It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains Of American Service Members Leave North Korea Enroute For U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the complaint is that this should be a bigger story. I personally don't care. The story exists, the remains are back, and the two responsible are getting their due congratulations when the story appears. Again, it is enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So we trust that the N.K. regime somehow kept all these bodies in a safe place, somehow tagged them with identifications, and are now returning them home. I wonder if they have been cremated, or what?

Pardon my skepticism.

See following link detailing the recovery process. The North Korea repatriation process isn't a new thing. Commencing in 1990 the US military have had field teams in North Korea searching for and returning remains. During 2005 those teams were pulled from North Korea due to security concerns. That didn't stop the repatriations and the last ones prior to these recent ones were during 2007. Over 300 remains were repatriated from 1990-2007.

US Department of Defense Korean War Repatriation Link

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Rewey

but what about Obama, what about Obama.

It was to balance all the times that people on this board have said but obama did worse, when trump is called out for his wrong doing.

It works both ways you see.

Yeah, I just think it comes across as unhinged in this thread. Whatever way you cut it, Trump has done something pretty fricking amazing, which half a century's worth of presidents have failed at, and will bring some untold solace to 55-odd families.

If going else, it shows what can happen when you talk to people, rather than just slapping them with sanctions in a bid to make them come begging. No former presidents have tried that...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Rewey

but what about Obama, what about Obama.

It was to balance all the times that people on this board have said but obama did worse, when trump is called out for his wrong doing.

It works both ways you see.

If going else, it shows what can happen when you talk to people, rather than just slapping them with sanctions in a bid to make them come begging. No former presidents have tried that...

What if Kim is one of those guys that gets off on being humiliated? So every mean tweet Trump sent him just made Kim love him more and more.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Is that another win?

every POTUS since the war has wanted this , look who gets it done...

I remember President Trump talking about this during his 2.5 hour speech at 3am (Eastern), immediately after his all day meeting with Kim Jong-Un.

He was visibly emotional when describing how relatives of fallen North Korean servicemen pleaded with him on the Campaign Trail to bring their relatives back home, after he was elected President.

Gosh... God Bless Donald John Trump!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join