It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump could attack Iran within next month (ABC Australia), Irans not amused, oil tanker bombed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A wartime president is almost certain to win re-election.

Just putting that out there. Not that I think that’s what is happening right now, just that I’m sure that isn’t lost on Trump when making policy decisions.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I fail to believe the US needs Australia's help in identifying Iranian targets.

The British commonwealth will tell America who to attack and when.

Thats kind of how this works with the British being the larger and more powerfull empire.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A wartime president is almost certain to win re-election.

I can't imagine war with Iran would be a popular one.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I can't imagine war with Iran would be a popular one.

Don't know why that should be a problem, as long as there are no casualty counts or shots of coffins coming home on the news. Now, it there was a war with Iran and they cancelled "Dancing with the Stars", all bets are off!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Don't know why that should be a problem, as long as there are no casualty counts or shots of coffins coming home on the news.

Looking back at recent success rate I don't see why we couldn't accomplish a quick, cheap, zero causality war against a country that has a military might we haven't seen since, IDK, Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Looking back at recent success rate I don't see why we couldn't accomplish a quick, cheap, zero causality war against a country that has a military might we haven't seen since, IDK, Vietnam.

Vietnam? Very good point! You can't argue with success. The Vietnamese never managed a landing at San Francisco. And there's a lot more reason to go after Iran, since there are brown people and oil involved. We also must protect New York City. Have you seen some of those Iranian speedboats?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: greyhat
Seems the US / Iran conflict is heating up very quick.

Iran is the next focus for the world media now all the other deviant nations have been eliminated or bought off. They've kidnapped one of our British people and show no sign of letting her go. Iran spreads political influence and terror well outside its borders and needs bringing to heel. No good can come of letting Iran threaten other countries and destabilise whole regions. When the USA takes out Iran it will have much of the sensible world on its side

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

Yeah, no doubt, the person who declared that WAR WILL BE MURDERED definitely said it like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Iran spreads political influence and terror well outside its borders and needs bringing to heel. No good can come of letting Iran threaten other countries and destabilise whole regions"

Is'nt this exactly what America is doing?

edit on 27/7/18 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There been murmurs that Trump is gonna start a war with Iran any day now for about a year and a half?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Isn't this exactly what America is doing?

No, big difference. America is not threatening anybody. America just goes in there and starts bombing. Also, you fail to see the distinction between good regional destabilization and bad regional destablization. Put it this way: one man's hospital reduced to rubble is a war crime, but another man's collateral damage, or one man's ISIS monster is another man's freedom fighter. You also could wakeup one day, read the news and find Iran has, overnight, snatched your freedoms. Get with it!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"Iran spreads political influence and terror well outside its borders and needs bringing to heel. No good can come of letting Iran threaten other countries and destabilise whole regions"

Is'nt this exactly what America is doing?

Yeah for sure it does, all power centres do it
But I'd rather live under than influence of the USA than Iran and that goes for our allies in the region too who we need to stand shoulder to shoulder with. Iran is a menace to the region and needs to be stopped one way or another.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Isn't this exactly what America is doing?

No, big difference. America is not threatening anybody. America just goes in there and starts bombing. Also, you fail to see the distinction between good regional destabilization and bad regional destablization. Put it this way: one man's hospital reduced to rubble is a war crime, but another man's collateral damage, or one man's ISIS monster is another man's freedom fighter. You also could wakeup one day, read the news and find Iran has, overnight, snatched your freedoms. Get with it!

So. If America bomb a hospital it's collateral damage?
If someone else does it's a war crime?

Get with it you say?
To that kind of thinking no thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Remember before the election when "Russia isn't bothering anybody" was a talking point?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So. If America bomb a hospital it's collateral damage?
If someone else does it's a war crime?

Get with it you say?
To that kind of thinking no thanks

Uh... Sorry, but you seem to have taken that quite literally and seriously. No offense, just trying to help, maybe you were a crack baby or it's a Rain Man sort of thing, but the intent was to illustrate the lame hypocrisy in play. But for your benefit, since I doubt this escaped anybody else, death is death, unnecessary war is unnecessary war, the aggressor is the aggressor, destabilized is destabilized, murder is murder, rubble is rubble, a psychopath is a psychopath, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseam. Is that better? (Since I'm a terrible artist and couldn't draw you a picture, I hope so.)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Why should I be jealous Gothmog there is nothing to be jealous of...!?

"shrugs"

Lags

Because according to American logic, any foreigner who points out any drawback or failing regarding America is secretly grinding against the US flag in bed at night because forbidden love.

