It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, it's obviously government funded/sponsored. Everything paints the American military in a good light (and the French military the past couple days...Strange coincedince considering Bush's trip...). Yet, I love it. You get to see stories about the SEALs that you wan't hear anywhere else, and it has some really in depth information on other US military projects.

I put this in the political conspiracies forum because there is no outside evidence that this channel is funded by the military. The commercial time is super cheap; I've never seen a 2 minute commercial by the sharper image until I started watching the military channel. However, can anyone point out what's wrong with giving us a platform on which we can research things we never knew about?

Oh, also, apparently genocide, according to the international court, is only punishabe with 46 years in prison. 46 years = entire people. Interesting, hope I don't start to hate a group of people, because the cost is well worth paying...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've got a problem with Military Channel because it replaced my precious Discovery Wings channel.

Well, that and considering the political climate, it seems a bit overt...a bit OBVIOUS.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I posted about this a while back....my hubby watched "Wings" all the time....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I might watch the military channel every once in a while so it wouldn't be a horrible idea. Can't say I would watch it all the time because you can only watch so many military things in a row....unless they are John Wayne movies.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, I'm watching the History channel right now, modern marvels on quarries. Really interesting stuff. Yes, we lost Discovery Wings, but we gained a history channel (or 3, in my case) that no longer focuses almost entirely on war. That always bothered me, and now that the history channel is paying attention to history instead of just war, I've been a lot happier.

Besides, Discovery Wings was almost entirely military because the military is making all the innovations, not jetliners. (yes, I know there were exceptions, just as there were with the History channel. Yet, the History channel wasn't called the World War 2 network for nothing...)

new topics

top topics

join