It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump could attack Iran within next month (ABC Australia), Irans not amused, oil tanker bombed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That was my same exact thought

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Anything related to the Saudis is fair game to the Houthis. They already issued threats to the entire Gulf coalition participating that none of their capitols are safe, and allegedly launched a failed attack on the airport in Abu Dhabi UAE. Dr UAE would certainly have more intimate knowledge on the subject, but he tends to be low key and does not usually discuss what is going on in his home state.

‘From now on, your capitals are no longer safe’ Houthis to Saudi-led Arab Coalition.

In fact, im going to amp this up and run a thread titled "Iran threatens entire Gulf Cooperation Council by Proxy"

we need those bombs falling asap if the production lines are to keep people employed and churning out dividends.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I fail to believe the US needs Australia's help in identifying Iranian targets.

Yeah, I don't think its actually Australia's "help" they need... its more Australia's location, which is a strategically vital part of the US's intelligence gathering capabilities in the eastern hemisphere.

Pine Gap

Anyway, I don't know if the claims are true or not. But I gotta say, it does seem like US and Australian relations have been at an all time low since Trump was elected... ever since my lifetime at least.

Its been nearly 2 years and Trumps still refusing to appoint a US ambassador to Australia, which has been called a "diplomatic insult" by some politicians.

I don't know, just spit balling here... but maybe this intelligence has been deliberately leaked by the Australian government, as a kind of 'well screw you too' message to the Trump administration.

Trump isn't refusing to appoint an ambassador. Let me explain something.

While the Democrats don't have the numbers in the Senate to actually block presidential appointments, there is a procedural rule they can use to drag a confirmation process out. They have been doing this for literally every single nominee, even ones they plan to vote for, basically just as a childish temper-tantrum to say "# you" to Trump. This has created a huge backlog of appointments waiting for confirmation. It's gotten so long, the administration has stopped adding new appointments to the backlog.

What's the point? Each one is taking x number of days, so even if you add a new one now, he/she won't even begin their confirmation process until the Senate works through the backlog. Why waste the President and his staff's time vetting names for more nominations when ones you nominated months ago still haven't been confirmed? They're spending their time on other things, and when the nominations get whittled down they can revisit that and add more.

So it's not that he's refusing to appoint an ambassador, there's just no point in doing it right now while the Democrats are holding up hundreds of nominations, dragging each one out to the maximum number of days allowed by procedure.

ETA: Just so you don't have to take my word for it:

One tool they’ve latched onto is the cloture process. Rather than allowing the Senate to directly proceed to a vote on a nominee as used to be the norm, Democrats are using this to force up to 30 hours of debate on a nominee, even when that “debate” consists of an empty Senate chamber or senators talking about unrelated topics. In many cases, dozens of hours of the Senate’s time have been wasted “debating” nominees who have unanimous support, simply letting the clock run down without mentioning the nominee once.

By insisting on going through the cloture process for nearly every nominee, Democrats have slowed confirmations to a glacial pace. Their plan is to slow the confirmation of qualified Republican nominees so that they can preserve liberal dominance of the courts.

Source

This particular article is about court appointments, but the same procedure applies to all other appointments that require Senate confirmation.
edit on 27 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

We are not fans of Iran . We are working to rid the Iranian people of their puppet masters . Sorry about the collateral damage .

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

That's up to the Iranian people isn't it?.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

That's up to the Iranian people isn't it?.

Indications are that the Iranian people want their leadership to change. It's not like they have Democratic elections there. They have "elections" but they're widely believed to be a farce.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

how dare Iranians try to have a say in things that happen in their own neighborhood!

Yeah, I don't see why there's so much hate in this country for Iran, I think it's mostly dumb people falling for propaganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

how dare Iranians try to have a say in things that happen in their own neighborhood!

Yeah, I don't see why there's so much hate in this country for Iran, I think it's mostly dumb people falling for propaganda.

It's mostly hate for their wacko leaders.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The situation seems to stabilize.

By MarEx 2018-08-06 15:21:50 Saudi Aramco has resumed shipments of crude oil from its Persian Gulf terminals through the Strait of Bab el-Mandeb, a strategic choke point between the Arabian Gulf and the Red Sea. The state oil firm had temporarily halted its use of the strait on July 25, when Houthi rebels attacked two of its tankers off the port of Hodeidah, Yemen.
www.maritime-executive.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join