Or some ridiculous nonsensical s# like that.

To hell with that warped mindset, we suck and we suck often on a world stage. A lot of the failed countries out there right now are OUR doing. But MURICA, F# YEAH!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: greyhat

Trump needs another distraction to keep the focus away from himself and he wants to stay in power. A war solves both issues. As another poster alluded, wartime Presidents stay in power.

Its a strange situation. Either Trump plays poker or he feels he is "sent by god".

The Russians offered Israel what they want, but that doesnt seem to be enough anymore.

"Bashar Assad keeps his office and remains an ally in the region. Weapons supplies to Hezbollah via the territory of Syria will have to be frozen.

Israel's recent evacuation of White Helmets from Syria shows that the agreements are being implemented."

www.pravdareport.com...

9/13: "* Bomb identified terrorist training camps and facilities in any country
harboring terrorists. Interdict the supply lines to terrorist
organizations, including but not limited to those between Damascus and
Beirut that permit Iran to use Lebanon as a terrorist base."

archive.is...
edit on 27-7-2018 by greyhat because: .

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

I agree. It's probably fake news.
Australia only has a population of near 23 million.

It's not so much about how many people live there. It's just that if the US can't attack Iran without Australia's help identifying the targets, our military must be in worse shape than I thought.

Yeah its called Pine Gap, look it up...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset

originally posted by: NJE777

I agree. It's probably fake news.
Australia only has a population of near 23 million.

It's not so much about how many people live there. It's just that if the US can't attack Iran without Australia's help identifying the targets, our military must be in worse shape than I thought.

Yeah its called Pine Gap, look it up...

Here ya go, a few snippets from Wiki(I.e "safe version")....

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for an Australian Earth station approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) south-west of the town of Alice Springs, Northern Territory in the centre of Australia which is operated by both Australia and the United States. Since 1988, it has been officially called the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap (JDFPG); previously, it was known as Joint Defence Space Research Facility.

Partly run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the station is a key contributor to the NSA's global interception effort, which included the ECHELON program.[2][3][4][5] The unclassified cover term for the NSA facility at Pine Gap is RAINFALL

The facility consists of a large computer complex with 14 radomes protecting antennas and has over 800 employees. A long-term NSA employee at Pine Gap, David Rosenberg, indicated that the chief of the facility at the time of his service was a CIA officer.

The location is strategically significant because it controls United States spy satellites as they pass over one-third of the globe which includes China, the Asian parts of Russia and the Middle East.

Ball described the facility as the ground control and processing station for geosynchronous satellites engaged in signals intelligence collection, outlining four categories of signals collected:

telemetry from advanced weapons development, such as ballistic missiles, used for arms control verification;
signals from anti-missile and anti-aircraft radars;
transmissions intended for communications satellites; and
microwave emissions, such as long-distance telephone calls.

in 1999, an area in Pine Gap was set aside for the United States Air Force's control station for Defense Support Program satellites that monitor heat emissions from missiles, giving first warning of ballistic missile launches. In 2004, the base began operating a new satellite system known as the Space-Based Infrared System, which is a vital element of US missile defense.

One of the station's primary functions is to locate radio signals in the world's Eastern Hemisphere, with the collected information fed into the U.S. drone program.

On 11 July 2013, documents revealed through former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, showed that Pine Gap, amongst three other locations in Australia and one in New Zealand, contributed to the NSA's global collection of internet and telephone communications, which involves systems like XKEYSCORE.[17] According to other Snowden documents published in August 2017, Pine Gap is used as a ground station for spy satellites on two different missions:[6]

Mission 7600 with 2 geosynchronous satellites, which in 2005 provided "continuous coverage of the majority of the Eurasian landmass and Africa."
Mission 8300 with 4 geosynchronous satellites that covered the former Soviet Union, China, South Asia, East Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and territories in the Atlantic Ocean.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't think its actually Australia's "help" they need... its more Australia's location, which is a strategically vital part of the US's intelligence gathering capabilities in the eastern hemisphere.

Pine Gap

Anyway, I don't know if the claims are true or not. But I gotta say, it does seem like US and Australian relations have been at an all time low since Trump was elected... ever since my lifetime at least.

Its been nearly 2 years and Trumps still refusing to appoint a US ambassador to Australia, which has been called a "diplomatic insult" by some politicians.

I don't know, just spit balling here... but maybe this intelligence has been deliberately leaked by the Australian government, as a kind of 'well screw you too' message to the Trump administration.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join