It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains Of American Service Members Leave North Korea Enroute For U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, it has finally happened. After 65 years, the remains of 55 American soldiers are finally coming home from North Korea. There's also evidence that North Korea is, in fact, starting to dismantle buildings at their Sohae nuclear facility, as well. How will the Democrats and the Liberal media spin this? They'll probably say very little about it and continue on with their Russian Collusion BS talk, or maybe rant about the payout to a Playboy Bunny. I'm no expert, but it would seem that North Korea is fulfilling part of the commitment they made to President Trump. Remember how the Liberal media made a big stink about Trump making "huge" concessions for such little return? I think the return of our soldiers remains isn't "little," but instead, a "huge" accomplishment and I also think it's the start of a positive momentum towards peace.

The White House released a statement confirming that a U.S. Air Force C-17 plane carrying the remains had left North Korea and would bring them to Osan Air Base, where a ceremony will be held next week.

"At their historic meeting in Singapore, President Donald J. Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un took a bold first step to achieve the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, transform relations between the United States and North Korea, and establish enduring peace," the statement said. "Today, the Chairman is fulfilling part of the commitment he made to the President to return our fallen American service members. We are encouraged by North Koreas actions and the momentum for positive change."

www.foxnews.com...

The icing on the cake will be for President Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize in October and a Red Tidal wave in November!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is that another win?

every POTUS since the war has wanted this , look who gets it done...

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It'd be nice to leave partisanship behind for just a moment and respect the sacrifices made by these men and their families.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just once, can we forget the f'n politics?

55 young men are coming home. Some families are, finally, after 1/2 a century, going to get some closure.

Score your stupid political points somewhere else, if score 'em you must.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just picturing caricatures of evil, evil North Koreans, hovering over the remains, sick twisted looking snip eating ear to ear grins on their faces while they rub their hands together... "Yes. YEEEEESSSSS!"...

and then swoosh a worker comes in dressed like one of Dr. Evil's minions and starts loading the remains onto a pallet and pallet jacks them out before their eyes... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo..................."

A sad day in North Korea indeed.

edit on 26-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It'd be nice to leave partisanship behind for just a moment and respect the sacrifices made by these men and their families.

It would be. Any other time this would be celebrated by all Americans.

I really dont know how they will spin it to bad for Trump but I am curious what they will say..

Lets see...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I got to disagree with you on this one DC. I don't think it is about partisan. If people can't say that all of this is possible because Trump is President, then that would be a fabrication of reality. The truth is this is happening because Trump is President.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I got to disagree with you on this one DC. I don't think it is about partisan. If people can't say that all of this is possible because Trump is President, then that would be a fabrication of reality. The truth is this is happening because Trump is President.

fact......

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I'll give mad props to Trump. Don't have a problem with that.

But I'm going to focus on the peace of mind some families may get instead of the Nobel Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Just once, can we forget the f'n politics?

55 young men are coming home. Some families are, finally, after 1/2 a century, going to get some closure.

Score your stupid political points somewhere else, if score 'em you must.

Saying that Trump is responsible for the return of this isn't playing politics. It's just a fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

But I'm going to focus on the peace of mind some families may get instead of the Nobel Peace.

Some people are able to focus on both. The Nobel Peace prize has shown itself to be a joke. I have family that was in North Korea during the war, I wish my father in law was alive to witness this moment. He might have gotten some closure.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He did "ask" Kim for the returns, that is a sign of a gentleman, and it was honored by Kim. Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Some people are able to focus on both. The Nobel Peace prize has shown itself to be a joke. I have family that was in North Korea during the war, I wish my father in law was alive to witness this moment. He might have gotten some closure.

Fortunately, 55 families may finally see some closure.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I usually agree with Db on everything but Im with you on this one..

You cant leave politics out of it when politics are what accomplished it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Fortunately, 55 families may finally see some closure.

Amen. May they each and every one find it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You guys are killing me here!

A good thing happened. Yeah, Trump could and should take credit.

I'm just more focused on the result itself and not who orchestrated it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I usually agree with Db on everything but Im with you on this one..

You cant leave politics out of it when politics are what accomplished it.

I understand where he is coming from and if the political atmosphere where of a different nature I think it could be accomplished. A noble endeavor if there ever was one.
edit on 26-7-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That is understandable, but we each deal with these things in different ways. I am happy that this happened, and I am also in the mudpitt. This discussion is going to happen whether anyone wants it too or not, I am not sure if there is a timetable to put on it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

fair enough..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly.

I couldn't possibly care less who got it done. The fact that it got done is enough. 55 families are going to receive some closure--bittersweet, but closure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join