It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor is proof that if you're rich you have different rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm sure you all remember what happened.

He flew from Ireland with his crew to confront khabib. He throws some dolly through a bus window and cause a few people to miss fights. One dudes face got cut up and another got glass in his eyes.

It has been finalized. He pled guilty to 1 count of disorderly conduct. Has to take a 1-3 day anger management class and 5 days community service.

More of these badly written and randomly enforced laws. Has that been one of us average people we would have got a lot worse than that.

He can still get licensed to fight and the word his him vs khabib in Vegas in October. That will be the biggest ufc ppv of all time by far and I can not wait to see Khabib smash him.

Its going to be the best.

But yeah. If you're rich and famous the rules don't apply

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That whole situation was probably all planned from jump. If the guy had not got cut and had to miss fights he probably would not have even been charged.

look how many PPVs this fight is going to sell now..
edit on 27-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He flew from Ireland with his crew to confront khabib. He throws some dolly through a bus window and cause a few people to miss fights. One dudes face got cut up and another got glass in his eyes. It has been finalized. He pled guilty to 1 count of disorderly conduct. Has to take a 1-3 day anger management class and 5 days community service.

My poor ass that couldn't afford a lawyer got 6 months of probation plus 20 hours community service and 5 drug classes just for having a single joint on me while I was out camping.

Yes there are different rules for those who can afford legal representation and those who can not. It has always been that way in america.

If I had done what he did I would have been thrown in prison for a few years lost my job and had my life ruined.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

My poor ass that couldn't afford a lawyer got 6 months of probation plus 20 hours community service and 5 drug classes just for having a single joint on me while I was out camping.

Damm what state?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'd like to see floyd destroy him again but I dont want him to get the payday.

And that fight was pathetic, he couldn't hit mayweather.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I thought we all knew this already? Look at DC

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Didnt I hear something about Floyd trying it MMA style?

yep

www.sportingnews.com...
edit on 27-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Florida. Plus $800 in court costs.

Plus the cops lied and said they pulled me over in my car when I hadn't been near my car for three days. I was camping. Lucky for me the judge agreed to let me keep it, after I begged him not to take my license from me.
edit on 27-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"Laws are cob-webs for the rich and heavy chains for the poor."

It was designed this from the beginning. The system works the way it was intended.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Let's hope not.
Besides the pay is no where near boxing so why would he bother?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Florida. Plus $800 in court costs.

What a joke over a joint.. I live in KS and it happens here too.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When guilt depends on the quality of your representation and not objective facts, how can anyone believe that justice exists in the justice system?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's ok . Years later I would get to know the daughter of the sheriff that arrested me.

Corrupted the hell out of her young ass.

Young as in she was 23 , not a child. I'm not a monster.
edit on 27-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He hit Floyd a lot but Floyd was letting him punch himself out. Floyd will never step in the cage he is not stupid. He will get destroyed by any man fighter.

I only want to see him fight man if they sanction him vs rose or claudia or joanna.

I don't think his stunt was planned but when he fights khabib it will be the biggest man ppv of all time

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
When guilt depends on the quality of your representation and not objective facts, how can anyone believe that justice exists in the justice system?

You make a great point.
Its all #

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

He can still get licensed to fight and the word his him vs khabib in Vegas in October. That will be the biggest ufc ppv of all time by far and I can not wait to see Khabib smash him. 

Its going to be the best. 

And that is the very reason that

A) he did it in the first place (it's got you all hyped up and increased publicity)

B) can act with impunity (all the money he has made, and makes for others. Nobody wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg)

C) precisely why people like him will continue to do just that: because the attitudes of people like you simply means that the only real consequence is that it makes them EVEN MORE money!

If folks actually wanted to do something they could totally blacklist dickheads like this, stick to their principles and remove multiple enormous revenue streams for these people, and the system would respond in kind..

Or...

You know...

Give him another 50 quid of your hard earned money so, win or lose, he's laughing all the way to the bank, whilst the best you can hope for is some kind of petty, short-lived feeling of vicarious triumph if your goon of choice happens to flail his way to victory over 'the goon you'd rather see lose' in the latest instalment of ultimate car park brawlers 2018

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

you should edit that out. The ban hammer is quick on those issues..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I dont know man. He might not have won, but he stuck around a lot longer than many thought he would. And yes, he did hit Mayweather.

He clearly isn't the striker Mayweather is, but for an MMA guy to hold on that long boxing what is arguably the best ever from his weight class?

Not bad at all, I thought.

link   

Your auto-correct for MMA is man btw.

link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Big fight for khabib. He deserves it.
My support is for him

top topics

<<   2  3 >>