
takedowns
clinching
transitions
cardio

hes #ed man

my opinion

look how easy nate took his back and ratcheted that choke in perfectly.
khabib is far better on the ground than nate

people say look at khabib vs iaquita. he couldnt finish him... things like that

he has said and so has javier mendes that khabib wanted to get some time in the later rounds. he wanted to practice the jab in the fight(cause he was no worried about any threat) so he basically played around a but for almost 3 rounds.

after the 4th round you can hear javier tell him to go back to his fathers plan and he did.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So is Hilary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I thought Khabib's Instagram after the ruling was classic - #sendmelocation. He wants Conor bad.

Conor is all act. I don't believe he's a badass mofo IRL. I think he's putting on the show people want to see. Skillwise it's obvious he's good, not great, but good. He negotiated and wrangled his way to the titles.

Khabib FTW, easily BTW.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join