It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Aims to Dictate Your Vitamin Dosages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I had some health problems due to my diet. First thing was I was eating pizza (lots of cheese = lots of calcium). Then I was drinking mineral water (lots of calcium + lots of magnesium). I cut back on the mineral water and then had a deficiency in potassium. The docs prescribe me some chelation agents to reduce my calcium level. Then when they find my potassium level low, they prescribe some potassium supplements.

I just as easily fixed the problem by cutting back on pizza and eating basic vegetables like peas and potatoes.

Nobody bothered to check my diet. You are better looking up to see what foods provide natural vitamins and eat those.
Side effects of vitamin supplements such as vitamin C are that you end up wanting to urinate even though you are already empty.

A lot of high dose vitamin supplements are just pissed out any way...and some like vitamin a can cause liver damage. Eating proper food should give you what you need. Vitamin supplements should be for extreme deficiencies or if food variety is not available.
edit on 27/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

well technically the pharmaceutical companies already run the biggest vitamin names in the industry..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: infolurker

Why is this a bad thing. They also regulate our drinking water. Flint! Ohhhhhhhhh…...now I am understanding why this is bad.

Cheap supplements that prevent or cure deficiencies and don't result in hundreds / thousands of body bags a year bad.

Pharmaceutically modified synthetic supplements that can be patented and sold for 1000x the cost good. Drugs to treat the symptoms of chronic diseases caused by deficiencies good.

And anything else they want to put in them. I don't trust the government.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I took and sometimes till do take them.

They help with some of the things associated with migraine, but basically it only happens if you take larger doses. And while I could get that by ingesting enough food for it ... I prefer not to eat that many calories on a daily basis. I am overweight enough and work hard enough keeping my weight where it is without having to superload certain B-vitamins, potassium and magnesium.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The only common since advice I can give is try eating low calorie foods high in vitamins.

You can't gain weight if you don't ingest calories. Count every calorie every day and you will lose weight I promise.

And you can't become vitamin deficient if you are eating vitamin rich foods.

If I can eat right and stay health on $100 a month than anyone can.
It just takes planing and discipline.

Most people don't even read the labels on the food they buy. They just grab it and throw it in their cart.
I use my phones calculator to add up vitamin content and calories while I shop.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I take a few things to help with daily running, working out and general health. I do Spartan Races, 5k, 10k and my first half marathon will be in December. I take curcumin after a major stomach issue and learned how great that was from the Uni of Maryland's excellent medical website.

Knowing the correct dosage to get the benefits without wasting the rest of the dosage is important. However I think Billy Boy Gates is getting involved in something that isn't a problem. It's hard to truly overdose enough to land in the hospital with OTC vitamins and supplements especially if one reads the bottle/box and consults a few websites.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join