It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Episode 3 Top Move EVER!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So I'm piss tired of seeing that craptastic movie Titanic above ANY Star Wars movie in terms of overall theatre grossings. Don't believe me about that? See for yourself!

www.imdb.com...

So I'm forming a movement to make the new Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, the top grossing movie of all time. No matter how bad it may be (which from the previews actually looks good, compared to episodes one and two), we should all go see it at least twice in theatres. The prefered amount of times to see it is somewhere in the neighborhood of ten times that though.

Who's with me on this one?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think you have a problem here. Use the Big Mac formula. What did one cost in '77, as opposed to '97. I could look it up but I'll go with the beer equation. In '77 a 12 pack was $4.85, in '97 approx. $12.00. So for the dollar value Star Wars is #1 by a large margin.

Odd

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
if it's anything like episode one, and, to a lesser extent, episode two, they'll have to digitally add me to the audience in post-production.

I hate Titantic as much as any self-respecting man, but meesa just so tired!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
but meesa just so tired!

"Don't talk for Jar Jar".

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually they factored inflation into the money count already. So too bad for you interpid.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I just don't see it happening. Star Wars doesn't have the steam that it once did. For example, when Ep1 came out I saw it 9 times at the theater/drive-in simply because of the mass anticipation and glee over waiting so long for it. However, I saw Ep2 only once in the theater because the high was gone. I doubt the high for Ep3 will be much bigger then Ep2 also because we already know the ending.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Actually the previews for this one make it look more like the intense, science fiction/action movie we've all been wanting.

Try these to see the teaser trailer:
generationxreviews.com...
generationxreviews.com...

It's only in Quicktime format as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Episode III, I can confidently say will make the most money out of the prequels. Even though we know the basic story is'nt going to stop the hordes of people that are going to see it. From the trailers it looks far superior from the first two and even from the basic script that I've come across.

It's going to break the top ten money makers for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Cmdrkeenkid,

I'm sorry dude, but All-Time USA Boxoffice means absolutely nothing. All-Time Worldwide Boxoffice is everything: IMDB Link. Titanic made $1,835,300,000! The next closest Star Wars movie was the Phantom Menace at $922,379,000. With the original Star Wars after that at $797,900,000. Attack of the Clones is the third highest-grossing Star Wars movie at $648,200,000. That is a huge dropoff in sales. This just goes to show that people are not enjoying Star Wars quite like they used to.

George Lucas is a hack - the best Star Wars movie, the Empire Strikes Back, wasn't even directed by him. And hell, I liked Return of the Jedi (also not directed by Lucas) even better than the first Star Wars (which was directed by Lucas), but you can see Lucas' influence as producer for the film - the Ewoks. They would have never been there if Georgey didn't have a temper tantrum.

Star Wars is a niche market. There may be many fans, but a good many people do grow out of the Star Wars hoopla (myself included). I'm not too big of a Titanic fan but it is the type of film that people never grow old of - love and romance (and big ships ; -). And that is why Titanic is at the top and Star Wars is not. Well, that, and the fact that the Star Wars movies no longer have any substance to them. I'm still pissed that Lucas wrote the force off as a bunch of symbiotic organisms. WTF is that? The force was explained in the first trilogy. Again, Lucas is a cheap, fat, greedy, hack!

Here is my prediction. If the marketing for this new Star Wars movie goes well, it will make it into the 600-800 million dollar range. Although, I think too many people are all Star Wars'ed out.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
BAH! Titanic is only at the top because so many people wanted to see Kate Winslet's boobs... That's the true reason and EVERYONE knows it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
BAH! Titanic is only at the top because so many people wanted to see Kate Winslet's boobs... That's the true reason and EVERYONE knows it.

Oddly enough thats the only reason why I watched it

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
same here

SCHWING!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i will be seeing it the first day

then i will download it

top topics

join