It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly ICE Detention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

How many people die in German prisons due to ill-equipped gubmint bollocks?

BERLIN — The story had all the makings of a major scandal: A 24-year-old Syrian refugee, riven with flu and fever, succumbed in the small hours of Wednesday after days spent waiting for help in the cold outside Berlin’s notorious refugee center. There was just one problem: There was no body.

For pro-refugee groups, the supposed death seemed to confirm their persistent warnings over dire conditions in some of the refugee centers. Lageso, in particular, had become synonymous with bureaucratic ineptitude. Every day, hundreds of refugees — including many small children and their mothers — were forced to queue in the cold outside Lageso’s dingy headquarters to receive basic services.

source

Germany is to build more detention centres on its border with Austria, in the hope of returning migrants who are claiming asylum to the first EU state they entered. The new border regime is part of the compromise Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU party made with its coalition partner the CSU party and its leader, the interior minister Horst Seehoffer to stay in power.

At the moment the UN refugee agency says the top five refugee producing states are Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan and Myanmar.

Hmmmm, that list looks like the failed US foreign projection list.

Source

Those were both from quick searches. But I think it shows a point, we are not the only ones who are struggling with this issue.

But I can promise you that it will continues so long as the west meddles in the rest of the world. Every nation we touch soon has a refugee crisis.

So, however altruistic people think they are being by putting people into "safe camps", it's not helping them. It's just relocating their hopelessness. Whether there is an (R) or a (D) next to the next presidents name won't matter at all either. Until citizens demand we (and the west) stop going around the world and toppling countries, this will be a problem.

And I get that you are outraged that a handful of people died in custody, but I can assure you that number is molecular compared to the refugees that lose their life in transit.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No no, the hard assed approach was not pointed to you but the other BBQ stained tee shirt friends among us.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thanks a lot, Dick Cheney! We're either patriots and with you or silly little conspiracy theorists. Got it.

Ah, classic ad hominem.

Let's review.

My mission= Stop all US foreign projection. Post 9/11 the estimated number dead in the Middle East alone is over a million and possibly more. Which is the root cause for refugees in Europe. Stop the US foreign projection into South America (again, our policy has killed scores of people down there).
So that makes me Dick Cheney.

I'm sorry I'm not following the recent "US=fascists because we put illegal immigrants in detention centers" script. Truth be told all developed nations do it. And again, just saying we aren't handling it correctly is just distracting everyone from the reason it's a problem in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

It could be easily argued that a lot of the problems in Mexico and South America stem from the US. Would the cartels hold so much power if they weren't BFFs with the CIA?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Its patently obvious that the US Gov't isn't competent to manage its borders and or its immigration laws.

I would suggest they give up and just open the borders or that the UN take over administration of US Borders and Customs facilities.

Otherwise, this costly, wasteful and unnecessarily cruel operation will continue. And its also obvious that its a lost cause. That taken with the fact that Leftist jurisdictions like San Francisco and Boston are allowing or looking to allow non-citizens to vote in elections makes this charade of soveriegnty over the borders ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

No no, the hard assed approach was not pointed to you but the other BBQ stained tee shirt friends among us.

Well calling them or the US fascist will only make them more convicted to their stance and less susceptible to constructive debate on how to fix it.

I guarantee if you approach the debate by saying lets save the country and the world civilian lives, soldiers, and money by ending failing wars that were unprovoked in the first place, we kill (save) millions of birds with one stone.

Proclaiming fascism and calling people out for "being heartless" will at worst (in many minds) get Trump reelected, and at best get another Democrat who will be celebrated for toppling countries because they make us feel good when they talk.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I don't know if it's distracting from the real problem so much as it's conflating two serious problems. Worldwide mass migration stemming from US intervention and the complete failure of the US criminal justice system.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: WarPig1939

It could be easily argued that a lot of the problems in Mexico and South America stem from the US. Would the cartels hold so much power if they weren't BFFs with the CIA?

I've been trying this angle for over an hour... Tread carefully, I'm Dick Cheney now apparently.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I don't know if it's distracting from the real problem so much as it's conflating two serious problems. Worldwide mass migration stemming from US intervention and the complete failure of the US criminal justice system.

No arguments here.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So true. Why dont you go join the Peace Corps, or volunteer with a charity for 6 months. Maybe then your argument would have some merit and you could regale us with some first hand experience. No? Ahhh...no AC in those poopholes huh.

a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yo Dick....can you autograph my waterboard kit?????

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Yo Dick....can you autograph my waterboard kit?????

Sure, right after you come hunting with me.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the supposed death

... you're kidding, right?

A volunteer aid worker told police late Wednesday he had made up the story

your own source

Let's assume someone died, cuz someone died in detention years ago. That's still not three in a row due to systemic gubmint bollocks.

My mission= Stop all US foreign projection. Post 9/11 the estimated number dead in the Middle East alone is over a million and possibly more. Which is the root cause for refugees in Europe. Stop the US foreign projection into South America (again, our policy has killed scores of people down there). So that makes me Dick Cheney.

No. Your lables is what made you the Click Cheney here. Selective outrage for political reasons my ass, we're on the same page with all of that!
Except for the ICE issue, of course. And I have still no idea why you insist on putting me in this corner. Don't make me ask again?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Proclaiming fascism and calling people out for "being heartless" will at worst (in many minds) get Trump reelected, and at best get another Democrat who will be celebrated for toppling countries because they make us feel good when they talk.

Well, that's selective ignorance for political reasons then?

Let's call a spade a spade for semantic reasons, how's that?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Woops, I didn't read the whole article. I was just doing a quick search. You got me there.

They do still have detention centers though, maybe no one has died of a result of them, and that would be commendable.

And I haven't really "put you in a corner", more or less take a different approach to fix a problem we both agree on.

You're implying fascism is at play. That is going to turn many people off to seeing your points of view, and it's simply not true. There are many reasons we're not fascist, mainly we have no dictator.

You can complain about ICE till you're blue in the face. If 100 immigrants died in US custody, that is 100 to many, but still far less than how many people die trying to even get here in the first place. As I've said before, putting people in camps is just relocating their hopelessness. If we allow millions into the States, they will be competing against each other for a way of life, and many will get the short end of the stick.

Or... We stop our projection, stop supporting bad regimes, and actually make an effort to make the South American countries more habitable.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sadly that small phrase would make the conversion with many an impossibility.

ending failing wars

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
YO Dick.....hold ma beer! Its coming right for us!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: angeldoll

The Mexican Government needs to be held responsible. Emotions are irrelevant. This is a national security problem and not a humanitarian one. This is not the EU

There is not a national security problem. And no, it's not the EU, they might very well have had, or had a problem. It's us and everything is the status quo.
The unacceptable manner in which we are handling it is what's changed. We were led to believe there was a national security problem by a man who would say/do anything to be elected, and he created a false crisis to meet that end. "Build a wall". BS. Political tactic, and an obvious one at that. The system that was in place was working just fine.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Well, that's selective ignorance for political reasons then?

Let's call a spade a spade for semantic reasons, how's that?

This is what you're calling selective ignorance for political reasons?

I'll give that to you so long as you acknowledge I've stated it doesn't make a difference who is in power. I'm anti both parties. When was the last time their was substantial foreign policy change post WWII? (That actually lasted)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

Sadly that small phrase would make the conversion with many an impossibility.

ending failing wars

Eh, true citizen warhawks are a minority. If you tell most or at least many Republicans that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan alone have cost 6~ trillion while our infrastructure will cost 5~ million to overhaul I think you have a case.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join