It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives back down from effort to force a vote on impeaching Rod Rosenstein

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think it was inevitable that this would end up withering on the vine. Never expected it would of happened so quickly though.

The GOP cannot even agree with one another on this issue and Trump's own people are saying they have high confidence in the job Rosenstein is doing leading the investigations.

These moves reek of desperation and Rosenstein may have hit the nail on the head when he said the DoJ will not be extorted by the Republicans in congress.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

At least these shenanigans will end when the GOP loses the House in November.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

No but Congress is privy and so far they’ve received nothing.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hahaha why on earth would anyone vote for a liberal right now? Trump has accomplished more in 18 months than Obama in 8 yrs.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
again, so the people who want more information out in the public sector on Trump. are wrong for trying to get more transparency. Transparency is a bad thing because Trump is hiding something ...what...what...what

at-least we can see where hate begins and logic ends.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So then the country will go back to celebrating things like increased power to the Patriot Act, going after journalists with the Espionage Act, increased foreign projection, allowing those with more money to have influence in politics via superpacs and lobbyists?

Serious sarcastic rhetorical question.

link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

I think the big difference is that the white water investigation wasn't shouted from the rooftops 24/7 by the MSM. It also didn't call into question the legitimacy of the presidential election.

^^^^THIS^^^^

That's because Bush 1 and 2, the Clintons, and Obama are all Narco/Neocons, having the majority support of the media to sway public opinion, or squash coverage.

Trump is not a Narco/Neocon. Hence the fact there's an all out assault on him.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

No but Congress is privy and so far they’ve received nothing.

You really think that congress tells YOU everything they know? lmao!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It’s crazy how you guys are cheering for the unelected bureaucrats who withhold info and order spying while you Pooh-Pooh your elected representatives. It’s wild.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So then the country will go back to celebrating things like increased power to the Patriot Act, going after journalists with the Espionage Act, increased foreign projection, allowing those with more money to have influence in politics via superpacs and lobbyists?

Is trump putting an end to any of this?

Maybe I missed the part where trump said he was going to get rid of the patriot act....

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

No. Then you have the chance to attempt solving those problems instead being distracted by Trump's circus antics. Except for increased foreign projection; that might be good or bad, depending on the world situation.

originally posted by: introvert
These moves reek of desperation and Rosenstein may have hit the nail on the head when he said the DoJ will not be extorted by the Republicans in congress.

And thank God for that. Like him or not, at least we need people with a spine.

originally posted by: WeRpeons
...and if the investigation proves otherwise, are you and other Trump supporters still going to make excuses for this president or finally face the 800 lb gorilla in the room?

Woah, he ain't that fat!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Hahaha why on earth would anyone vote for a liberal right now? Trump has accomplished more in 18 months than Obama in 8 yrs.

Keep telling yourself that. Arrogance like that is going to make the blue wave even easier.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The Patriot Act was implemented by Republicans. Trump already goes after and demonizes journalists. Trump is talking about going to war with Iran (increased foreign projection, right?). Finally, Citizen's United was a baby of Koch Industries, noted Libertarians. So yeah....

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Is trump putting an end to any of this?

Maybe I missed the part where trump said he was going to get rid of the patriot act....

You must have picked up some sort of tone from me inferring that I was praising him... I assure you I wasn't.

Until a president ends failing costly wars and gives us our freedoms back that the Patriot Act took away.... I won't give out any large praise. Maybe a few ass pats and good jobs here and there... But not an overall support for their term(s).

link   

No it’s not, nobody votes against their wallet or job. So far 45 has made both of those situations better.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

No it’s not, nobody votes against their wallet or job. So far 45 has made both of those situations better.

Not for me he hasn't.

My weekly pay hasn't changed since the tax cuts. Has yours?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No but I think that Dems in Congress would have already leaked it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yes it has and unless you are in the bottom bracket then you’d has too.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Conservatives and Republicans are actually the same thing, huh??

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The Patriot Act was implemented by Republicans. Trump already goes after and demonizes journalists. Trump is talking about going to war with Iran (increased foreign projection, right?). Finally, Citizen's United was a baby of Koch Industries, noted Libertarians. So yeah....

I agree with you on all points you just made. Also, I'm not too privy with the GOP.

That said, Obama increased the scope and use of the Patriot Act, went after 3x more journalist with the Espionage Act than all previous administrations combined since the act's inception, bombed more countries and started more wars than Bush, and finally was the first president to utilize that handy dandy executive power gifted by the Patriot Act to assassinate US citizens. Basically I was saying I don't celebrate power in either of their hands as time and time again presidents prove they are there to keep the status quo.

So yeah....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join