It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly ICE Detention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's precisely why I made this happen for good measure.

A while back I made a thread about unaccompanied minors being abused after being detained. Nobody on here cared despite the fact that these were children that were being abused.

You realized your civic duty to put a finger in the open wound of this nanny state madness. Thank you for making ATS a better place regardless.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

Many on the Left, myself included, took issue with Obama's immigration policy. Once again though, it seems like you're just trying to deflect from the OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nobody gave a s*hit when Obama did it, he deported more illegals then any other president!

Yes he did. I'm glad you know that and admit it.

In the meantime, try to sort out the difference in procedure, and how "zero tolerance" has created the mess we now see.

edit on 7/27/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow, well said, cyber applause.

People are lead around by the reptilian part of the brain by the corp owned media. The R's and D's are on the same side, and are using this as a dividing tool. Help those who need it-return to sender the criminals.

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: WarPig1939

Dehumanization.

Definition:

the process of depriving a person or group of positive human qualities.
"the consequences of systematic dehumanization of one racial group in a society can be horrific"

I see you edited your post, but you know what you're doing. We are not at war with those crossing the border.
Special Agent Orange has convinced you we are in a massive "immigration crisis". We aren't.

Your emotions have gotten the best of you. Try to calm down and see the situation for what it is.
Other human beings are being killed and assaulted in their own countries, and it's human nature to want to flee. We need to find a way to help them.

edit on 27-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Many on the Left, myself included, took issue with Obama's immigration policy. Once again though, it seems like you're just trying to deflect from the OP.

Just because you dont like what someone has to say doesn't make it deflection, that word is being well over used.
edit on 27-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Nobody gave a s*hit when Obama did it, he deported more illegals then any other president!

Yes he did. I'm glad you know that and admit it.

In the meantime, try to sort out the difference in procedure, and how "zero tolerance" has created the mess we now see.

There is no mess, same # different day, my wife that's lived in mexico all her life, she's says its all crap, parents and children have ALWAYS been separated when caught crossing the border illegally, it's standard procedure to make sure the children weren't in human trafficking, there's an average of 20,000 children a year in human trafficking! is that going in one ear and out the other, people dont seem to care about this at all!?!?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Maybe it is a fascist issue and you can't see the bigger picture involved? One wrong doesn't make another wrong right, stinker.

What the fck happened to you?

I honestly think this issue needs to be addressed, I also think screaming fascism is counter productive.

When people say fascism it makes the buck stop with Trump, as if he is some dictator. Doing that excuses US foreign policy for in South America for decades that created this mess.

People have two choices, channel their outrage into opposition for the current administration, which will just get another mainstream candidate next election, and at best end family separation. Past that there will be no change in policy regarding this matter.

Or, people can channel their power towards a candidate that will reform our foreign policy (projection), and help those nations become habitable.

I doubt allowing an exodus of immigrants into the United States would truly help them. They'd more likely have no opportunity with that level of competition amongst themselves here, or worse, get taken advantage of.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Thank you and agree it is being used as a tool of division, and it's working. In other parts of the world also.

I wonder who is behind it? Who's goal it is to set us back, disrupt our form of government, and set us at war with each other?

Hm.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I just had a "pregnant" thought.

All of these folks who want to get rid of I C E, I know the simplest and quickest way to do it.

Stop encouraging people to come into the United states illegally and stop protecting those which are already here. If there is no function for an agency to fulfill they will lose funding and be disbanded before very long.

This would be just like if there was no more crime there would be very little reason to continue to pay policemen to petrol our streets, so the city governments would lay them all off and put more money into their own pockets.

That's kinda nice of you.

A drug cartel hunts you down for skipping the pot bill? Why bother with crossing the border when you could die sooner? Get some CIA heroin and do it yourself or let the cartel catch up with you?

