It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that you're the laughing stock of political types the world over...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
It is a strange twist for Trump, whose seeming primary foreign policy goal was to get rid of the Islamic State, to turn on Iran, one of the Islamic State's greatest enemies.

I think Trump might not actually be calling the shots when it comes to foreign policy, especially considering recent cabinet and advisory appointments in that area, all Wilsonian Imperialist Hawks...

It's the neocons again. It's obvious. Trump was their baby.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looks like a SJW thread to me.

Have some cannon fodder, you are on to something there.

Few Americans today understand how the United States came to be owned by a London-backed neoconservative/right-wing alliance that grew out of the institutional turmoil of the post-Vietnam era. Even fewer understand how its internal mission to maintain the remnants of the old British Empire gradually overcame American democracy and replaced it with a “national security” bureaucracy of its own design. We owe the blueprint of that plan to James Burnham, Trotskyist, OSS man and architect of the neoconservative movement whose exposition of the Formal and the Real in his 1943 The Modern Machiavellians justified the rise of the oligarch and the absolute rule of their managerial elite. But Americans would be shocked to find that our current political nightmare came to power with the willing consent and cooperation of President James Earl Carter and his National Security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski; aided by intelligence agencies in Europe and the Middle East.

A straight line can be drawn between today’s political hysteria and the 1970s era of right-wing Soviet hysteria as Russia stands accused of “meddling” in American democracy. The merits of those charges have been discussed in depth elsewhere. According to the dean of American intelligence scholars Loch K. Johnson as reported in the New York Times, the United States has done extensive meddling in other nation’s elections.
[...]

www.counterpunch.org...

[...]
Trump plans to invest $1.2 trillion in upgrading the U.S. nuclear arsenal, including low-yield tactical weapons, directed largely against Russia. In a recent report on national security strategy, Trump said Washington will respond to the economic, political, and military challenges posed by China and Russia to U.S. power, influence, and interests by attempting to erode U.S. security and prosperity. “They are determined to make their economies, less free and less fair, to increase their armies and the repression they exert on their societies.

Trump has supported the 30,000-strong NATO rapid response force in the face of a hypothetical Russian attack. He has has called on NATO members to increase their contributions to the alliance from 2 to 4 percent of their GDP.

Trump has stated that the attack on any NATO member will be considered an attack on the United States and will be responded to militarily, without the prior declaration of war required by the Constitution. Not a single soldier out of the more than 50,000 currently on US bases in NATO countries has been withdrawn.

Trump has maintained economic sanctions against Russia for its annexation of the Crimea and new military invasions in eastern Ukraine. He signed the Law to Counter America’s Adversaries through Sanctions, which the Russian Prime Minister called a “large-scale trade war” against his country.

In April, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the Trump administration – in consultation with the State Department – sanctioned seven Russian leaders and 12 companies owned or controlled by them, 17 Russian government officials and one Russian state-owned arms trading company and one of its subsidiary banks.

The assets of a sanctioned person or entity are frozen and business with Americans is prohibited.

Trump supported Montenegro’s NATO membership despite its obvious irrelevance to US national security.

Trump’s critics criticize his cowardice toward Putin. They deplore every positive thing he says about Russia and its alleged interference in American politics. But they cannot point to a single thing that the Trump administration has done to diminish Washington’s overwhelming military and economic superiority over Russia or to deter Russian aggression.

“Trump is just the background noise; the enduring script of American national security is written by the Military Industrial Complex with the consent of the American people while its armored knight gratifies him as always with the vicarious thrill of power and domination,” concludes the reactionary Bruce Fein.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Trump supporters held their tongues for eight long years without a complaint.

Not a single one of them ever implied he was really born in Kenya, or posted memes like this:

(That's one of the few that wouldn't violate T&C!)

Sure, they disagreed with Obama policies, but supported them because he was the POTUS and deserved respect.

...that's why they refrained from claiming that Michelle Obama was really a man.

It was a tough time, but it was finally over and they are now represented by someone whose politics they agree with. They've behaved totally respectfully since Trump was elected and it's hard to understand why half of the country - who didn't vote Trump - can't follow their example and support his policies because he's POTUS.

At this point, I can only assume this post is intended as satire. Opposition to Trump is based as much on his destructive policies as it is on his unethical, immoral, and, at times, seemingly psychotic personality. Separating families. Alienating allies. Praising enemies. Fomenting trade wars. Increasing the deficit. Missile parades.... These are not policies, they are signs of madness.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

...and the worm begins to turn.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Say what you want about American politics, at least there is some consistency. We could work on being original from time to time though.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I think Trump might not actually be calling the shots when it comes to foreign policy, ....

Are you really trying to suggest that POTUS is just the public face and that someone behind the scene's dictates US policies?

THE best post I've read on ATS for a long time.

a reply to: neo96

Bad's bad, end of.
Doesn't matter if its Libya, Iraq or Iran....and its never done to benefit the likes of you and I.

Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump....different sides of the same coin.

a reply to: Osirisvset

Breaking from the left-right dichotomy that generates division and promotes the maintenance of the status quo is the only way we will be able to effect real change.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You ripped OP a new one.

This must be KO of the year so far on ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Title is a loaded opinion so be less empowered by the thought process to gossip like a busybody, it fits your face probably fully to the extremes not unlike what we see in the political arena on the sqawkers side of the crap pit

Note to others....do not be unencumbered by the thought process....refuse to be a victim of division
edit on 27-7-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Sumbitch! Now you're messin wit son a bitch!

