It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives back down from effort to force a vote on impeaching Rod Rosenstein

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

No. Then you have the chance to attempt solving those problems instead being distracted by Trump's circus antics. Except for increased foreign projection; that might be good or bad, depending on the world situation.

What's the difference between that and being distracted with the antithesis of it? Obama was one of the most scandal free and well spoken presidents of our time. The simple fact people felt good when he talked distracted them from the affects of his policies.
edit on 27-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No it’s not, nobody votes against their wallet or job. So far 45 has made both of those situations better.

It's pretty amazing ain't it? Trump is presiding as President over a period of economic expansion. Even though his tax cuts are a monumental disaster, the economy hasn't taken a huge hit from it (hopefully it won't in the future either). By all accounts, Trump's approval numbers should be soaring, but instead he is historically unpopular and energizes the Democratic base something fierce.

I know you guys like to pretend the #walkaway movement is real or that real Americans don't vote Democrat, but frankly its looking better and better like the GOP is going to lose the House. I can't wait to vote on November 6th. I've never felt more motivated to vote in my life and you have Trump's bloviating to thank for that.
edit on 27-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

You really did get more money back in your weekly checks? How much more? Is it just crumbs or enough to actually make a deference in your life?

And to be fair , yes I am in the bottom bracket so me asking this question is bit disingenuous.

But the reason I ask people is because my friends and family that are in the higher brackets saw barely any change.
The most was my sister who gets an extra $50 a month.

She says that $50 extra a month is not enough to buy her vote.

And she is a life long republican military person.

edit on 27-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Actually Trump reauthorized key parts of the patriot act. Except with the tag line, “It’s different this time! I would never spy on Americans!” Lmao. And people actually believe that horse crap.
www.politico.com...

Not to mention also upping the number of drone strikes from previous administrations and giving more control to the CIA and less transparency to everyone else.

President Trump has been in office for just 9 months, and he has already surpassed Obama’s murderous record with estimated numbers as high as 4,500 civilian deaths.

www.ronpaullibertyreport.com...

But that doesn’t seem to matter to his followers at all. Which is why it’s hard for me to take them seriously on pretty much everything else.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Some of those things you said are embellished, but regardless I'm not here to bitch about Obama's failings or mistakes. Obama hasn't been President for a year and a half now. It's about time you start holding Trump responsible for his own decisions. The GOP in the House appears incapable of doing that, instead spending valuable time with things like these silly partisan Impeachment episodes that everyone and their brother knows won't ever go anywhere. The House GOP is effectively spineless. Most of them don't approve of Trump's behavior but they are letting the sycophants and fear of Trump tweet retaliations keep them from speaking out. Ryan is one of the most notable examples of this spinelessness. He is letting the Freedumb Caucus make a mockery of House procedures.

This is why they will lose the House in November.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No difference really, in that regard. I'm just saying, now that we've seen both, one after the other, maybe folks are starting to learn something.

I'm not saying being scandal free is necessarily good either. Many of Trump's scandals just happen scandalize me too.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

President Trump has been in office for just 9 months, and he has already surpassed Obama’s murderous record with estimated numbers as high as 4,500 civilian deaths.

I had no idea about this.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hell if trump replaces the aca with something better I will even vote for him in 2020. But this kind of stuff makes it hard to like the guy.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: introvert

At least these shenanigans will end when the GOP loses the House in November.

It pretty much ended when it began.

Without support from the majority in congress, this impeachment nonsense is dead in the water.

The Republicans cannot even get together on this because it's political posturing and bull#. It placates to the extreme among the base and that's about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And thank God for that. Like him or not, at least we need people with a spine.

A spine and some integrity, which is sorely lacking among the GOP, who have created a huge mess with their dishonest approach to the entire issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have been thinking about selling my vote on EBAY..

5 grand ill vote for anyone..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Also, it's timing during the Summer of a very critical election year is horrendous. If they forced a vote then many vulnerable Republicans would be forced to put their opinion on the record just in time to go home and answer to the voters. And then that timing isn't going to get any better come September when they resume this discussion.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A shot across the bow. A warning to what's coming.

PAIN.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I wonder what the next carrot on a stick will be.

The Dems will come up with a fairytale on how Trump and the Russians colluded to steal the election. The left will go crazy and scream impeachment for the next 2 years.

Just a wild guess.

I wish it was a fairy tale. Unfortunately with every day that passes it becomes more clear that it isn't.
I wish they would go ahead and impeach Agent Orange and get it over with. He is undeserving and too incompetent to serve the good American people.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
LOL wow an echo chamber thread...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Also, it's timing during the Summer of a very critical election year is horrendous. If they forced a vote then many vulnerable Republicans would be forced to put their opinion on the record just in time to go home and answer to the voters. And then that timing isn't going to get any better come September when they resume this discussion.

Perhaps that is a sign of how extreme their base has become.

It does not matter what is right and what can be proven. The base wants blood and they will get it. If not, they will eat their own, label them Rinos and will move their support to the people that will bow to their conspiracies and stupidity.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

By learning I meant that Obama's supporters can learn that just because he is well-spoken and nice (or agreeable, as Jordan Peterson would say), and he has high-minded goals, that won't always lead to the real change that is needed in the long term. And Trump's supporters can learn that just because he trolls everyone and is hated by liberal elites and the media, that doesn't mean he's good.

a reply to: fredrodgers1960
DEUS VULT, BROTHER!
edit on 27-7-2018 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You'd think that Ryan would censure these jackasses and keep them in line. It's not like he has anything to lose what with him retiring at the end of the year and all, but man that guy has proven to be more spineless than a worm.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You'd think that Ryan would censure these jackasses and keep them in line. It's not like he has anything to lose, but man that guy has proven to be more spineless than a worm.

I don't think he can do something like that without pissing off more of his base.

He's already treading on thin ice because he is not willing to dive head first in to the Right Wing conspiratorial cesspool that others are swimming in.

Gowdy is in a very similar situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'll tell you what. Boehner must be dancing and singing about how he got out when he did after seeing how low the GOP has sunk to in Congress.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

hen Meadows filed the impeachment articles, only 11 of the 236 Republicans in the House were willing to sign on to them, making it unclear how much support his effort had

The spin doctor came,saw, and lied.

If only eleven people supported how did 'conversative's' back down?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join