It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains Of American Service Members Leave North Korea Enroute For U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The icing on the cake will be for President Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize in October and a Red Tidal wave in November!

The cake, the icing and the entire point of celebration is that our brothers and sisters that fought on our behalf are coming home.

yeah but thanks to who?? You can say it we all know..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So how do you feel about obama bringing back prisoners from nk?

How do you feel about trump doing it?

People doing their job?

Im TOTALLY super duper double dog dared stoked about other people out there actually doing their jobs.

I mean TOTALLY!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The cake, the icing and the entire point of celebration is that our brothers and sisters that fought on our behalf are coming home.

Exactly.

Had it been Obama that was President. Or Clinton. Or whoever. The name on the Oval Office door doesn't matter in the slightest.

What matters is those kids are home. Finally.

Welcome home, brave ones. Sleep well.

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Clinton-en.wikipedia.org...

Obama- www.cnn.com...

Trump- www.foxnews.com...

Lets give credit where credit is due.

I tried real hard to find out if bush jr ever got anyone back but couldn't. So I have to assume he never did.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

The icing on the cake will be for President Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize in October and a Red Tidal wave in November!

Thanks to Kim and Trump. I believe it was a point they negotiated at their meeting and I have no problem stating that.

It's just sad that these service members coming home are overshadowed by partisan political douchebags that want to sing the praises of their Dear Leader.

Good job by Trump and Kim.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

To me, it's sad that the remains of those fallen in war are used as tools of political negotiation.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Thanks to Kim and Trump. I believe it was a point they negotiated at their meeting and I have no problem stating that.

It's just sad that these service members coming home are overshadowed by partisan political douchebags that want to sing the praises of their Dear Leader.

Good job by Trump and Kim.

*Screenshot added to gallery for later use

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So we trust that the N.K. regime somehow kept all these bodies in a safe place, somehow tagged them with identifications, and are now returning them home. I wonder if they have been cremated, or what?

Pardon my skepticism.

Wow that would be a truly evil move by kim.
Just send us a bunch of random body parts and say that they are our people just to trick us. But this is kim we are talking about here.

I hope we do some dna tests on those body parts so that the american families can be sure it's theirs.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: angeldoll
So we trust that the N.K. regime somehow kept all these bodies in a safe place, somehow tagged them with identifications, and are now returning them home. I wonder if they have been cremated, or what?

Pardon my skepticism.

Wow that would be a truly evil move by kim.
Just send us a bunch of random body parts and say that they are our people just to trick us. But this is kim we are talking about here.

I hope we do some dna tests on those body parts so that the american families can be sure it's theirs.

There will be DNA testing.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This is a GREAT thing for families, who finally get closure after so many years. I'm extremely happy that this took place, as should every American, however, I also stated this:

They'll probably say very little about it and continue on with their Russian Collusion BS talk, or maybe rant about the payout to a Playboy Bunny.

I said this, because I'm concerned on how little the Liberal media gives credit to our President. Here check out the headlines today on HUffPost. Notice the headline? See any mention of our soldiers remains arriving home? THIS IS what my thread is about. No credit for the good that our President is accomplishing...only scandals

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I said this, because I'm concerned on how little the Liberal media gives credit to our President.

I've read a couple articles about this in the "liberal media" and both stated this was the result of talks between Trump and Kim.

Are you expecting something more grandiose?

THIS IS what my thread is about. No credit for the good that our President is accomplishing...only scandals

I didn't see it on the Front Page of Fox News, either.

Seems to me you are making something out of nothing for the sake of being a political drama queen.

Drama queens are to be ignored, not to have their unreasonable demands placated to.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They'll be sent to be identified, I think, in Hawaii. I think. Anyway, they'll be sent to the same place missing Vietnam soldiers are sent.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Anyway, they'll be sent to the same place missing Vietnam soldiers are sent.

Glory?

They're already there.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

All the major left wing sites talked about this in a non negative way.

You just didn't look.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm a drama queen for pointing out a fact? OK, then I'm a drama queen then.

They'll probably say very little about it and continue on with their Russian Collusion BS talk, or maybe rant about the payout to a Playboy Bunny.

Lets check out CNN's headline..."Cohen's war on Trump"
www.cnn.com...

Lets check out MSNBC's headline..."Avenetti, 'My Client Is Not Going To Be Silenced'
www.msnbc.com...

Lets check out VOX's headline..."Paul Ryan is helping Trump undermine the rule of law"
www.vox.com...

Lets check out TIME's headline..."President Donald Trump denied a new report that he knew about a 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer who promised to give his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton. The claim reportedly comes from his former lawyer, Michael Cohen"
time.com...

Lets check out NPR's headline..."Russia Is The 'Dark Cloud' That Hangs Over Midterm Elections"
www.npr.org...

Lets check out Salon's headline.."GOP Trump resistance is growing"
www.salon.com...

Lets check out Slate's headline..."If Trump Knew About the Russia Meeting, He Could Be on the Hook for Conspiracy"
slate.com...

Tell me "how I'm making something out of nothing?" Is it "unreasonable" for me to state an opinion that's based on fact?

edit on 7/27/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Believe me I looked...check out my other post. I didn't have to "look" to hard.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Just once, can we forget the f'n politics?

55 young men are coming home. Some families are, finally, after 1/2 a century, going to get some closure.

Score your stupid political points somewhere else, if score 'em you must.

Hmm. Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it IS actually important to recognise that the President made this happen and he deserves credit for it.
I hope it brings some closure, if that is possible at this point, to the living relatives of these men.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That, too.

I believe the identification of their remains take place in Hawaii--though I'm not 100 percent sure of that.

But, yes, Valhalla.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm a drama queen for pointing out a fact? OK, then I'm a drama queen then.

No. You're a drama queen for making a big deal out of something that appears to be incorrect.

The pieces I have read specifically state this action is the result of Trump and Kim's agreements and I'm unsure at what lengths they would have to go to to satisfy someone such as yourself.

The fact you concern yourselves with such things, and have it take precedence in your thread over the fact these soldiers are finally coming home, tells me that you need to step away from the partisan media hate-fest.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

They'll do their due diligence, but there is only one thing that holding those remains did for North Korea: it gave Kim bragging rights that he had them. He no longer has those bragging rights. If he shipped the remains, he gets a lot of cooperation from the West, which he wants. If he pulled a fast one, he is the equivalent of Darth Vader in a world of Yodas.

Even if Kim did just scrape together some random human remains... it's irrelevant. I would actually hope if that were the case (which I don't think it is) that the examiners would hide the truth and announce the remains were legitimate. The soldiers are already in those hallowed Valhalla halls... the return of the remains are to allow us to move on toward normal relations, honoring what they died for, and to ease the grief of our heroes' loved ones. It's just dust... but it represents so much more. Let it represent. It is enough.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join