Wait! A pragnancy takes 9 months, right? Will you come back at us once your brainchild sees the light?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Darwinism on display

You know you are breaking the law and you know the punishments

I would say that the people coming illegally from the south of America really aren’t the smartest criminals and Darwinism is shunning through.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Darwinism on display

You know you are breaking the law and you know the punishments

I would say that the people coming illegally from the south of America really aren’t the smartest criminals and Darwinism is shunning through.

Agreed

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Should have put those illegals in zipties as soon as they were caught and immediately returned across the border to the nearest Mexican border checkpoint. Those illegals shouldn't be held more than a day, ICE shouldn't be responsible for care of these people just deporting them.

If ICE is ill-equipped to deal with the problem, then more funding, personnel, and a faster way of deportation is needed.

If they want to become citizens so bad, there is an option of going to prison first like a citizen and serving time before applying.

I'm generally not in favor of authoritarianism but I find myself unable to disagree with your assessment. They're called illegal immigrants because they are breaking our immigration laws. The simplest solution is just to put them on a bus back to Mexico as soon as they're caught. Regardless of whatever living conditions they may have been enduring where they came from, that is really not our problem.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I would imagine if we look at the hand full (is it 5 or 6 now) of corps that "own" the media there would be some very interesting old money families involved.

What I don't understand is big money Corps like the super cheap illegal labor to abuse and dispose of at their leisure. They must want something even more than short term profits. But whipping people into a frenzy can lead to unexpected places- like Trump 2016.
edit on 27-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I didn't see anything in the article that said this man was here illegally.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: CriticalStinker

US citizen prison treatment in the US is appalling and is only eclipsed by it's cost and misuse (and in some cases profits). That has little to do with illegals.

If someone is going to be killed if returned to their country of origin then I would want that to be front in center when considering returning them to said killing field. If they are gang members, criminals (some would argue they already are-they broke our laws getting here), have committed serious crimes while being illegal in the US (and I'm sure we can make a very long list) boom, on a "bus" to the country or origin.

I realize it is easy to have a hard assed approach to this while sipping coffee and typing while comfortable. All cases are not the same-hence the backlog. Individualized cases take a lot of time and $$$. Doing the right thing is hard.

Kudos to you, great to have you on board.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

here [ UK ] suicide stats are profiled / gender

because 2016 stats :

mailes 16 / 100k
femails 05 / 100k

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The Mexican Government needs to be held responsible. Emotions are irrelevant. This is a national security problem and not a humanitarian one. This is not the EU

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I realize it is easy to have a hard assed approach to this while sipping coffee and typing while comfortable. All cases are not the same-hence the backlog. Individualized cases take a lot of time and $$$. Doing the right thing is hard.

It's far from a hard assed approach, it's a realist assessment on what is happening (at least in my mind). What I was trying to say is obviously this happens to our citizens as well. I also went on to say in another comment that this would further continue to be a result of our government on citizens and anyone the US is associated with so long as we keep the status quo.

I went even further in regards to immigration to explain that this is a result of decades of our foreign policy (projection) in South America.

Now, to sum up, people knowingly or not are using this issue politically and veiling it behind altruism.

Have some immigrants died while in custody of the US, undoubtedly. Do more die trying to get here in the first place? I'd say so, but we don't have a number to use for that.

This issue pales in comparison to the untold deaths in Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iraq, and Afghanistan (I'm sure I'm missing a few). So forgive me for seeing this as selective outrage for political purposes.
edit on 27-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Freedom and democracy to believe in!

You wanna hold the Mexican gubmint responsible for killing detainees with ill prepared ICE morons in the US? Well. You could try, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This issue pales in comparison to the untold deaths in Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iraq, and Afghanistan (I'm sure I'm missing a few). So forgive me for seeing this as selective outrage for political purposes.

We can find the common dominator for all those things within this topic as well. Instead of shutting down the debate, you should think about your achievement right there.

So I can't talk about this deadly occurrence due to the fact, that it would be seen as a selective outrage for political purposes.

Thanks a lot, Dick Cheney! We're either patriots and with you or silly little conspiracy theorists. Got it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join