GD it GD IT!

Obama said WAR and "Republicans" (wannabe conservatives) said "YES BIG GOVERNMENT across the Globe Please".

Then came the Harlem Globetotters spinning basketballs atip of middle fingers, all 1080 degrees like, orange jerseys I swear I saw it once, nobody complained about the CIA's Arab Spring, and up come that shotgun....

...and now Trump's fingers...

Ya know what, forget the 4th of July, I never seen a Western flick with cowboys shooting Chinese fireworks.

Argh. I just woke up.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Links?

I had some, but they fell into the vodka beaker.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Title is a loaded opinion so be less empowered by the thought process to gossip like a busybody, it fits your face probably fully to the extremes not unlike what we see in the political arena on the sqawkers side of the crap pit

Note to others....do not be unencumbered by the thought process....refuse to be a victim of division

The thought process of the Wakeup Call, mofos, dont get yer snip together, just keep being dooshes, right? Er left?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: randyvs

Links?

I had some, but they fell into the vodka beaker.

That sucks, I fell into a vat of whiskey once.
Had to fight off my rescuers.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Trump supporters held their tongues for eight long years without a complaint. Sure, they disagreed with Obama policies, but supported them because he was the POTUS and deserved respect. It was a tough time, but it was finally over and they are now represented by someone whose politics they agree with. They've behaved totally respectfully since Trump was elected and it's hard to understand why half of the country - who didn't vote Trump - can't follow their example and support his policies because he's POTUS.

Trump supporters only disagreed with Obama on fundamental political grounds. Every criticism came from critical thinking and was based on the available evidence and analysis of policy. Still, they disagreed with Obama and Dem voters, but they remained quiet and discussed the differences with maturity rather than hyperbole and anger.

Obama's drone strikes were despicable. Trump's drone strikes are an expression of American strength.
Obama ignorantly appealed only to his voters. Trump is fulfilling his promises to his voters.

It's mental illness to criticise Trump's family, but it was rational objectivity to maturely debate fake birth certificates, Obama's homosexuality and his wife's dick over coffee in the gentleman's lounge. Obama opponents spoke soberly and with measured thought whereas Trump's critics want a civil war, run around shouting "ree" and are deranged with hatred.

Partisan politics! There's less # in a manure silo.

As someone who voted for Obama and Trump, yes I held my tongue for 8 years. Yes, Trump has kept many promises he made to his voters unlike Obama. I disagree with both Obama and Trumps attacks on foreign countries. The only difference is I didn’t criticize Obama while he was president, but have criticized Trumps strikes in Syria. Proof is right here on ATS. I’ve never even discussed Obama’s birth certificate, him being a homosexual if true, or his manly wife until now. Anything else to whine about today?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

How about we stop the division between and just become one.

Left and Right merge to become "Light".

Oh wait ✋

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Outstanding!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Trump supporters held their tongues for eight long years without a complaint. Sure, they disagreed with Obama policies, but supported them because he was the POTUS and deserved respect. It was a tough time, but it was finally over and they are now represented by someone whose politics they agree with. They've behaved totally respectfully since Trump was elected and it's hard to understand why half of the country - who didn't vote Trump - can't follow their example and support his policies because he's POTUS.

Trump supporters only disagreed with Obama on fundamental political grounds. Every criticism came from critical thinking and was based on the available evidence and analysis of policy. Still, they disagreed with Obama and Dem voters, but they remained quiet and discussed the differences with maturity rather than hyperbole and anger.

Obama's drone strikes were despicable. Trump's drone strikes are an expression of American strength.
Obama ignorantly appealed only to his voters. Trump is fulfilling his promises to his voters.

It's mental illness to criticise Trump's family, but it was rational objectivity to maturely debate fake birth certificates, Obama's homosexuality and his wife's dick over coffee in the gentleman's lounge. Obama opponents spoke soberly and with measured thought whereas Trump's critics want a civil war, run around shouting "ree" and are deranged with hatred.

Partisan politics! There's less # in a manure silo.

This is so good on so many levels. Well done!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The people of Iran have been protesting their leadership. They actually embrace more western values than many other middle-eastern countries. Iranians are one of the most friendly and hospitable people in the world. If you compared Saudi Arabia's strict Islamic enslavement to Iran there is no comparison. In fact Saudi Arabia's religious beliefs are more in-line with the strict Islamic beliefs of Wahhabism which is the global source of terrorism.

My wife's a high school teacher in our local public school. Many of her middle-eastern students talk to her about the strict form of Islam Saudi Arabia practices. She's conveyed to me that many of these Islamic kids and their parents don't look upon Saudi Arabia in a favorable light.

So we should ask ourselves, why do we even consider Saudi Arabia our friend when they have one of the worst human rights record in the world and their skewed Islamic beliefs fuels world terrorism??

Iran's leadership and disdain for Israel is the main reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reading this thread, one might think that Trump is bombing Iran.

Not so long ago, we were being told that Trump would have us at war with North Korea. Instead, NK has suspended nuclear weapons testing, missile testing and has returned remains of KIA from the Korean War.

Seems to me that some might need a dose of meds, you know, the kind of medicine that lets reality sneak through.
edit on b000000312018-07-27T10:36:19-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 27 Jul 2018 10:36:19 -05001000000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join