It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Finally Meet the Right One ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It took me years, when I was about 49 years old.

First marriage, I was 22 years old, starting a new career that I have been in for 31 years.

I worked out of town alot . That lasted maybe 2 years.

I felt pressured to do the right thing . Get a good job, get married and have kids. That was the thing, the tradition back then.

Just found a girl who I liked alot and she liked me. Not true love.

No kids. No mortgage.

10 years later, still the same career, met a woman I thought would be good to have kids with to please my kin folk. Thought I loved her, but she tricked me into thinking she liked all the stuff I liked.

Until the marriage , the kids and the mortgage.

Many fall into this trap.

The kids were great, still same career, but the wife changed and try to change me.

After about 18 years of marriage , I ended it . I was so unhappy I had lost myself and felt like ending my life because I felt like it had nothing else to offer but this misery of this marriage.

I finally ended the marriage , but it was a great battle that left me homeless and jobless.

It was worth it because during this process, I met THE ONE.

My perfect one.

I met her on here.

4 years later, things are great ! We are married living a blissful, peaceful life.

Thank you ATS for the opportunity of meeting my perfect partner to be with me through the rest of my journey we call life.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

4 years later, things are great ! We are married living a blissful, peaceful life.

Your Avatar says you joined in 2016. 2 years ago. What's up with that?

As long as you are content and sleep well at night, good for you.
edit on 26-7-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I've seen a few who became a couple from ATS over the years. Not sure their relationship status at this time.
Regardless; congrats to you and your other, and may many more years of happiness greet you.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Reincarnation ATS style. Surely you know there are many, many formers who have made their way back? Maybe even some you used to know and interact with...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It took me 39 years, and I am not sure about her being the "right one".

She is a redhead, so she is the "right one" when knives are in reach. When she goes out harvesting souls... I turn a blind eye. The relationship is symbiotic. She destroys humanity during the day, and we watch "Whose Line Is It Anyway" reruns at night.

You asked....

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

Me, I met mine, during 7 years of hell with my abusive ex. He apparently told mutual friends that if he ever had the chance to be with me, he would marry me.
I've been with him now for 23 years. Only married for 15. He was too nice. I kept waiting for that other shoe to drop. It still hasn't.

Do we fight and argue? Hell yeah! But like adults. Never physical. And goddess knows we have had our trials.

Isn't it awesome when you find the right ONE?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Congratulations. I find things like that cool and i'm glad you guys found happiness. I don't know if I can answer your question though. Me and my girlfriend have both been together since we were 17. Just over 13 years now. There's been a lot of ups and downs over the years. The last couple years have been a whole lotta down and fairly all kinds of #ed up. Things are back heading up though. I dunno it's certainly been interesting. We've both changed a lot and put up with a lot from eachother. We're definitely not living in an ideal location for children and moving to somewhere more ideal for children would cost too much for us to raise children. We've both agreed getting married at the moment isn't worth it. We'd just end up paying more in taxes for no real benefits compared to our situation now.

Hehe I guess, ask me again in ten years and i'll let you know how it's all going. I'm sure i'll still be kicking around here if i'm alive, the world hasn't ended and ATS is still alive and kicking. Been reading the crap in this place now for a good ohhh...#...14-15 years now i'm sure i'll still be hanging about.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: highvein

Reincarnation ATS style. Surely you know there are many, many formers who have made their way back? Maybe even some you used to know and interact with...

That makes sense

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

She is a redhead, so she is the "right one" when knives are in reach. When she goes out harvesting souls... I turn a blind eye. The relationship is symbiotic. She destroys humanity during the day, and we watch "Whose Line Is It Anyway" reruns at night.

You asked....

I live my days in fear.

Day 72: I stay very still, because a redhead's vision is based on movement. She is learning echolocation...

Day 73: I poop only out of fear...

...last entry...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

Me, I met mine, during 7 years of hell with my abusive ex. He apparently told mutual friends that if he ever had the chance to be with me, he would marry me.
I've been with him now for 23 years. Only married for 15. He was too nice. I kept waiting for that other shoe to drop. It still hasn't.

Do we fight and argue? Hell yeah! But like adults. Never physical. And goddess knows we have had our trials.

Weird thing is, we have not had one argument . No yelling at each other .

And it is awesome to find the right one !

BTW chiefsmom, I remember you too .

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

I tried answering all of her questions, with "I am Groot!".

She cut me.

Seriously, dude... how do you pull that off?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You asked....

My first wife was a true red head.

God bless your soul.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

She cut me.

You start with subtle flirtations and build up to sci-fi love stories. But, then, you have to go live in the woods for awhile, coming back renewed ready for a new life.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Congratulations. I find things like that cool and i'm glad you guys found happiness. I don't know if I can answer your question though. Me and my girlfriend have both been together since we were 17. Just over 13 years now. There's been a lot of ups and downs over the years. The last couple years have been a whole lotta down and fairly all kinds of #ed up. Things are back heading up though. I dunno it's certainly been interesting. We've both changed a lot and put up with a lot from eachother. We're definitely not living in an ideal location for children and moving to somewhere more ideal for children would cost too much for us to raise children. We've both agreed getting married at the moment isn't worth it. We'd just end up paying more in taxes for no real benefits compared to our situation now.

Hehe I guess, ask me again in ten years and i'll let you know how it's all going. I'm sure i'll still be kicking around here if i'm alive, the world hasn't ended and ATS is still alive and kicking. Been reading the crap in this place now for a good ohhh...#...14-15 years now i'm sure i'll still be hanging about.

If it works , it works. Good for you !

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

She cut me.

You start with subtle flirtations and build up to sci-fi love stories. But, then, you have to go live in the woods for awhile, coming back renewed ready for a new life.

I tried animal tranquilizers, but she kept eating the darts.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

LOL I Know your story.
And it is a good one!

She cut me.

I tried animal tranquilizers, but she kept eating the darts.

Bawahahahahahahahaha!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was leaving a high school dance at a country club. I open the door for a young lady, two years later I married her. We have been inseparable for 41 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hasn’t happened yet for me, maybe one day though.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Congrats Groot

When did I meet the right one?

After discovering the Philippines!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I met mine in 1992.
We met at a party thrown by mutual friends.
We went to the same high school, me 89 grad, her 91 and never knew each other which is really weird.
She went to prom with my best friends brother and was good friends with my then girlfriends sister. No clue how the hell we never met.

She walked into the room and my friend introduced us and two minutes later as we wandered apart to mingle, I told my friend that I was going to marry that girl.
I did in 1994.

I found my best friend that day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join